“Perfect "staycation"”

The Standard, Miami
Ranked #10 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I live in Miami and booked this hotel as a surprise staycation with my boyfriend. It exceeded my expectations in every way. We didn't leave the hotel, enjoyed the spa, and ate every meal there. I have to say that the service is excellent. This is one of the few places in Miami where everyone is friendly. From the pool staff to Shane, our awesome bartender, to the wait staff in the restaurant and front desk, everyone was super friendly. I can't wait to go back!!!!

Room Tip: I preferred the second floor.
1  Thank strevisa

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Through work relationships I have had the fortunate chance of staying here at least once a year for the last seven years. This past weekend got a chance to finally be here for a personal stay (even though all my work trips here were made to be enjoyed at this property!), as well as to introduce my wife to the scene. So great to see so many of the same friendly faces year after year; the property is a vacation on its on right for being on vacation in Miami. I can, and have, and did, spend all day at the pool, alternating between ordering their specialty cocktails, taking a swim (or listening to the underwater speakers) in their ocean style pool, taking a dip in their 57F Plunge Pool (a quick sober up) or their Roman Bath fountain, and of course their delicious grill menu. Oh, may I add that it is 17 or older to be in the pool areal, so no crying babies or kids running around (not a parent yet)! the rooms are great for what they are, cabana style if you will - but its the environment that they create that keeps you out of the room and outdoors on site. I've said it over and over, this is my favorite hotel in my Miami.

Room Tip: get an outdoor soak tub!
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I love the Standard in South Beach! I have been "treating myself" for the past few years for my birthday, a perfect excuse to get down to the beach! The over all experience is so chill and calming! The room is clean and relaxing, the gardens are beautiful and sunset at the pool with a cocktail is amazing! I have to admit I love the "no kids" policy, it works for me :) The staff is nice and friendly. The spa is totally chill & the coed factor is very sexy! I'll be back in October for another relaxing weekend at the Standard South Beach :)

Room Tip: I like the king size rooms on the 2nd floor with the garden view the best!
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We had the best time staying here!! The property and rooms are very well maintained and beautiful. The setting is relaxed and quiet, away from more of the crazy club scene of South Beach. The staff was all wonderful and very friendly. Food and drink options were bountiful and very well executed. I would highly recommend the Standard to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Okay I love Miami and South Beach but the Standard gives you the best of both worlds. It's like a sanctuary from the craziness and crowds of South Beach....but SOBE is just a five minute walk away and downtown is an easy five minute drive. This was the first time I'd actually stayed at this hotel (even though it had been recommended to me many times). It will definitely not be my last.

I love the garden setting. I had one of the least expensive garden-level rooms and it was fabulous. It's a little on the small side but so are most of the historic hotels in Miami. And I had a great little patio with my two chairs and a wrap around curtain for privacy. The gardens are lovely -- lots of hidden areas and cool places to sit -- and the huge pool is gorgeous, right on Biscayne Bay. Most of the Miami Beach hotel pools are set back from the beach and have no view but this pool has an amazing view. I had just stayed at an expensive high-rise hotel on the beach and the pool was claustrophobic and the house music never stopped pumping. This was the opposite but it was still a Miami experience-- beautiful people, great style, fabulous amenities.

I participated in a yoga class and got the Sonic massage and a facial in the spa but didn't have enough time to enjoy the various amenities of the spa beyond that. I will definitely leave time for that next visit. Also next visit will be a meal at the Lido restaurant which has that same Biscayne Bay view. Gorgeous.

The staff were all wonderful from the valet to the front desk to the bellman who took time to give me a tour of the property. The spa staff were also amazing. I never got that feeling, like I sometimes get in other hotel spas, that they don't really care about giving you good service, they'll never see you again anyway. Everyone at the Standard spa treated me like I was a regular longterm client.

Can't recommend this hotel highly enough. Come here for a completely magical Miami experience.

Room Tip: I loved the garden level rooms with the small outdoor patio. Don't miss the sunrise yoga!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

I just returned from my 2nd stay at the Standard Hotel in Miami Beach
The hotel, the staff and the location makes you feel like you are on an amazing retreat, its a true vacation. The hotel itself is very clean, the common areas are wonderful, pool is super relaxing, outside bar very laid back chic, and the staff is so sweet and accommodating
especially Alex at the front desk. We first met Alex when he brought our bags to the room and he had such a warm smile. Then we met him down in the lobby many times after that and he was very nice and also very helpful. He gave us some wonderful tips.
also, Crispy was very helpful before i even checked in. We emailed back and forth a couple of times. We are planning another trip to Miami in September and will sure book the Standard for our stay. Our only complaint if i must give one is the restaurant. We really wish the menu had more options (for dinner).
We were here from June 12 to the 16, 2014

Room Tip: dont stay on the walkway to the pool -- too much action try to stay upstairs (2nd floor)
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed at the Standard this past week with a friend. The staff could not have been friendlier and more accommodating throughout our stay, including letting us use the pool and spa area/locker room after check out due to our evening flight departure. The amenities of the hotel including the pool, spa, fitness center and steam room were impressive and had a very relaxing vibe. My only complaint is the price of the juice shop - $14 for a small green juice, eek! Either way, will definitely be staying at the Standard Miami for all future trips down to Miami Beach.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends