“Awesome”
Review of Ocean Spray Hotel

Ocean Spray Hotel
Ranked #188 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my family enjoyed this hotel. We had a blast. Everyone was so nice even the staff. I recommend this hotel to everyone. All I can say is that the front desk people were awesome especially Rosa. She stayed busy doing everything and she made sure that my visit was great. Also this hotel was an excellent experience compared to some of the other hotels with rude staff. I'm ready to visit again. I hated to leave. Thanks so much.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Heather W
There are newer reviews for Ocean Spray Hotel

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We called hotels.com while we were headed down to Miami I have used them before but the last 2 hotels I was recommended by them were really gross. We didn't want to pay more than $150.00 they suggested Ocean Spray Hotel on Collins Ave $135.00 a night. I thought that would be great because I am familiar with Collins Ave, we finally get there and out front is construction we didnt know where to pull in to get to the hotel, so we went around the block again pulled around the construction zone pulled over and my husband jumped out ran into the hotel to see what to do. He pops his head out the door and said the guy behind the desk was a real jerk. There was no parking or valet so I waited in the car while he checked in. The desk clerk said we could leave the car there while we get our luggage out, as we entered into the I felt like I stepped back into the 60's and not in a good way. Went to the second floor found our room and the door wouldn't open so my husband had to go back downstairs and have the very unfriendly man actually have to show us how to open the door because it gets stuck. When we entered I could feel the spirits of "the Rat Pack" it was that old. I could see the people in the next building from the window and mean time we needed to get back down to the car to find a place to park which is near impossible we found public parking for $25.00 two blocks away by then we were happy to find that. All and all it was a horrible experience

Room Tip: Not sure there is a good room in this place
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lolalaaa
Reviewed 6 June 2014

i found the Ocean Spray Beach Hotel online through cheaphotel.com.
i began reading the following reviews and then review the prices of the others further down on South Beach. i took a chance on this hotel, i must say if your a person that loves the peace, relaxation, reasonable price and feels like you own a private beach in walking distance, with friendly staff. then this is the place for you. i loved it. no regrets. it was simple, comfy, and easy to find. also a great location to the beach and can catch multiple buses to where you want to go. reasonable price means you can save more money to do more other things. i give it two thumbs up.

Room Tip: first, go to cheaphotel.com and purchase it within 3weeks before coming. you don't need a pool...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Vevey S
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Great cafe and diner not far. Hot spots 3-5 blocks away. Tour office closes at four. Bus stops close by. We were on the fifth floor. The rooms looked clean. Bedding looked clean& new. There was a tv and a radio In each room. Beach is a short walk. The receptionist gave us the wrong room number. Either she is dyslexic or inept. Decent basic assistance but they didn't go out of their way to be social or helpful. Free wifi on ground floor. Old public computer available for free but too slow. Very nice patio with tables, chairs and big red umbrellas with the subway icon. Wifi free outside too. This hotel is great for vacationers who just want a room to sleep in. Vacationers who spend the day at the beach, Their nights out and just need a place to crash at night and take a decent shower in the morning. There is no pool or any reason to stay by the hotel unless you are just relaxing or having a sandwich. They do not have a ramp but they do have a lift for the disabled. But they do not offer it for luggage. So you have to carry your luggage up, one by one. They do have a water cooler in the lobby. That was nice. The lobby looked clean but the furniture was old, warn and needs replacing. Good rule of thumb, if the couches are ripped up, replace them. They do allow you to leave your luggage in the lobby by the desk or in the lift, but its not their fault if it rolls away. If They could install a cage or something for luggage storage with a lock, that would be a big plus. Due to allergies, when we booked we asked for a feather free room and asked if they could do a good cleaning due to my dust allergies. The room I stayed in seamed fresh. The other room seemed a bit stale and needed a good airing out. This is not a luxury hotel. There is no feathered bedding, no breakfast unless you count the subway and no thrills. The subway was great. Clean and fresh. Great customer service! Remember to bring subway coupons! Cafe not too far. Pricy but good. Ample seating outside. Dinner a walk or bus ride away. Good food, decent service. There are other hotels around with restaurants in them. There was no bad subway smell or loud noises from the other rooms. There are few sights and nothing to do but shop, walk around or go to the beach. There are no chain stores or malls near by. Overall it's good for singles and young families who are active and don't need or expect much from their hotel. My friends and I just needed a hotel for one night and were able to pay $50 a night. For us it was a fine choice.

Room Tip: There was construction going on behind the hotel when we stayed.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mistyfan69
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Avoid the highest floor- too loud (aircon)
Good rooms and bathrooms, old building with dirty window frames (windows were clean, though), just one block from famous Miami Beach (and a nice hotel bar/restaurant across the street)
Parking is a nightmare during the day (metered everywhere) so avoid bringing a car, even late it's hard to find parking
There are some small places to get food and two or three restaurants close by

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The title says it all but while in Miami the other day the ocean spray tried to charge my credit card but I change the card numbers every 6 months. What happened is new managment would not allow me to drop my name and hold the room for me in good faith as old managment has done. So I called and let them know I would not be staying with them 14 days in adavance. The night I was in Miami the ocean spray called me to let me know they wanted to charge my account for not showing up and asked to give me my new number to charge me. SHAKEY!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank svencat
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Needed a place to stay last minute while in Miami Beach. Most hotels on hotels.com & other sites have hidden charges & multiple taxes. I'm not cheap but don't like trickery. I came across Ocean Spray Beach Hotel. I've stayed in Miami Beach many times, and I know unless it's 5 Star, most small hotels aren't worth it. Ocean Spray is in North Miami Beach (41st & Collins) Nice beach here and only about $10-$12 cab to South Beach. The hotel has been renovated. Staff was pleasant. The bed was (I think a memory foam) if not it was delightfully comfortable! I found room to be clean and ideal for my unexpected stay. The lobby hosts a Subway Sandwich shop in case you get hungry. I'd come back to the Ocean Spray Beach Hotel :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo