“Great stay”
Review of Hotel Victor

Hotel Victor
Ranked #83 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed in a pool side room and had a great time. Service was great, the gentleman by the pool was so helpful, cocktails were yummy. And the room was so convenient. The breakfast buffet was included and while it was ok it was a lot like banquet food. Overall great stay!

• Stayed: April 2014
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we do appreciate it. It was great having you here with us, I am glad that you enjoyed your visit. We cannot wait to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

The Victor lacks management and customer service. The stuff at the front desk and especially their manager is the worst example of hospitality ..restaurant is dirty and breakfast is poor. Location is ok if you want to be in the middle of SoBe and free bicycles is a good perk. If you are lucky to get a good deal and don't have to interact with the stuff you will probably be ok but if you are unfortunate to pay a high price and have high expectations it is better to look elsewhere

Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank GFGeneve
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback and observations we do appreciate it. I am sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations. I am very interested in speaking with you and finding out what your issues were. Please be so kind and reach out to us at info@hotelvictorsouthbeach.com . I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed 4 nights for our anniversary. Everything was wonderful, and I never write review. The reason I am reviewing this time is because the management and team did a wonderful job during a crisis. On our last day, the elevators stopped working, and this caused caos as many guests were checking out. I'm not sure what the elevator issues were, but the Management and Staff took immediate initiative and made all of us comfortable and safe. They escorted us through the back elevator ensuring our safety at all times, in a professional, friendly manner. Besides that, everything was just superb. Recommended!

Room Tip: Excellent location great service
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience you encountered. I am glad that we were able to take care of you and that you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to return soon!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The hotel itself was nice enough, however when we arrived we were greeted with the realization that half the things we paid for were not available because the hotel had "changed policies," among other excuses.

First, we paid extra to have a room with a balcony. When we received our room number and went into the room, there was no balcony whatsoever. We went down to request a room with a balcony (since we paid extra for it) and were met with excuse after excuse. It was an exasperating battle with the front desk person (who denied our request to speak with a supervisor) just to get the room we paid for. I finally said I would accept the no-balcony room if they charged us the lower price, and they refused. Finally, after a drawn-out debate and my threat to contact the hotel's parent company, the front desk woman relented and gave us a room with a balcony.

When it came time to go to the beach on our first day in Miami, the folks at the hotel told us their policy on providing chairs and umbrellas had changed in the six or so weeks between when we booked our room and when we arrived. This led us to choose between buying our own chairs and umbrellas at the beach or paying the outrageous price of $45 per day for chair/umbrella rentals through a company at the beachfront. The hotel's excuse was that they now serve breakfast (a very small buffet) instead.

Finally, after we got home, I noticed a charge of $38 on my credit card. I called the hotel up and they claimed we consumed a number of items from the room's mini bar such as Johnny Walker, ginger ale and others. If there is one liquor I absolutely hate, it's Scotch! We used one single bottle of cranberry juice during our stay and that was it! I was told by the front desk people that they would leave a message with their account office and I would get a call back. It's a day later and I've received no call and nobody answers in their accounting department. As I write this, I'm on hold with my credit card company to dispute the charge.

AVOID THIS HOTEL as they will do everything they can to rip you off!

Room Tip: Make sure you get the room you actually paid for!
3  Thank TurboDan609
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback and observations, it is very important to us. I would like to personally apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your visit with us. It is not our practice to frustrate or deceive our valued guests. We did change our policy in regards to beach chairs nearly six months ago. We provide a full buffet breakfast instead of beach chairs. I would like to speak with you about the minibar charges incurred at checkout. Please reach out to us at info@hotelvictorsouthbeach.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Everything was perfect in this hotel: the service, the rooms, the cleanliness, the kindliness of the employees... you can also rent bikes for free, that´s fantastic. The pool area is so nice, it is great to lie there and watch the sea.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for your review, it was great having you here with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit with us; we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed at Victor for 6 nights. Our first room was dark and in the corner and the window faced the balcony for the room beside. Asked the friendly staff if it was possible to change the room. Singe at the front desk got us a better room with balcony and nicer view. The room was comfortable. The staff at Victor was always friendly. The two thing that really drag down the impression is the lack of cleaning. Our room was not clean for two days. The complimentary was randomly distributed (for 3 days in a row it was totally absent). The breakfast was too basic. A wider selection of fruit, jam and bread would make a difference.

At our departure we where allowed to use the pool and the spa for showering after check out. This was a really nice gesture.

Overall: With a minimum this hotel can be really great. Lovely staff.

Room Tip: Get a room with balcony
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for your review and observations. It was great having you here with us, I am glad that Signe was able to take care of you. I have shared your review with the appropriate department; your feedback will help us to improve. We hope that you will return to us, on your next visit to South Beach.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed at the hotel for three nights in April. Front desk service was awful. We stayed on the 2nd floor (pool level) and it took two people to open the sliding glass door and it was difficult to lock. Janitor claimed that he could not fix it and that all of the doors need to be replaced--great. Service and food at the restaurant was of poor quality and there is a mandatory 18% tip for the pleasure. After check-out our credit card was charged $73.00 for potato chips and candy from the mini-bar which we never took. Called the hotel to dispute the charge and was totally blown-off. I will let the credit card company deals with these clowns. Since you are not provided and initial inventory list they can claim just about anything they want. There are a lot of other hotels to choose from and I suggest that you do.

Room Tip: I can not recommend any hotel that treats their clients so poorly.
2  Thank vecchio49

Thank you for your review and observations. I would like to personally apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your visit with us. We are making great efforts to prepare our associates to provide our guests with a great experience, from beginning to end. I am sad to learn that you had billing issues after departure that were not resolved. Please reach out to me directly; I would like to speak with you. cree@hotelvictorsouthbeach.com. I look forward to hearing from you.