“Be aware”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Miami Beach, Florida
“Be aware”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have just found out that you can get a 25 dollar credit on booking but cannot claim it once booked in when I asked for the t&c there were none.

My niece was chatted up by the guy on the front desk last night when she went for a bottle opener saying can I come and share a glass with you.

Pool staff the other day complaining in front of guests about management saying they are hiring 4 more pool attendants the manager came to the pool and did not help the situation by telling the staff to put up or shut up in a round about way.

Over all this is a nice hotel but not top end.

Managers treat your staff better as it is not good them saying that there are better hotels in the area I'm in room 632 if you would like me to expand good luck

Room Tip: See room before you check in
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Alex T, General Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Mark B,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Please accept my apologies for any inconveniences you encountered. I can assure you that your experience is not a usual occurrence at Loews Miami Beach, we value all of our customers and their business.

At Loews we work to truly go above and beyond to create a warm, welcoming, and satisfying experience, so we apologize that you feel your stay was any less than this. Your comments will be shared with our team in an effort to keep improving. We hope that we can welcome you back again soon for a better experience.

Again, please accept our apologies, if you wish to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to contact my office at 305-604-5452 or email my assistant at BJulian@loewshotels.com.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (920)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I don't usually do reviews, but I was so impressed with the service we received that I had to write about it. This place was worth spending a little extra. The location is very close to Ocean Drive, Lincoln and Washington-we walked everywhere. From the second we arrived the service was impeccable. There is a tall thin light-skinned bellhop who was very helpful and pleasant-I wish I remembered his name but he is the tallest guy there. We loved the pool, and Junior was so helpful in getting us prime seats. They always had cold water available when you came back to the hotel. The evening entertainment in the hotel lounge area was really nice! My husband and I went down there each night for drinks and even danced some. Overall is was just a very pleasant experience and although we paid a little more, the location and service made it completely worth it!! Thanks Loews and the employees I mentioned!

• Stayed June 2014
Alex T, General Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear RaeB1,

Your first sentence just blew us away! On that note, thank you for taking the time to review us.

You are quite the explorer! You mentioned our hotel’s 16th Street location is the perfect spot to explore South Beach because of the close proximity (walking distance) to all things "Miami" – we couldn’t agree with you more. Our local flair and energetic staff bring the spirit of Miami into each guest experience and they truly work to ensure your stay is comfortable and enjoyable. It comes as no surprise that one of the bellhops and Junior at the pool were able to help you make the most of your vacation.

It gives us great pleasure to hear you were able to see so many Miami things during your stay with you. You mentioned enjoying drinks and even dancing at our Hemisphere Lounge – we are really glad to hear it! By the looks of it, it sounds like you had a great stay! Thank you again for reviewing us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Loews Miami Beach, this is our 2nd time to visit and loved it. The staff are fabulous, especially David at the Concierge desk. It's a lovely cosy comfy hotel. Bedrooms great & would highly recommend it. It is very central to shops, restaurants etc.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Flunk,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and thank you for coming back a second time. Lovely, cozy, comfy and great bedrooms are all words that make us smile!

We pride ourselves on not only offering the highest level of guest service, but on having the most wonderful and dedicated staff so it makes us extremely thrilled to hear that David at Concierge was able to provide you the kind of service we strive for every day – a true Loews Hospitality.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Loved the hotel. Did not like south beach, it has changed its dirty and attracts a bad crowd. Loved the hotel and particularly the beach and pool. Make sure you have a car and just stay away from the ocean drive area. Would definitely go back though.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Robert C,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. You mentioned loving our pool and the beach, as well as the hotel. It makes us very happy to hear that we were able to surpass your expectations especially while on vacation with us!

We are sorry to hear that South beach was a disappointment. Hopefully we can welcome you back to enjoy many other things that make South Beach – a great place to vacation. Next time we will make sure to recommend attending something in the New World Symphony or dining with us at our Lure Seafood Restaurant. It recently won New Times Best Seafood Restaurant in 2014.

We hope to welcome you back in the future!
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I have been here 5 minutes and found roaches in the bathroom. Management offered another room and upon arrival I realized that the room was a downgrade (probably due to availability). I wanted to call the front desk to discuss the issue and the phone did not work. VERY bad start.

Room Tip: Roaches probably don't restrict themselves to one room. On the other hand, they are nocturnal so...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank truestory22
Dear truestory22,

Allow me to apologize for your unpleasant experience at our property. Please know that we take our sanitation very seriously and I will be contacting the Housekeeping Director as well as our General Managers to address this point.

Everyday we strive to deliver better service and it is your feedback that allows us to improve. I can assure you that your experience is not a usual occurrence and we will be sure to work on the areas that need attention. Please accept our apologies, if you wish to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to contact my office at 305-604-5452 or email my assistant at BJulian@loewshotels.com.
Toronto
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I have stayed at the Loews South Beach three times now. The hotel is beautiful and the service is unparalleled. The pool is gorgeous and the staff could not be more service-oriented. I'd especially like to thank Marcela and Lara at Nautilus and Orick and Ricardo at the pool, who went out of their way to be friendly and made me completely comfortable. Sadly, I think I won't be coming back to the Lowes. I spent 5 days at the pool, and for most of them I was breathing in second hand smoke in 90 degree heat. There are neither designated smoking or non-smoking areas. Guests were smoking in the pool, beside the pool and one woman was even dumping her ashes along the side of the pool. (When I notified the staff about this, they provided her with an ashtray).
I understand that Miami law permits this, but in 2014 it's hard to believe that Loews' smoking policies are what they are, especially with so many kids and babies at the pool.
A note re: value: I travel a lot and usually expect to pay through the nose at a good hotel, but when you can only buy a water
in the lobby for $9 it seems pretty excessive. As I was checking out of the hotel the night before my morning departure (paying a bill of over $2000) the person who checked me out went to great lengths to ensure that my final $5 ice tea charge from Hemispheres would be included in my bill. That seemed especially egregious after
having paid so many extra taxes and alcohol taxes and 4.50 room service charges each time I ordered room service and a 20 per cent gratuity on pretty much everything. I think another hotel might have just comped the 5 buck ice tea.
I think it would serve Loews well to review their pricing and their practices - even if only to create the illusion that guests are valued and
that we're not being completely taken advantage of.

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank yyzwithazed
Dear yyzwithazed,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

‘Beautiful’ and ‘unparalleled’ are words that make us smile. It also makes us very happy to hear that the staff was friendly and helpful. We feel our employees best represent what it is we offer at our hotel, that is a four-diamond and MORE attitude towards exceeding guest expectations. Having said that, we are especially happy to hear that Marcela and Lara at Nautilus and Orick and Ricardo at the pool made your stay with us a better one.

Please accept my apology for the inconveniences you encountered with regards to smoking within our property. Per your mention of our pricing, as we are a 4-diamond property we try to maintain our rates competitive with other hotels of our caliber in Miami Beach. We do apologize if you felt that the prices were a bit high for your liking.

Despite some negatives during you stay, it sounds like overall you had a good experience thanks to a polite staff, gorgeous pool and a service-oriented team. Thank you again for taking the time to review us.
Dearborn Heights, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This was by far one of the nicest hotels in south beach. It was in the center of restaurants & shopping. The beach was directly behind the hotel as well as a board walk. The hotel also had a gym, a few restaurants (great food), an ice cream shop and a wonderful pool with a shop inside the hotel. They even had an outdoor movie playing for the kids off the water with popcorn. Very kid friendly and all staff was great. No complaints, will definitely come here again!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sana H,

‘By far one of the nicest hotels in south beach’. Thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to review us.

As you mentioned, the hotel is indeed at a "good location". Just steps away to Lincoln Road, Ocean Drive and various shopping and dining establishments. We are happy to have been able to host you and your family during this recent trip, and cannot wait for you to return so we can delight you again.

We are glad the outdoor popcorn and a movie playing for your kids was something they enjoyed! We really are sincere when we say Loews Loves Kids!

We pride ourselves on not only offering the highest level of guest service, but on having the most wonderful and dedicated staff, as well as being in the heart of all local attractions and great nightlife in South Beach.

We hope that you have taken advantage of our complimentary YouFirst membership program which rewards guests for their loyalty to the hotel. If you haven't signed up as of yet, be sure to do so that way you can receive benefits such as complimentary upgrades, gym access and more! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and hope that you will join us again soon.