I spent the afternoon beginning with a facial at the spa, which I have to say was very relaxing. I am happy with the spa service although I cannot say the same for our mid-day meal.
The restaurant service was very poor. We had to ask for everything, from utensils, napkins, plates, condiments to pouring our own wine. The food arrived cold. It’s not because the restaurant was busy actually it was very quiet. And that should neither be a reason.
In addition, the line to submit our ticket to valet took over 30 minutes. The front desk assists check-ins, checkouts, including submitting your valet ticket! And only one employee is working at the front desk. The Standard hotel was under staffed especially for a Friday night.
Honestly the spa is very expensive, restaurant and valet. I spent over $300.00 and was not felt special. The Standard needs their clients and the employees should be more attentive to their clients. I will try out other spas and definitely not return to The Standard.
P.S. My friend felt the same and agrees with this review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on tiny Belle Isle in Biscayne Bay, The Standard, Miami is an indoor and outdoor hydrotherapy playground that fosters stress-free socializing in a tropical, contemporary setting. With a minimalist design, the holistic hydrotherapy spa hotel provides a stylish yet intimate ambience just blocks from the glitz of South Beach's nightlife and celebrity crowd. Owned by hotelier Andre Balazs, the hotel, winner of Conde Nast Traveler's Readers' Favorite Spa Hotel award, features a one-acre garden with do-it-yourself hydrotherapy-based scrubs, plunges, open-air mud baths, and stunning amenities that include a 103° F Roman Waterfall Hot Tub, a 50° F Arctic Plunge, and a 12-foot Falling Water Column. The 12,500-square-foot spa boasts one of the largest hammams in North America, in addition to an exceptional treatment menu of bodywork, massage, facials, and complementary health alternatives. More than 40 fitness classes are available weekly (including eight types of yoga), and the hotel's restaurants offer healthful Mediterranean coastal cuisine and al fresco dining. The modest guest capacity (a mere 100 rooms) complements the hotel's communal setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Standard, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard Miami Hotel Miami Beach
- Standard Miami Beach
- Standard Miami Hotel Beach
- Standard Hotel Miami Beach
- The Standard, Miami Miami Beach, Florida