“Amazing”

Bikini Hostel, Cafe & Beer Garden
“Amazing”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

I was very pleased when I saw happy, young, friendly staff greeting me. Room was very clean and house keeping was right on hand. Very close to everything I needed . Beach was like 10 min walk. The best thing was the bar that was open very late and also served dinner. Overal I was very happy that I stayed there. Will recommend it to all my friend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Ok for a short stay didnt know what to expect. there were Lots of 21 year olds running around. I stayed in a 4 bed mixed dorm the rooms are small and the bunk beds were fragile. The doors were only protected by a code which anyone can possibly get there hands on. I kept my valuables with friends who were staying nearby as I had seen the reviews of this hostel before staying. The general atmosphere was vibrant they had a hot tub outside and a little bar area. If your staying just for a few nights then its not too bad good value for money.

Room Tip: get bottom bunk in dorm.
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Where do I begin? Having never stayed at a hostel before I was very apprehensive as to what it would be like. This place had good reviews so seemed a smart choice.

Check in went relatively smoothly and we were assigned a 9 bed mixed dorm room. What we should have been advised was that mixed dorms were generally given to the men meaning that out of the 9 beds, we were the only 2 girls.

When we returned to the hostel later that evening we found that our bags had been moved from our beds and replaced with someone else's bags. Believing that the other guests had been rearranging their own things, we got into the beds anyway.

However, at 2am we were rudely awakened by 2 men who told us we had been double booked into the same room and these were in fact their beds. At the front desk we told the receptionist the situation. He seemed very reluctant to help us, asking whether we'd like another room or not....did he expect us to sleep on the floor?! We were assigned to a female 6 bed dorm where there was only one bed available. They had also neglected to give us pillows, meaning there were 2 people in one single bed using towels as pillows.

In the morning the continental breakfast constituted warm curdled milk with stale cereal....yummy! When we complained about our experience, the staff seemed disinterested and were not willing to provide any refunds or compensation.

It's safe to say that my hostel experience has been ruined and won't be looking into any again in the near future. At least it was only the one night!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Althea S
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Pros: 24 hour reception, average staff, free breakfast.
Cons: Very drab looking. There wasn't much of a friendly atmosphere - It just didn't feel like a hostel; the management didn't seem to make much of an effort to help the guests, they just checked me in and that was that.

1 Thank Alexcjones
Catania
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I only stayed one night but was very impressed.....All the usual things like bed and lockers were fine and the overall cleanliness of bathrooms was above average....what set the place apart was the fantastic outside bar n party area...there was a free bar b que the night i was there followed by an awesome party vibe....I went to bed at 10 yet slept right thru without any interuptions in a 6 bed dorm which is unusual......Overall its a place for the young but even an over 40 yo can have a great stay here....I would definitely go back next time I fly from Miami....

Atherstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights with friends and the hostel was in a good location, the staff were friendly. However the room wasn't as clean as I expected, I have been to much cleaner hostels. My friend had to ask for new sheets because hers were dirty and then the new sheets were dirty aswell. It's a very lively hostel I would only recommend to people who are looking for a party holiday. The hostel did have a jacuzzi and a pool which was good, they were kept clean.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2014

It's good hostel, service no problem, activity : pool, jacuzzi nice and etc.
International many people happy for discuss. Go to beach for 10-15 minutes to work, it's pratique many boutique near.
I am not problem