“At the Beach and Downtown at Same Time”
Review of Hotel Victor

Hotel Victor
Ranked #85 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Vienna, Austria
“At the Beach and Downtown at Same Time”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Great design, lovely rooms, nice little pool, and if you got a room at pool level, where you can walk directly INTO the pool, you will be happiest ever.
The hotel is directly in the heart of Deco District at the Ocean Drive where all the action is based. But when you enter the hotel the noise of all the parties are left behind. You can enjoy a little pool and look down at the ocean drive and ocean too.
This is a perfect stay if you want to sleep at night, even if you open your window.
We have been there with a little child, ist was perfect for her too. Unfortunately we had to move out couse we had the reservation for just three days (what we planned in advance). But we came back just after one night, because this the best place if you want to stay at south beach. And the very friendly receptionist Cree gave us even the same room at the pool level. So we enjoyed the rest of our stay in Miami Beach and never would go anyhwere else. Thanks to Hotel Victor, very nice staff, great restaurant, good breakfast buffet with all you need, from eggs every kind, sausages to juices and cereals if you want. Only the staff at the restaurant could be more polite - but located at Ocean Drive maybe this is not necessary.
Still to mention that the night we were out of the hotel we were invited to spend the time at the pool and having breakfast. Again thanks to the lovely staff at the front desk, Cree and her collegue.

Room Tip: View at the pool. best would be at pool level.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel and taking the time to write a review. It was great having you and your family here. I am glad that our associates made your stay a great and memorable one. I will be sure to share your review with them. We hope to see you on your next visit to South Beach.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Winter Park, Florida
Reviewed 17 April 2014

How I wish I could have stayed at the Hotel Victor. It looked like a really great hotel. Even after I arrived it looked like a really great place. However, even thought I booked my room well in advance of my stay, I was not chosen to stay there. I was walked to their "sister" property without an explanation and ended up in a adequate place however near an extremely loud, obnoxious bar. It was not the hotel I expected. I should have been more vocal in my disappointment, however I never had an experience like this in all my years of travel.

The staff at the "Sister" hotel ,the Breakwater, were very accommodating and nice giving us the most "quiet" room they had available to their credit.

I am still not sure what happened as an e-mail to the Hotel Victor about the situation has been ignored.

If you book this hotel, be advised you may not actually stay there actually stay there. If you are up to taking chances on your accommodations, then it is a go for you.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank annsouth
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for your review and feedback, it is important to us. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your visit with us. We have experienced an unfortunate situation that resulted in overbooking. While we were able to accommodate those affected at our sister property, we do understand your frustrations. Would you be so kind and reach out to me directly, I am very interested in speaking with you. cree@hotelvictorsouth.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I was planning a trip to Miami for Miami Music week and after researching several choices I decided to stay at the hotel Victor.(glad I did) The hotel is located in the heart of Ocean Drive and walking distance from all the best restaurants and clubs. I arrived early for check in and the front desk was very accommodidatng and had our room ready within minutes. The room was modern and clean. The beds were also very comfortable. Some nice additions we noticed is the complimentary wifi, breakfast and water bottles in the room. These additions made the stay that much better.
I strongly recommend you stay at the hotel victor.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, it was great having you here with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This hotel is quite deceiving because it is so nicely designed. Walking in and looking around, you get the felling that his hotel is going to be wonderful. Initial impressions unfortunately disappear once you start looking closer at the cleanliness of the rooms, interact with the staff, have breakfast or try to rest in your room.
The rooms are beautifully designed but are not clean. The carpets are stained badly and there is quite a bit of dirt on the floors and in fact everywhere you look. The hallways which by the way have the wrong signs for directions to your room number are nicely designed but are not clean.
There is no concierge. Despite calling frequently and getting vm, leaving a message and stopping by at the front desk - after 4 days, I finally realized that there is no concierge. The staff at the front desk tries to cover but they couch their terms in,”I imagine" or "it is probably" - in fact, they don’t know and they are guessing about when thing open, close start or stop. They have no answers - you might as well guess yourself. If you want/need a reservation, they glance at the computers in the lobby and suggest you try online.
Breakfast is fine if you like cereal and it is completely self-service -no one will lift a finger to do anything - want milk with coffee? bring it yourself. The same for the beach - every hotel on the avenue has a section for their own beach chairs and umbrellas - the Victor does not.
Finally, the noise is absurd - the windows rattle from the booming music and there is no possible way to relax even with ear plugs and headphones. There is no escaping it.
If that’s what you want in SB and want a prime location on the street, you will like it.

Room Tip: chose a room in another hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank RR22RR
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback and observations it is important to us. Please accept my apology for your experience during your stay with us. I am disappointed to learn that we did not meet your expectations. We are making great efforts to ensure that we proved our guests with not just a beautiful hotel but a clean inviting environment with friendly attentive associates. I know that at the time of your visit was an extremely eventful week here on South Beach; even though we are in the heart of everything, noise is not a common compliant. We do have our concierge Alex, who assists with all requests and give suggestions on the area. I am sorry that you did not meet with him. I have shared your review; we will take all that you have said into consideration, as this will help us to improve.
whitehaven
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Friendly service and check in. Well appointed cool yet tasteful rooms (super comfortable bed!). Brilliant location if you want to be in the heart of ocean drive, which was perfect for us. Special mention to Maurice at the poolside who is fantastic and deserves recognition by the hotel management. Couple of improvements to get to 5 stars: service at the poolside bar was far too slow, team at breakfast service are disinterested and the breakfast is not great (other than the fresh croissants), people reserving sunbeds as a practice should not be allowed considering the size of the pool and limited number of beds.

Room Tip: Choose a high room that faces towards the pool on the sixth floor
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback and observations it is greatly appreciated. I am happy that Maurice our pool attendant took care of you, I will be sure to share this review with him. We have read the reviews in regards to our breakfast and are making some drastic changes to ensure the satisfaction of our valued guests. Sunbeds should not be reserved; we will be sure to stick to this policy. We hope that you return again, it was great having you here with us.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Valet and front desk gals were SO NICE!! Held onto our luggage and directed us to complimentary breakfast when we showed up from our cruise hours before official check-in, which was awesome. Room was beautiful and CLEAN. A tray was brought up with complimentary Pelligrno and a selection of fresh fruit...Love the simplicity and elegance of the decor, super polite staff, and ideal location!!

• Stayed April 2014
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
We are glad that you enjoyed your visit with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was our pleasure to take care of you; we cannot wait to welcome you back again soon!
Woodbury, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Victor in February 2014 for one night. The hotel location, right in the middle of South Beach, is wonderful. We upgraded our room to a Bungalow King Deluxe and were very happy with it. It was a large room with a great ocean view, a separate sitting area and a very large bathroom with a stand-alone soaking tub and a marvelous shower. We did not experience any frustrations with hotel staff-they were all friendly and courteous. We enjoyed the hotel’s breakfast buffet-it had a good variety of food and beverages; however, the dining/bar area did feel dingy and not very clean. We will definitely stay here again the next time we are in Miami.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you for your review it was great having you here with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit we look forward to your return.