I have stayed at "The Standard Miami" several times and it is truly an oasis in South Beach. My only reluctance in writing this review is that others will find it and spoil the secret. The Standard is truly a secret, one which reveals itself to you in layers, much like a fine piece of art or a classic bottle of wine. First there is the nondescript facade of the property which is unassuming, in fact you might pass by it, but once you find it, you will you be greeted by a private and secluded entry by some of Miami's friendliest and attentive valet and bell staff. This as you will learn is a foundational theme of the property - friendly and attentive.
As you enter the lobby, you may find yourself having to adjust to the minimalist nature of the lobby and lounge areas. Again another secret revealed, The Standard is not pretentious or overbearing, it lets you be you and unlike many other properties in South Beach (many of which I have stayed at) this property feels like home - like your home from the moment you arrive.
As you traverse the double glass doors to the back yard, you are quickly surrounded by tropical fauna that reminds you of a jungle island, miles from anything. Continue to walk and find your room or checkout the pool and awesome views of the bay or Miami's city skyline and cruise ships. By the way the pool is open 24 hours a day...another well kept secret.
If you have a "wet" room you have access to a secluded outdoor tube where you can take long baths with your significant other - or just melt away the hours listening to your tunes on your iPod. I could go on and on, but it would take a novel - the Spa is unbelievable, the gym is top notch for a hotel gym and the food is great. If you really want to go some place that is sexy, erotic and allows you to forget your life this is the place. On second thought, strike that this is too good a place to share...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on tiny Belle Isle in Biscayne Bay, The Standard, Miami is an indoor and outdoor hydrotherapy playground that fosters stress-free socializing in a tropical, contemporary setting. With a minimalist design, the holistic hydrotherapy spa hotel provides a stylish yet intimate ambience just blocks from the glitz of South Beach's nightlife and celebrity crowd. Owned by hotelier Andre Balazs, the hotel, winner of Conde Nast Traveler's Readers' Favorite Spa Hotel award, features a one-acre garden with do-it-yourself hydrotherapy-based scrubs, plunges, open-air mud baths, and stunning amenities that include a 103° F Roman Waterfall Hot Tub, a 50° F Arctic Plunge, and a 12-foot Falling Water Column. The 12,500-square-foot spa boasts one of the largest hammams in North America, in addition to an exceptional treatment menu of bodywork, massage, facials, and complementary health alternatives. More than 40 fitness classes are available weekly (including eight types of yoga), and the hotel's restaurants offer healthful Mediterranean coastal cuisine and al fresco dining. The modest guest capacity (a mere 100 rooms) complements the hotel's communal setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Standard, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard Miami Hotel Miami Beach
- Standard Miami Beach
- Standard Miami Hotel Beach
- Standard Hotel Miami Beach
- The Standard, Miami Miami Beach, Florida