Dorchester Hotel
Townhouse Hotel(Miami Beach)
  • Breakfast included
Boutique 18(Miami Beach)
View Hotel
The Redbury South Beach(Miami Beach)
  • Restaurant
1,398 results
All reviewssister hotelsouth beachhappy hourlincoln roadocean driveupgraded to a suitechecking instandard roomnice poolpool area isbeach accessan umbrellafree drinksbeach towelsart decoworcestermarseille
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 February 2010

We stayed in town over Pro Bowl weekend and were delighted to get a rate of $139 for 2 queen beds. The hotel is located within walking distance of all the good sopts on Collins. At check in we were disappointed to discover what we had confirmed property direct with a hotel employee as 2 beds was now 1 king - for 2 couples that didn't work. We awere able to resolve it because another room checking in wanted the king so we just switched. Parking is an issue as the hotel has more rooms than spaces. Street parking is limited and confliting stories from hotel employees over where you will and won't get towed parking overnight. The hotel has recently been redone in a boutique style that we liked, but essentials such as the elevator is original and not updated. Happy Hour is complimentary 7-8pm - bonus!

Overall we would stay again, but would address parking in advance!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
jvalera, Asst. General Manager at Dorchester Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2010

Dear THEGUYFROM,

We are so happy you chose us for the Pro Bowl weekend, there was such a great energy in Miami Beach that weekend it was contagious. I would like to apologize for the confusion we may have caused at check in for your room type; we always stress the importance of guaranteeing the room types of our guests. Fortunately, the issue was settled by other guests staying with us: something happens to people when they stay at the Dorchester--call it South Beach, Miami, the mix of cultures, but problems usually sort themselves out and a refreshing mojito plays a good role in this process!
I would also like to let our guests know that in Miami Beach and Downtown Miami parking is limited, and the Dorchester Hotel goes through great efforts in ensuring that we can provide parking to those who first request it, and provide accurate information as well on where to park in Miami Beach. I hope our hotel staff and our boutique style made your Pro Bowl weekend worthwhile remembering, and we would like to let you know that we await you with open arms.
-Juan-Manuel Valera III
Asst. GM

Reviewed 31 January 2010

We were there for fun so weren't too fussy about the accommodation etc. But I had terrible trouble beforehand with Travelrepublic through whom I booked this hotel - I booked 'self-catering' believing this was the suites, not the hotel rooms, and it wasn't. Don't know if the suites were any nicer, but beware they act as pretty much 2 hotels, despite being on the same premises, so be sure which you are booking. The room was basic and the bathroom very dated. We were there in very cold weather and we got a heater and blankets, so the staff were pretty accommodating that way. Didn't try the breakfast. - went to the complex next door where the coffee is free. Highlight was the Happy Hour in the bar between 7-8pm every night. Great bartenders, great fun and good value. Outside Happy Hour, a spirit was £14, so well worth firing in a few between 7 and 8! Pool area pleasant, free internet in lobby, and central to much of South Beach attractions. All-in-all we had an excellent time in Miami - but that was down to our holiday spirit, not the hotel accommodation! The hotel staff, though, were all very helpful, especially Carlos and the bar guys. OK if you get a good price, otherwise, keep looking .....

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank tpbel

Dear TPBEL,
I would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel for your holidays. From your comments I can see that you felt our staff members were accommodating and pleasant, and this is what we want all of our guests to experience from all our employees. As to your accommodations, perhaps your travel agency may have missed clarifying certain things, and for this we apologize. Although you stayed with us during a record-breaking cold winter snap, and our staff provided heaters and blankets, I can see how this was unexpected, and hope that our weather was not the bookmark of your stay. We do get plenty of comments about our Happy Hour, and those guys at the bar really know how to keep the good times going. As to the pricing of our spirits, they are in line with all other liquor selling venues in the area. However, your comments are important to us, and I hope that South Beach and the Dorchester family may welcome you once more on your next visit to S. Florida.

Reviewed 29 January 2010

Initial quote: $99.00 for room from reservations - not another word about parking etc.

Parking: $ 26.75
taxes et: $ 16.75 ( not hotel's fault)
Total: $ 141.50
mischarged:$ 23.60 (waiting to see if they resolve)
Total Total: $ 165.10

Then I get hit with a $23.60 charge for something I supposedly ate from mini bar (which to be honest I never saw and based upon age of hotel and room, wouldn't have ever eaten anything there). SO for a room that reservations said was $99.00 I end up being charged $165.10 which I believe I could have stayed at a lot nicer place.

Everyone was nice, we will see if the billing issue gets resolved? but all in all just make sure you ask about all charges or there may be some surprises. PS a mixed drink was $14.00 at hotel bar? Probably says a lot about my sophistication... a lousy $14.00 probably more things in life to complain about.... upset me about seeing a charge on CC after I leave though so beware.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank tek0925
jvalera, Asst. General Manager at Dorchester Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2010

On behalf of the entire staff at the Dorchester Hotel, we would like to thank you for your comments. We are glad you felt you got a great rate on the room, and we apologize for the fact that nothing was mentioned about our parking options when you booked the room. Pleanty of guests visiting from other parts of Florida or the US, sometimes are shocked to find that in Miami Beach as well as in Downtown Miami, there is no free parking for hotel guests. The Dorchester is one of the few hotels in Miami Beach with onsite self-parking, and we find our rate of $25.00 to be competitive and fair, as our guests have the convenience to use in an out self-aprking, versus having to wait for valet parking as in other hotels, and at higher rates. As to the minibar issue, we would like to apologize, and advise that in February we have a new minibar company servicing our guests. In tek0925's case, we have refunded the minibar charges. We would like to let all our future guests know that their comments are extremely important to us, and help us construct a better service philosophy. Thank you.

Reviewed 13 January 2010

We were there after Christmas and before New Year. Booked the room because of the reviews in TA. Reservation guy was very nice and upgraded us to junior siute. He reassured me that I woud be in the hotel part which was newly renovated. Few days before the trip, I called to ask whether there will be a coffee maker in the room. The staff said no, not in that particular room. She said that she would move me to the one with coffee maker. When I checked in, we were put in the apartment behind the hotel, which I did not mind since there was a separate sitting room. The stay was 3 nights. The worst part was the shower, no pressure, just trickled. I was not going to write this review because there was nothing outstanding to write about. However, when I received my CC statement yesterday, I saw that they added another small charge to the my CC. I called the hotel up and she told me that it was for the mini bar. I told her that I did not get anything out of there. There was no need because there is a fridge in the unit and stores all over Miami that we can buy from. Watch your CC bill. There was a review several posts down that mentioned something about being charged for mini bar items after the checkout.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ggg5312
Reviewed 13 January 2010

Ok.......here is a quick review of the Dorchester Suites. The service people there are great, friendly, helpful and nice. The rooms are a bit 'tired' and appeared a little dirty with a faint musty smell........not terrible, and certainly tolerable.

Our big issue with the hotel was a heating issue. We stayed in the hotel during a cold snap in Miami. While our room therostate said '80 degrees', the room kept getting colder and colder. I finally called the front desk and they said my room had no heat, and they would send up a space heater. It arrived quickly, but was inadequate for the job. By the morning the temp in the room was down to 56 degrees.

Other than that, the rooms are spacious.....but the darn thing needs a makeover. I paid 179 for a night (add however 25 bucks for parking, and about another 20 or so in taxes). Overall, a great rate for the area and a great rate for the time of year.

I am sure in time my frostbite will go away.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
jvalera, Asst. General Manager at Dorchester Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2010

Miami just saw a record-breaking cold snap, one that the magic city has not seen since the early 1920's, this took a lot of us by surprise. We apologize for the fact that we were not able to provide other heating options. Although our main building has 100 redone rooms, our larger apartment suites are the next ones in line to receive a full makeover. Even though many of our guests enjoy the spacious apartments, we can see how this cold weather may have worsened things for you, and we want you to know that it matters to us when we are not able to deliver the service expected by our guests, even when Mother Nature plays a tough hand, needless to say. I will have you know that in the latter part of 2010 our apartment suites will undergo a large scale reformation, and I hope I can invite back to try our new product. Thank you for your comments and for letting us know how we can improve for future guests.