“Neither bad nor good”
Review of Dorchester Hotel

Dorchester Hotel
Ranked #117 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 19 June 2009

The Dorchester suites hotel is ideally located and its staff is very friendly. Unfortunately though having been refurbished recently, we did not find it very clean. The bathroom was very old and noisy, We could heard when the neighbours next rooms were opening the taps somehow like a plane taking off.. Our room was quickly made up, in order words, bed were done, towels were folded but the floors weren't cleaned at all. They charged me a lot of taxes though the hotel was booked by a tour operator (Safe (!), energy, local taxes and 25 USD per day for the parking). I would therefore recommend to park at nearby Convention Center Parking(15 USD a day). For the evenings we went to Lincoln street and Hispanola ways to have supper.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 June 2009

Had a great stay! was there June 4-7, 2009. VERY friendly staff! Rooms very clean. Location is great. If any suggestion, the TVs and bathrooms could use some modernization, but I would recommend this hotel to anyone! My buddies stayed at the Shelley and had the worst stay possible!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2009

Found this hotel by accident because we were staying in another place across the street that wasn t very good. However wanted to stay in this area in south beach. Staff treated us well. Breakfast buffet was fresh and not too expensive, cozy like a bed and breakfast. Room was cool and very modern, wood floors and lots of white and even a cool leather rocking chair
The was just a tube tv but I saw that they were installing flat screens in other rooms as part of their redesign of the place. Room seemed a bit larger than in other boutique hotels in Miami that i ve seen.
The bar was slick. See the barman, cute., Very entertaining...and loads of free drinks!!! The lucky thing was when l forgot my purse at the pool they returned it to me.....with money still in it!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2009

I was surprised at the cleanliness of our room. we stayed 4 nights and did not have a problem with towel replacements, not once did we have to ask for clean towels. Nice big pool with shady palm trees and comfortable chaise lounges. The best was the beach across the street and the beach towels they give you. the 4 dollar surcharge for energy was not that big a deal. I felt that a nice touch would be fresh morning coffee and tea, there was none in the room. The refrigerator that comes with the room is fine, just tell them to take out the snacks and drinks and you can store your yogurts, juice and cheese. Oh go to Ali's turkish gyro on 11th street and washington, good food for not too much money. you can feed 2 people with one entree. tell him Mohammed from the dorchester sent you.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2009

I booked at another hotel after being misled by the reviews and upon arrival was TOTALLY disgusted at the filth!!!!!! My friends and I decided not to stay at that particular hotel and looked for availabilities at other places. The Dorchester had rooms available. Before booking, I asked if I could see the rooms and to my surprise the rooms were extremely clean. The staff was very friendly and the location was great. Now I will be honest the suites although large in size were outdates however the single rooms were recently remodeled. I would definitely stay there again!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2009

Ok, let's begin with the fact that this hotel has parking ON-SITE (one car per room). Yes, you DO pay for it, however, it beats having to wait for the valet at other much more expensive hotels or having to go through a mission finding a meter. If their parking is full, they will allow for you to block other cars and they take care of moving it for you! This place is such a gem, from the beautiful lobby, to the cool and chic bar (and happy hour!), and the pool that offers incredible privacy for guests. The breakfast buffet (with hot and cold items) can't be beat for $11.95, but I think their rates per night are the big winner. I've never paid more than $109/night at this place! Now keep in mind: the rooms are ALL different! I've stayed in all their models, and some are smaller than others, some have carpet and other hardwood floors. I do recommend asking for a tour of the rooms to find the one you like best. Basic appliances like blow-dryer and iron are offered. The beds are VERY comfortable (my personal peeve!) and maid service is offered daily. The staff was very accommodating and FRIENDLY, making it a place you just can't not go back to again. As far as the location - 18th and Colllins is the equivalent to being able to enjoy everything Lincoln Road has to offer and not have to DRIVE to any of it! =)

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 April 2009

We stayed at the Dorchester and at first because of the reviews I was very weary of what to expect. Upon walking in, the lobby was beautiful and we were greeted by a warm front desk woman. We arrived to the hotel 6 hours before check in and they still gave us a room right away.

We had a renovated room and it was great! Nice cherry hardwood floors and two comfortable double beds with clean white linens. The only thing about the room is that the bathroom was very dated and looked like it was never renovated. The light buzzed when turned on and the shower vent needed to be cleaned, other than that everything was great.

The pool is relaxing and quiet and the free happy hour is great even thought its only rum and pineapple or rum and cokes (but there is $1 service charge per drink) . The bartenders are friendly and fun.

But i'd have to say the best part about this hotel is that it's in a great location! Right across from the beach and in walking distance to all the hottest clubs and restaurants. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends