“Happy”

Bikini Hostel, Cafe & Beer Garden
“Happy”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

It's good hostel, service no problem, activity : pool, jacuzzi nice and etc.
International many people happy for discuss. Go to beach for 10-15 minutes to work, it's pratique many boutique near.
I am not problem
Vanessa Duboux

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
La Plata, Argentina
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The Bikini Hostel is a very friendly atmosphere hostel. The rooms are clean and have good space. The bathrooms are renewed, and are clean as well.
They have just opened a bar in the front , the guy and teh waitress at the bar are very nice . You can get snacks in the evening and some good seleccion of beers and alcochol drinks.
Also on Saturdays you can get a barbacue , larry is the cooker and very friendly.
I recommend this hostel , ive been a couple of times and really enjoy.

Room Tip: Rooms are all nice, but the ones on the Patio have Wifi, the others dont get wifi signal.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

It's difficult to know how to rate this hostel as it had both good and bad sides. The good - the staff are really pleasant and helpful, there are lots of things to do like play pool, hot tub, on site bar etc which makes it a really nice atmosphere to meet new people. However.. it is not near the beach as advertised, its a good 20 minute walk which isnt the end of the world but this should be made clearer.. and the rooms were pretty disgusting. We were in a 4 bed mixed dorm, when we arrived into our room which shouldve had 2 other people in, there were 3 people sleeping in there, leaving only 1 bed for 2 of us, we went to reception to tell them and they told us just to kick someone out ourselves, this made us feel really uncomfortable, why should we kick someone out thats paid for the room? would we be the ones getting kicked out the next night? the hotel staff then did come up and help us move someone, but only after we d asked 3 times, and they looked as though they couldnt really be bothered. The room was so small you had to put all your stuff under the bunks which made it annoying as a girl to get ready in the morning. At the time it didnt really bother us that much as we werent expecting luxury and arent too fussy, however the hostel was quite expensive compared to others, and given that we were travelling and this was one of our first stops, after staying at numerous other hostels after this one, we were given much better quality for our money which made this one look even worse looking back. Other dorms we went in had sinks in, mirrors, tv's , loads of room for bags and things, dressing tables and wardrobes to hang up clothes etc, this hostel offered nothing of the kind. If you just want to stay here as a bed, and spend all day at the beach/out and night clubbing then id say this is definitely worth a stay, but if you like to be a little more comfortable, id spend your money elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Bunbury, Australia
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Hostel is well located and on the surface meets every budget traveller's requirements. However. main issue we had during stay was that our "Twin Room with private ensuite" was actually a tiny room with bunk bed and the bathroom next door (the so called private ensuite) which we shared with 9 other people in a dorm room wasnt actually connected to our room. When queried with the front desk, response was "a lot of people have that issue with the room, we really should change the website". We were then offered a larger room with private ensuite for a much higher cost. Basically it is false advertising and something should be done to ensure this doesn't continue as reading other reviews, this appears to be a similar theme. Many other travellers also complained that their booking were incorrect and staff would take an extraordinary amount of time to fix the issue. I am not sure how much training the staff have but service was very poor and their booking system appears inadequate. Other issue was room was very hot, but air-conditioner was so loud, I had to sleep with tissues in ears and noise cancelling headphones. You had to choose the lesser of two evils (sweating or deafness) to try and get some sleep.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Patrick O
Fortaleza, CE
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Most of the staff are friendly.
I just had a problem with my reservation, because I booked a private room and when I got in there they wanted me to stay in a "private room" inside a shared room.
To make a long history short, I had to change my room three times during my stay (5 days).
Despite of that situation, I still recomend that place.

Room Tip: If you're gonna chose a private room, make sure that it's really private, because some of th...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I never write reviews, but in this case I was ripped off and treated so unfairly that I hope to spare others the same experience.

First of all, the staff is 'overworked', very rude and incompetent. They gave me hardly any information on my arrival, messed up my booking, then overcharged me and were extremely rude when I later complained.

When I called to complain about being overcharged for my stay the first time, I was put on hold for over 10 minutes, and when I called again I got a snippy response from the lady at reception, who said she was too busy and that I should send another email. None of my 3 attempts at emailing them got a response of course, so when I called the next day I was immediately put on hold for 5 minutes. Then got told (by the exact girl who had messed up my order) that I was wrong. Only when I insisted and reminded her of the events did she slowly give in and agree to a refund. Whether I will receive this is very doubtful.

The dorm I stayed in wasn't very pleasant, quite smelly and hard to relax in since people staying in other rooms have to walk through there to get to theirs - a very odd layout. The locks of the doors are extremely noisy and will wake you up every time someone comes in or out of the room. The wifi also won't reach into the rooms so you have to hang out at reception or in the patio to use it.

In addition, I would ignore MANY of the high ratings on here since the girls at reception offer people a discount for rating them 5* on these websites. They should work on improving their hostel instead of bribing people to give them high ratings.

Overall, I was very unhappy with my stay and would definitely NOT recommend to anyone I know.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank AmbraColette
Brasília, Distrito Federal, Brazil
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Very nice hostel. The staff is very helpful, the location is good, and the atmosphere is great. I just didn't like the bedroom because the beds are old and uncomfortable, but if you just have a few nights in miami It's a good option.

• Stayed June 2014