“Staff is nice, pretty location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Brownes & Co.
miami, florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Staff is nice, pretty location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

I decided to write this review AGAINST those who are writting because they saw the salon on TV but have never visited. That isn't fair. The ladies who work there are very nice and don't deserve your negativity.
I purchased a mani/pedi through a groupon site. At the time of my purchase and visit I had no idea this salon had been featured on Tabitha's Salon show.
Upon arrival, I was offered coffee, wine, water, juice. There are numerous high-quality polish colors to choose from. The salon is very clean and bright. The place is very, very pretty and has been decorated in a relaxing manner.
An older lady was my manicurist. She was so sweet and did a great job on my nails. She cleaned the tub for my feet before sticking my feet in there (very, very important to me). Remember I said I had no idea this salon was featured? During my entire time there I noticed a lady with an accent at the register. Something just seemed "off" with her. I could tell she was really trying to be nice but it wasn't genuine. I made a comment to my technician and she confirmed she was the owner. As much as she was trying to be nice, she was extremely condescending with the staff. It all seemed very strange to me BUT it did not in any way interfere with my wonderful experience there. I haven't gone back only because it's a little far from me.
A few months later I was flipping channels and saw the owner talking on TV. It caught my attention so I watched the rest of the Tabitha episode. I saw all the ladies on there and then it all made sense.
All in all I had a great experience. Yes, the owner is condescending but it did not interfere with me. She was trying very hard to be nice. I had a wonderful experience. The ladies that work there must need the job or they'd go somewhere else. I think if you're in the area you should definitely go there. The manicure/pedicure were done very well. They use high quality polishes, not the dollar store ones other places use, it's very clean, and the ladies are nice. Please don't hold the witch against those nice ladies.

Visited November 2010
10 Thank pickytraveler075

Dallas, tx
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Great Spa in Maimi Beach!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2008

For a girls weekend in Miami, this was a great little spa for us. It's on the second floor of a retail beauty store. The spa / salon has wooden floors, a big open area for the mani / pedis and salon portion and a separate quiet section for the massages and facial treatments. It smelled good and they had apples to eat and would get you whatever you wanted to drink. The restrooms had wonderful smelling hand soap and lotion to use. It was also a yoga studio although we did not take any classes.

Two of my friends had massages, one had the hot stone, the other just a regular massage. The one that got the hot stone said it was the best massage she had ever gotten! I had the spa pedicure and it was absolutely wonderful. It took about an hour starting with a soak, massage of my lower legs and feet, lotion with hot towels, oil with hot towels, then the pedicure. Awesome - my feet never felt so relaxed. The staff was nice, we were there on a busy Saturday so they were a bit flustered at check out but overall very good service. Bring cash for the tips, you can't add the tip onto the bill (not sure why).

We would definately go back!

5 Thank busyDsweetness