“Home away from home!”

Ranked #10 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Home away from home!”
Reviewed 11 February 2013

This is one of our favorite hotels in the world. My husband and I travel a whole lot and The Standard has this laid back styles while at the same time being SO cool. After visiting it a couple of times, we now know the staff and they could not be more helpful. Alex Lindao who works at the door is just an adorable guy. Just ask for him when you go there. He makes things happen, all with a smile. We are fans! And for the ladies, the scrubbing which costs only $14 at the spa is to die for.

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Nice place away from the strip
Great bar overlooking the bay
Chilled out staff remind me of my stay in Fiji
So laid back and pretty cool too
Staff friendly and obviously cool
and helpful concierge knows his stuff
Ill be back to chill out soon

• Stayed January 2013
San Juan
Reviewed 31 January 2013

My good massage was 1) not worth the $$$ nor 2) worth the poor customer service me and my partner received throughout the facility; from the spa to the pool to the staff.
The spa was in my opinion, rather gross and dirty. I have been to many spas in the US and this was the most unsanitary. When one pays $$$ for a spa day one expects a certain level of luxury and relaxation, neither of which we received. I do not recommend this hotel or spa and am waiting for the manager to respond to my 3 page letter. Im sure you could find just as good massage on groupon.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
ISMiami, General Manager at The Standard, Miami, responded to this review, 15 February 2013
Dear Prlsle,
I am truly disappointed to learn about your recent experience when visiting us. I would like to learn more so we may address all your concerns about your perspective of the Spa and our services. Please email aperez@standardhotel.com so we may come up with a solution together.
Miami, FL
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I can't afford an out of town vacation, so my friends and I like to spend the day at The Standard to get away from it all :) Sometimes we do a yoga class or get a mani/pedi and have lunch outside by the water. The Standard isn't just for tourists! If you go you MUST HAVE one of the new Pop Nature popsicles on the menu. I had a tequila lime watermelon pop -- totally unexpectedly delicious! My friend had pineapple with fresh ginger. Yummy!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 30 January 2013 via mobile

Those looking for a hotel on the famed Ocean Drive, amidst all of the chaos - this is not your place. The Standard is located on the quiet bay side of South Beach on the Venetial Causeway (a collection of small islands lined with exclusive homes.

Luckily, South Beach isn't too big and famed Lincoln Drive is a short walk. It's an even shorter bike ride (although the hotel rents bikes, I suggest the Deco Bike bike share).

Upon arrival we were greeted by a bell hop and then a front desk associate. These two employees set the bar very high (they greeted me by first name for our entire stay!) but as we learned, the entire staff at the Standard was fun, genuine, and warm.

If you prefer large rooms with dozens of amenities, please rethink your reservation here. The rooms are not the selling feature to the hotel. As a matter of fact, the hotel stresses that (they cover the TVs so you are dissuaded from staying in) and encourages guests to play outside! With that said, the rooms are clean and the bed very comfortable. Rooms are quiet and have a nice shower.

People come to the Standard Miami for the pool and the spa. We've been to the spa here before (highly recommended), but do to our short stay we stuck to the pool this time. The pool is a very special blend of "miami scene" and quiet relaxation. Laden with jetsetters, the pool is an oasis of cool and calm all in one.

I'm retuning to the Standard to celebrate my birthday / that's how much I enjoyed this place.

Do no stay here if you're not a fan of boutique hotels that stress vibe over ammenities. Not a good place for families either. I also wouldn't recommend this place to those looking to party all night on Ocean Drive.

The Standard, with its fantastic staff, hidden gem location, and chic pool, has my vote and another stay already in the works!

• Stayed January 2013
Charleston S.C.
Reviewed 28 January 2013

The spa and the pool were great. The room itself was very nice. My problem started when we arrived. We arrived around 1:30 PM and the room was not ready. (I had paid in full for the room 30 days prior to check in so they had plenty of time to get ready for us). They were nice enough to let us use the facilities while we waited. (all was good). We checked back around 3:00 and still not ready. (no problem) We came back at 4:00 and still not ready. (I can understand) so since we were exhausted from travelling and being in the spa all day we sat by the check in desk awaiting our room. At 4:40 I had had enough and went to complain. The front desk lady cut my complaints short by informing me my room was ready. This room was beside the ice maker, "high power" generator room and laundry room. We were so tired that we were happy to get anything at this time. All night I kept hearing carts go by. These carts make a very loud noise. The sound is very similar to train's "clikety clack" because the wheels of the carts hit the cracks of the 12 inch block sidewalk. Every crack makes a sound. These carts it turned out travel from the kitchen which is way up front and back to some other area way in the back which has to pass by our room. Well we went to bed around 10:00 PM and about every 10 minutes or just when you are about to fall asleep the cart would pass our room and wake us up. I figured that they would stop any minute and around midnight fell asleep. At 5:00 AM I was awaken to, sure enough, a cart going down the track. Then another one in about 15 minutes and so on all day. Later that day we tried to take a nap because we were so exhausted from not sleeping however the laundry "party room" next door was going strong. That is when I phoned to change rooms and was informed that that was not an option. That night once again there was no sleeping. The carts continued relentlessly. It seems that the kitchen must not have a dishwasher so the carts are going from the front to the back with dishes however I saw everything moving on those carts from salt pepper shakers, vacuum cleaners, laundry, ice, food and everything in between. My advice would be not to stay on the right side garden area. The best advice that I can give is to buy a day pass which is only $75 weekday and $125 weekend and stay somewhere that offers peace and quiet. (If however they were to rubberize or put carpet down on the train track, that would probably remedy the problem). (Oh, and did I mention that most of the cart wheels make a loud squeeking noise as they rolled down the track)? Some oil on those wheels would help too.

Room Tip: Don't get a garden room on the right side of the building
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChasnRich
ISMiami, General Manager at The Standard, Miami, responded to this review, 1 February 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay at The Standard. I am saddened to hear that your stay was less than relaxing and that carts kept you up all nights. We are taking internal measures to look over our entire inventory and make sure our carts are as silent as possible. I promise your next visit will exceed your expectations and we hope you will give us another try. Please email my office at aperez@standardhotel.com to discuss further. We look forward to hearing from you.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 January 2013

It was a pefect five day getaway to recharge batteries. Included 3 day detox program which I found very helpful combined with daiily yoga, massages, baths. All in all the atmosphere of total tranquillity. Loved the fact there were no clocks on property.Lost extra inches felt rejuvinated. great Spa staff! Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Room# 60 had a perfect location - afternoon sun complimented outdoor bathtime!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo