“Spa V - Spa review only, not hotel guest”
Review of Hotel Victor

Hotel Victor
Ranked #81 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
aaronlife
“Spa V - Spa review only, not hotel guest”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My wife and I decided to try the groupon for the couples massage. This was our first time to Spa V. We arrived about 30-45 minutes early so we could relax in the steam room. The front desk person was very nice, as was the booking person over the phone. The lights were dim and she raised the lights without even being asked to help my wife see to fill in the guest form.

The groupon was supposed to include two glasses of prosecco, but they were out of that, so the front desk person told us the manager was giving us an extra 15 minutes of massage, which was great...

Perhaps because we arrived a little after 5PM, we had the steam room to ourselves. It was nice that the steam room was clothing optional, like in Europe, it is much for comfortable and hygienic. The only thing missing was a shower, you have to take a short walk back to the locker room if you want to take a cold shower, before returning to the steam room, but they are limited on space, and I can't see where they could install a shower where it wouldn't cause issues.

The couples massage was excellent. I had Martina. I haven't had many massages, but I have to say this was the best massage I have had. She used a variety of techniques, some of which I was familiar with, others I wasn't, and the variety was nice, and they were all effective. The pressure was perfect, and highly effective, I felt very relaxed afterwards, and noticed walking that my hips were much more limber. My wife had Ramon and said he was very good as well, using different techniques.

I would say my only wish would have been for more time, so I could have had more massage, to really get into the areas that needed more attention, and areas that there wasn't time for, or aren't a part of the normal routine (upper pecs, abdominals, etc.). I think 2 hours would have been good.

Another reviewer mentioned there weren't sheets. We had heavy sheets that we crawled under when we first got into the room, and then we remained covered and draped the entire time, except for the area being worked on. It was all very conservative. I suppose this keeps the client's modesty secure, but at first I was too hot from being in the steam room to go right under a sheet. Later I didn't mind it, though I think I would prefer a large towel for draping, so my skin could breathe more.

Everything seemed clean. The cool down room had water, tea, and apples. They have an interesting spa menu. I would return...

Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for visiting our Spa; it is a great hideaway with amazing services and ambience. I am glad that you enjoyed it and hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Recently stayed 3 nights with friends at the Victor. The level of service was exceptional, particularly the pool attendants and Marcelis, the Meeter and Greeter who went the extra mile to help us all.
The only downside being the lack of restaurant and bar, which was being refurbished during our stay. Also unlike most of the beachfront hotels, the Victor does not offer complimentary beach loungers! We were not aware of these before our stay.
Apart from this great fun hotel.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms by the pool are great if you are with friends
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jas722013
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for your review and recognition of Marcelis and our pool attendants. As you have mentioned, we are about to open a new restaurant, “Sugar Factory” within the coming weeks. We are very excited as this will be a great addition not just to our hotel but the entire area here on Ocean Drive. We hope that you will return soon! to see the amazing transformation.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The hotel is located right on the beach. The view was amazing. The restaurants below made the place lively and it was very entertaining. Could be a little noisy at night as it is on such a busy street but overall it was great.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel and taking the time to write a review. It was great having you here with us we look forward to your return.
London
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We have stayed in this hotel 4 times over the past 3 years and each time we watch it decline, the only reason we returned was the fabulous bar and live music from the South American duo, however, they are not there, nor is the bar, restaurant or anything that is worth staying here for. When we arrived, despite booking 6 months ago, the hotel didn't have our reservation and when we produced a copy of the confirmation they still didn't believe us. We had booked a suite and the receptionist said she couldn't believe the rate we had $525 and we'd have to start with a new booking, we asked what this rate would be and she said more like $750. We settled at $525 and we're made to feel grateful, so imagine how we felt when we got to our room and found out the rate on the hotels own website was $405! After many calls when we were continually told the manager wasn't available they finally agreed on $405. Breakfast is in edible and bordering on unsafe, rancid butter, bacon overlooked and swimming in oil and scrambled egg so rubbery you could play football with it. The ambiance is gone, no bar no restaurant no movie channel. It is 3 star with 5 star prices and to top it all, we we're told check out was 11am and after much bartering finally agreed at 1pm and the hotel was virtually empty. There is little to no service in this hotel and the owners need to seriously evaluate where they are going or hand over the franchise to travel lodge. The bar next door thumps out loud music very late but on a one positive note the bedding is amazing.

3 Thank lizcunningham
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback and observations, it is important to us. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience you encountered during your visit with us. I looked into your booking issue and learned that we accepted the confirmation that you presented at check-in, for a booking that was made over six months ago, at a rate of $512.10 per night. After check-in, I understand that you discovered a lower rate, on a website and then asked to have your rate changed. Your request was brought to my attention and was honored immediately. I am sorry that we were unable to provide a later check-out to you; it is only out of consideration for arriving guests, especially at 100% occupancy. Hotel Victor has undergone some major changes from your last visit 3 years ago. We renovated a little over six months ago and is about to open two restaurants here on property. These new additions will give our hotel that atmosphere that you have mentioned that you’ve missed, as well as great dining options for our guests. We have made some amazing changes! and trust that you will return to experience this.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My wife and I recently stayed for 1 week at the Hotel Victor and had a great stay..Wonderful view of ocean from our Balcony Room,excellant friendly helpful stay (namely Signe and Marcelis)..
Great location to enjoy the Night life of Miami Beach..

Room Tip: Worth the extra to have a Balcony Room..
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and recognizing Singe and Marcelis, two of our amazing associates. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit with us, we cannot wait to welcome you back again soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Spent 4 nights at Hotel Victor and had a overall GREAT stay. The staff in all areas were very friendly and helpful. Since our flight was not until later that evening, when checking out, Marcelis took care of myself and my husband. He made sure even though we were officially checked out of the hotel, he still made us feel comfortable with holding our bags, arranging a cab to pick us up that evening, and allowing us to change into our "flying" clothes in the spa changing rooms for our flight back to NYC.

Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and recognizing Marcelis, one of our amazing! Bellman. It was great having you here with us, I am glad that you enjoyed your visit, we can’t wait to welcome you back again soon!
Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Last week we spent 4 nites in Hotel Victor... great place .. absolutely renovated property ... eveything is in mint condition ...loved the new European contemporary style ...Central location of this hotel also makes it a hotel of your choice. I have to admit we did have a very good Travelzoo promotion ... that gave us discounted rate and waived all additional daily charges .
The staff was very helpful and friendly ... the response time as practically minutes and you do not need to ask again and again for any service.
Absolutely will stay in this hotel again...

Room Tip: I think all the rooms very renovated .. u can ask for a room that specifically has a balcony.
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, it was great having you here with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit and all the great amenities that we have to offer. Yes, our hotel underwent renovations a little over six months ago; we are excited about the changes especially our new restaurant “Sugar Factory” which is scheduled to open within the coming weeks. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!