The Standard, Miami
US$288
US$249
US$295
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$432
US$221
US$204
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)
US$316
US$307
  • Pool
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$286
US$252
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
US$298
US$471
US$432
Orbitz.com
1,919 results
All reviewsfire pitlido restaurantspa hotelcold plungeunderwater musicsunrise yogasteam roomsouth beachjuice baramazing spainfinity poolbiscayne bayoutdoor restaurantfavorite hotelgreat poolpool siderooms are small
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 December 2010

Although we did not stay at the hotel, we spent the day at the spa and thoroughly enjoyed it. Between lounging poolside, plunging in the ice cold plunge, playing in the waterfall hot tub and relaxing in the spa, we had a great day. It is very serene here and we were utterly relaxed. What a great day!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 December 2010

I went to have dinner at the restaurant and i used valet parking. When they bring back my car, my brand new car 2011 that i just had washed, was cover of mud....both side...door, mirror, everywhere. It look that they just did a rally in the mountain. Even my carpet inside was cover of MUD. Not only the driver side, but the passenger side too. Did they use my car to transport people? Who knows... When i complaint to the manager, she told me; Sorry about that, but nothing we can do about it. The parking is under renovation. What an answers. Still can't believe it. I was planning to go back there and recommend the place to my friends until i saw my car. Now, it's over with them. I rather go to a serious hotel on Collins ave in SoBE. This place is just a joke....They don't care about you, but your money...

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
bsoriano, Manager at The Standard, Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2010

Dear elnino26qc,

We hope you are having a great Holiday Season. We truly apologize for what you encountered with your brand new car. We assure you that this has been brought to our attention and we are trying to find a solution to rectify this problem. Please be assured that this is not a common occurrence and we hope that you will afford us the opportunity to visit us again! We would love to make this up to you and turn this experience around.

Reviewed 14 December 2010

We just returned from a long weekend at The Standard and, overall, liked it very much. We typically stay right in the heard of South Beach near all the restaurants, shops, and bars so this was a marked change--and I'm glad we tried it. We either grabbed cabs or walked to the action--it's about 10 minutes to the far end of the Lincoln Pedestrian walkway. One warning to first time guests: if you approach on foot, it's a little hard to find. The name "The Standard" is tucked under Lido Spa and we thought we had the wrong address! The whole place has a 60s, "old Florida" vibe--it's campy, but cool and comfortable. The pool really makes this place (though it's a hipster haven and crowded with a young, pretty set). And having access to the spa's hammam was a nice perk of the resort fee. (I usually get annoyed by the "resort fees" so many Miami hotels tack on, but this one felt warranted because the propery offered a lot.) I noticed that someone complained about thin walls, but we didn't hear anything. It was pretty quiet. Between the yoga, the gorgeous setting, and the spa, it exudes tranquility. I would definitely recommend this place, especially if you are a repeat visitor to Miami and looking for something a little different.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2010

We had been looking so forward to a long weekend away, and excited to try The Standard. We had asked ahead of time for an early check-in, and almost no matter where you travel, the answer is the same, "We will try!". With high hopes, we arrived at the hotel at 1:30, after a few hours of traveling, and looking forward to a little downtime before events that evening that started at 6:00. The front desk staff told us the room wasn't ready, but that we could use the spa, and they would call us as soon as it was. Fair enough - we were early! I headed off to the spa and my husband stayed in the lobby to work. The spa itself was really lovely, and I enjoyed it all. The pool was quite a scene on a Thursday afternoon, but also quite nice. Very young, hip, and semi-naked group hanging out poolside. I see why kids aren't allowed. Kind of a nice change. At 3:30 I went to check with my husband in the lobby, and still no room. I asked at the front desk, and was told "Any moment", so I sat down and waited. 4:00 rolls around, asked again. "Any moment! They are just cleaning your room!". By this time there are at least 5 other parties that haven't been able to check in, and some people are starting to get frustrated. At 4:30, I get the same answer. At 5:00 I explain that we have to be at Joe Allen (great restaurant!) for an early 6:00pm dinner before an event, that we are tired, that we wanted a nap, but at this point we just need to shower and get dressed. The front desk staff was all very friendly and nice - all young women - but it was really quite absurd. This is NOT a huge hotel. You could walk to the furthest room in two minutes and check what the status was. One guest asked if she could just get into a dirty room, because she was so tired of waiting. I really hate getting the run around. I'm sure that there are days when staff doesn't show up, people don't check out, whatever - but just be honest. Tell us that we can't get into a room for a few hours, give us some compensation, and don't make us sit in the lobby for three hours at the very start of our relaxing getaway. At 5:45 I was sufficiently annoyed, tired and now late, so I told them that we would not be staying with them. I changed my clothes in the lobby bathroom, and we took our suitcases with us to dinner. We ended up checking in somewhere else, and I'm so glad we did. If that was what the first three hours was like at the Standard, I'm glad I didn't spend three days there.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Becky2010
bsoriano, Manager at The Standard, Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2010

Dear Becky2010,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed The Standard Spa and public areas, namely the pool and our overall ambiance. I truly apologize for our inability to provide you with a room in a timely manner. It is dissapointing to learn that one of our guest did not receive the experience they deserve and expect..

I assure you it is not a reflection of our culture and we are working diligently to address these service shortcomings.

We hope you can provide with an opportunity to redeem ourselves during your next visit to South Beach.

Reviewed 7 December 2010

We spent a good part of a day at the Standard Spa at the hotel. It has a hunan that is fantastic. Alexandria did a coconut scrub on both of us and she is amazing. The pool is lovely overlooking the bay. We ate lunch on the outside terrace and the food was fantastic - best we had all week in South Beach. Definitely get the vegetable lasagna! The staff at the Spa were really nice and accommodating. Definitely do the outside mud bath - fantastic - overlooking the bay. We cannot wait to go back again. The only corrections we would add would be to have robes in the locker rooms (so you can get a dry one) and snack food in the spa - dried fruit, fresh fruit, cookies, tea, etc Yo have to go to the 1st floor to get an apple and the 3rd floor to get tea - it would be great to have a quiet sitting area with snacks to relax.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple