“Great location and service”

Loews Miami Beach Hotel
Ranked #62 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
London
“Great location and service”
Reviewed 5 November 2010

Our impression of this hotel was hugely influenced by the fact we were upgraded to a fantastic ocean view suite. The balcony was enormous with an amazing view of the city too and on the top floor. The children slept in the sitting room which was separated by a door and we had the bedroom with a huge bed (by English standards). We had originally booked a St Moritz suite without balcony which is in a separate tower next door and not sure we would have been quite so wowed! Service was great everywhere in the hotel. We had buffet breakfast each day which was very good but a trifle expensive at $28 each ($10 for kids). Pool area was good and well staffed. I imagine it gets very busy in peak times. Location fantastic - right by beach and easy walking to all the cool places. Loved it and will definitely go back but nothing will live up to the feeling of sitting on that huge balacony at night and seeing the ocean and the lights of Miami. Wish I was there now!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (915)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 26 October 2010

We have stayed on South Beach numerous times, but this was our first time at this hotel. We stayed here instead of our usual favorite (Ritz Carlton) because we were traveling with colleagues for a convention. Upon arrival Sunday evening at 9pm, we were told that the "system was down" so our room wouldn't be ready for a few minutes. We were invited to tour the property while we waited. One hour and forty-five minutes later, we were told our room was ready. When we got to the room, it was a city view with 2 doubles. We had booked an ocean view with a king. When we called downstairs, we were told the hotel was full. The entire evening was awful and the service dreadful.

Other negatives: the meeting rooms are dreadfully cold and the cell phone coverage is poor.
Also, if a bunch of 40-50 something business travelers singing karaoke in the lobby bar at ridiculous volume is your idea of a fun South Beach experience, then this is the place for you.

Positives: Location. Location. Location. You can walk anywhere from here. Also, the pool attendants are incredibly good. The front desk staff could take a lesson from them. The fitness center is also very nice.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank AnonyAtlanta_georgia
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 October 2010

My husband and I came here on vacation celebrating our anniversary. We arrived early but were accomodated with early check in and an upgrade in room. The room's balcony had a lovely view of the beach and the room was very clean. We were also comped a wine a cheese platter, when we told them we were celebrating our anniversary. We will be going again. Lovely hotel and staff.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
liverpool
Reviewed 26 October 2010

I had booked a total of 4 rooms for my family and we stayed for 2 nights midweek One of the rooms was in the second building which has not yet been refurbished TIP 1, ensure your room is in main tower. they decided to upgrade anyway to a full ocean view and transferred to our building this was $60 per night and it was a good view,TIP 2 hold out I was upgraded to partial view fro free. This is a fine hotel and we found very few faults if any to be honest it is expensive but this is what you would expect service was excellent especially around the pool where drinks and food served all day Pool is open 24/7 and the jacuzzi is hot I mean really hot so be careful, rooms where excellent we had a wet room and shower worked well, well appointed and clean.One of my sons and his partner had a meal in the Sushi bar and said it was excellent and as it went on my tab fromt the price of it it should have been. The bar service inside was also excellent and the staff could not do enough for you.
Location wise it was ideal for ourselves as we had a young baby and so did not want to be in the lively "ocean drive" melee it was a 2 minute walk from the art deco district but that distance kept away the noise, it was an easy walk to washington and the pedestrianised areas a word of warining just be alert there where some questionable characters around especially on Washington by "MIAMI INK" I would recommend this hotel and when myself and the wife returnI will make this my first option.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Washington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 October 2010

We traveled in the off season, so the hotel was less than 1/2 full and we received a complimentary upgrade. Our room was on the 16th floor, had a great view of the ocean and we spent each evening on the balcony. We had no problem getting service at the pool. Walking around South Beach, I saw all the boutique hotels I had considered booking, and I was pleased with my choice. I love resort-style hotels and love all the palm trees and the feeling of luxury. Staff members were friendly and willing to please. Location was great! We rented bikes 1 block away and rode for two hours.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Boca Raton
Reviewed 21 October 2010

I really enjoyed my recent stay at the Loews Miami Beach. the room was great, the conference food was incredible - highlighted by sushi from the new sushi bar in the lobby.

As I reflected on my trip I realized that every single employee I came in contact with was incredibly nice. I wanted to comment on this because a) it is sadly SO rare these days b)
The hotel is in Miami. customer Service in Miami is typically brash these days so it was extra special.

From the moment I was helped with my luggage the porter didn't seem like he was doing it for a tip, to the pleasant check in team, incredibly helpful lobby tour from the porter on the way to the room, every single cleaning staff person said hello in a genuine manner, and the folks on the way out were pleasant, fast and effective!

We're all pretty quick to complain on Twitter Facebook etc so I thought I should be fair with my compliments.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Dingle24601
Reviewed 20 October 2010

The Loews Miami Beach was one of the best hotels I’ve ever stayed in. Sandwiched by the beach on one side and Collins Avenue on the other, it’s in the perfect location for a Miami vacation.

I was with two friends and we stayed in a suite on the 18th floor with a large balcony overlooking the beach. The room was beautiful with a living room, large bathroom and king size bed. There were tvs in every room, including the bathroom, and the balcony had a table and chairs as well as two lounge chairs.

The Palm Court that leads down to the pool is absolutely beautiful. The pool is likewise impressive and open 24-hours. The beach is just steps away, which made it easy to go swimming in the ocean and relax in our cabana.

We ate at Nautilus, Emrils and Sushi SoBe, and everything was absolutely delicious. The food is fairly expensive, but not surprising for a hotel.

The hotel is in the perfect location for people who are looking to go out at night. You’re a quick walk from the Delano, the Shore Club and a number of other great spots. It was my first time in Miami and the Loews made for a great hub.

I can’t say enough great things about the Loews or Miami in general. The hotel is beautiful and the location can’t be beat. I’ll definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends