“Expected more”

Ranked #81 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Köln, Deutschland
“Expected more”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We booked this hotel for 4 nights for our stay in Miami Beach. The room we received was really nice, however we had to complain striahgt away about mildew in the shower. The shower was cleaned and painted straight away - but room service was lousy after that (I do not want to go into details). We complained several times - however, as we found out the manager only knew of this upon our departure, since due to a coincidence she was the one checking us out. At least we then did not have to pay the "service charge" (so look out they charge this on top!).
The breakfast that is complamentary wasn't much either - It would probably be better to have somthing a la carte that you pay, instead of the not good complimentary one.
Also it is rather loud in the street, until almost break of dawn, on weekends espacially.
All in all, for the price they charge I would have hoped for something more refined...

Room Tip: Ask for seeview and espacially higher than 2nd or 3rd.
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel and taking the time to write a review. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience you encountered during your visit with us. I am glad that the manager was able to speak with you before your departure and rectified the issues. Thank you for your feedback and observations, it is very important to us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Very Nice hotel on the south beach..You can rent bicycles from them..You can even get the beach towels...But this will not be free...A fee of 22$ per day which includes the pool use, bicycle, beach towels, breakfast..Hotel is close to all the Pubs and shops...Btw Breakfast was very pathetic...And be sure to check the bill before checkout..In our case there were additional charges being applied...Rooms are too small but beautiful...No balcony for most of the rooms..Book directly from them to get a pool side room..Open pool was good..Overall a nice experience..

Room Tip: Book in advance for the pool side rooms Check your bill before checkout
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback and observation, it is important to us. We have made some drastic changes and in a few short weeks we will be opening two restaurants here on property. These new additions will give our guests great dining options, as well as great service and ambience. Please know that it is not our practice to deceive our guests in any way. We do charge a service fee of $22.00 per day plus tax, like all hotels on South Beach. This is a daily charge that is explained at the time of booking and at check-in. This fee gives you a full buffet breakfast, in our new restaurant “Sugar Factory “ Wi-Fi access, usage of the Fitness Centre as well as the steam room, usage of bicycles, unlimited long distance phone calls and beach towels with water for the beach. I trust that you will return on your next visit to South Beach to experience our new additions.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

It was a great 3 days. Very friendly staff met all of our expectations. Amazing location with walking distance to all restaurants on South beach, beach itself. You can rent a bike, run, walk to various nearby must see points in Miami. Definatelly worth recommending the place. Guest hotels are also very nice and you will not have all night party in the room next door.

You will experience some South beach street noises but they will be at every single place if you decide to stay on the Ocean Drive.i would go back and i would recommend to stay there.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are quieter.
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel and taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit, please remember us on your next visit to South Beach.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights and 4 days recently and absolutely loved our stay. The hotel was in the perfect location right on Ocean Drive and across from the beach. The hotel was very clean and the rooms and grounds were impressive, especially for an art deco hotel. I thought the rooms were spacious and the beds extremely comfortable. We all loved the comfy bed linens! The staff was friendly and everything was easy. I requested the 3 rooms on the same floor which they did their best to honor. They had the two right next to each other but could not accommodate the third till our last night, so we just kept it the way it was since everyone had already unpacked and got settled. They did attempt to move our room though without me even asking again, which showed that they listen and care about their guests.The pool was beautiful and great for people watching right on Ocean Drive with ocean views. We also loved Mauricio the pool attendant he was friendly, courteous, and kept the pool in motion always asking us if we needed anything. He took his job serious and did a wonderful job taking care of his guests and making sure they were happy.The breakfast in the morning was a nice touch, as well as the fruit water by the pool. The staff also came around every night to ask if we needed anything or more towels, which was so perfect. They held our luggage till it was time to go home, and we even were able to change and freshen up downstairs in the spa which was perfect before hopping back on the plane. I think my only suggestion would be the restaurant by the pool, there was only one waitress and the one day she was hard to find. Mauricio helped us get her and she did the best she could, but I would suggest an extra person to make things easier and accommodate the guests a little better. I will say the food though was very good we tried a variety of things and we all enjoyed out meals.
I would highly recommend it and I know we all cannot wait to come back again soon.

Room Tip: Had a high room on the 6th floor which was great. I was on the side but from the bathroom window we...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Teemarie4
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for your detailed review and recognition of Maurico one of our amazing associates. I am glad that you were able to experience all the great amenities that we have to offer, especially the wonderful service from our very attentive team. It was great having you visit with us, we cannot wait to welcome you back again soon!
aaronlife
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My wife and I decided to try the groupon for the couples massage. This was our first time to Spa V. We arrived about 30-45 minutes early so we could relax in the steam room. The front desk person was very nice, as was the booking person over the phone. The lights were dim and she raised the lights without even being asked to help my wife see to fill in the guest form.

The groupon was supposed to include two glasses of prosecco, but they were out of that, so the front desk person told us the manager was giving us an extra 15 minutes of massage, which was great...

Perhaps because we arrived a little after 5PM, we had the steam room to ourselves. It was nice that the steam room was clothing optional, like in Europe, it is much for comfortable and hygienic. The only thing missing was a shower, you have to take a short walk back to the locker room if you want to take a cold shower, before returning to the steam room, but they are limited on space, and I can't see where they could install a shower where it wouldn't cause issues.

The couples massage was excellent. I had Martina. I haven't had many massages, but I have to say this was the best massage I have had. She used a variety of techniques, some of which I was familiar with, others I wasn't, and the variety was nice, and they were all effective. The pressure was perfect, and highly effective, I felt very relaxed afterwards, and noticed walking that my hips were much more limber. My wife had Ramon and said he was very good as well, using different techniques.

I would say my only wish would have been for more time, so I could have had more massage, to really get into the areas that needed more attention, and areas that there wasn't time for, or aren't a part of the normal routine (upper pecs, abdominals, etc.). I think 2 hours would have been good.

Another reviewer mentioned there weren't sheets. We had heavy sheets that we crawled under when we first got into the room, and then we remained covered and draped the entire time, except for the area being worked on. It was all very conservative. I suppose this keeps the client's modesty secure, but at first I was too hot from being in the steam room to go right under a sheet. Later I didn't mind it, though I think I would prefer a large towel for draping, so my skin could breathe more.

Everything seemed clean. The cool down room had water, tea, and apples. They have an interesting spa menu. I would return...

Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for visiting our Spa; it is a great hideaway with amazing services and ambience. I am glad that you enjoyed it and hope to see you again soon!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Recently stayed 3 nights with friends at the Victor. The level of service was exceptional, particularly the pool attendants and Marcelis, the Meeter and Greeter who went the extra mile to help us all.
The only downside being the lack of restaurant and bar, which was being refurbished during our stay. Also unlike most of the beachfront hotels, the Victor does not offer complimentary beach loungers! We were not aware of these before our stay.
Apart from this great fun hotel.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms by the pool are great if you are with friends
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jas722013
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for your review and recognition of Marcelis and our pool attendants. As you have mentioned, we are about to open a new restaurant, “Sugar Factory” within the coming weeks. We are very excited as this will be a great addition not just to our hotel but the entire area here on Ocean Drive. We hope that you will return soon! to see the amazing transformation.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The hotel is located right on the beach. The view was amazing. The restaurants below made the place lively and it was very entertaining. Could be a little noisy at night as it is on such a busy street but overall it was great.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel and taking the time to write a review. It was great having you here with us we look forward to your return.