“Great Atmosphere”

Bikini Hostel, Cafe & Beer Garden
Reviewed 28 June 2014

If you are looking to meet people, have fun and enjoy a great atmosphere bikini hostel is the place for you. They offer all the amenities you need , the staff are helpful and there is always something being organised with the guests in mind. This place has the cheapest beds in town so don't expect a five star experience. It is simple but clean. We chose the right place for us.

Room Tip: Remember this is Miami so if you book the 9 bedroom there is going to be a lot of people in one spac...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hariata T

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Super nice service was awesome and very sweet! Very chill area everyone was really cool safe area close to everything like Lincoln road blocks from the beach and bay. Really nice layout everything was super clean too. It was def a great stay!!! :)

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 16 June 2014

In about 20 years of traveling I can't remember ever being as mistreated as I felt at this hostel and most of it for such foolish reasons. I checked into a dorm to be joined shortly after by a scary guy who would swear and threatened me horribly if I dared touching the AC. This abuse took place every day (I stayed 2 weeks) so it was noticed by the cleaning staff. I was advised to inform the front desk. Instead of getting any support there, they came to our dorm and told us both we'd have to leave if that went on, why me though?!! I decided to check the other hostel down the street the next day but I asked to use the luggage storage which I was offered by front desk. When picking up my luggage though, this time I was informed that I had to pay for the storage when it had been offered to me for free for a day. And the worse was when I thought of giving it another chance a week later and was informed I wasn't welcome anymore. I tried talking to the manager but she put me on hold forever and then hanged up on me, never bothering to offer any explanation as to why I was not welcome. For real??? That manager needs help, she doesn't understand she's there to provide hospitality instead of acting like a prison warden. Finally when I shared my experience on this on their Facebook page I was blocked from any further comments or posts. So not a big fan of this bikini...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank JosAJangala
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This place is dirty. Looks NOTHING like the pictures posted on the website. The rooms are tiny and cramped. The tv in our room didn't work and the front door to our bedroom didn't lock. The place has a nice location though, and there is a free bus stop right across the street. The staff was not that friendly. If you just need a place to crash, this place will do. However, it was not very nice, clean, or comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank ambaye1
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I am staying in Bikini Hostel for already 2 weeks and it is awesome especially staff. When I came here without booking a bed before they helped me out and even let me use a shower and locker room before check-in time. Within these 2 weeks I met a lot of crazy and cool people from all over the world - Europe, Asia, South America and of course from North America as well.

It is possible to change towels for beach and shower whenever you want and beer garden and reception is opened 24-7, so whenever you would like to buy some food or drinks it's possible. There is a shop really close by and public transportation. Everything is pretty close to this hostel - beach, main street, shops, restaurants etc.

I really enjoyed staying in Bikini Hostel and I can recommend it because of staff, atmosphere and people visiting it!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Arrived to be greeted by lively and super friendly staff and handed a beer...what more could you ask for?! Rooms are big and spacious, beds are decent and sturdy (no creaking as soon as the person below you moves=always good). There are always people out in the common area so whether you are drinking or just chillin its perfect. Would highly recommend this place :)

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I've visited so many hostels recently all over the Americas... but this one is really good!
Staff is so friendly and helpful, and the hostel itself is nice and has many facilities: bar, restaurant, a small "shop" at the reception, jacuzzi, billiard table... outside there are tables so that you can eat together what you've cooked or ordered at the restaurant. It's a great hostel with a great atmosphere... can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo