“Wonderful Stay w/ some minor hiccups.”
Review of Hotel Victor

Hotel Victor
Ranked #81 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Wonderful Stay w/ some minor hiccups.”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

So I'll start with the good, the place is gorgeous, the reno was really well done! The location simply cannot be beat (and to all those complaining about "noise" ummm...there ISN'T any so stop your whining!) The rooms are gorgeous and the people at the front desk seem very nice and friendly (I honestly don't get the reviews where people say someone wasn't friendly or helpful). The free wifi, buffet breakfast and bikes are all great (again people complaining about the breakfast is weird, its free, nothing in sobe is free, you get eggs, bacon, potatoes, baked goods, cereals, yogurt, granola, fruit, coffee and juices to choose from...yes its the same thing every day but again its free). While i never met the front desk manager, Cree, I did exchange a few emails with her about certain concerns and she fixed everything straight away and did it with a kind and pleasant attitude and any info to the contrary is inaccurate! All in all hands down one of the best places i stayed at on south beach!

I do want to touch on a few issues, not as a form of complaint but as a way for Victor to improve even further. The housekeeping wasn't always up to snuff (our toilet was not clean when we first arrived in the room, it was promptly taken care of after i let them know but still left an unpleasant taste in my mouth so to speak) and once we came back to the room at 3pm and had to call for housekeeping because the room was not yet cleaned (I will note that that only happened once and every other day we received timely housekeeping). Another issue was by the pool, there was an older gentleman who was watching after the pool and giving out towels and the such, he was nice enough but when we first got there he came up to us and started telling us about his hotel in Cuba and how we should go visit it and do we want the info for it (and when we politely declined he also told us he wrote a book and we should look him up and buy it). It only happened once but it was still slightly unpleasant to have to endure a sales pitch from this guy especially because half this pitch is borderline illegal (last I checked Americans are not permitted to travel to Cuba). And the last issue I had was with the restaurant, one morning when my husband got sick of the buffet breakfast he wanted to order off the menu (and was willing to pay) we both ordered omelets but they came with half their ingredients missing so I paid $14 for a half empty omelet, and on another occasion, though he wasn't supposed to, the "chef" was making eggs for all the Spanish speaking guests and when my husband approached him for some eggs he said well i'm not really supposed to do that, except that he just did it for like 5 other people. He begrudgingly agreed to make my husband eggs and when they were served my husband cut a piece and saw they were completely raw on the inside, like he did it on purpose. Anyway that was just an unpleasant experience, if you do something do it for everyone or no one, don't do it just because someone speaks your native tongue and you want to appease them. Those slight issues aside I'd say Victor is a great place to stay at (esp for the money I paid) and i wouldn't hesitate to do it again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for your detailed review, your feedback is extremely important to us. While I am happy that you enjoyed your visit overall, I am disappointed about the mishaps you encountered. We have made tremendous strides, and are putting forward continuous efforts, to ensure the satisfaction of our guests. I have shared your review with the appropriate departments; your feedback will help us to improve. I am glad that you will return, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Woudrichem, The Netherlands
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We have been to this hotel for a few nights.

This hotel has a great atmosphere....they've put a lot effort in the details, like the fishtanks (with jellyfish), a scent for every time of day while you are walking through the hotel.

The rooms are not big but beautifull in every detail. Also the "mini bar" offerings are very original.

Also has a great rooftop terrace for an evening drink

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dilis2014
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we do appreciate it. Please remember us on your next visit to South Beach.
Farmingdale
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Maurice is an excellent pool guy, very personable and sets up towels brings you water constantly asking if u need anything.
Service very good all staff friendly.
Ordered drinks one afternoon from bar in restaurant and they charged 58 for 2 paper cups of sex on beach, went to liquor store after that to make own!!

• Stayed June 2014
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel and taking the time to write a review. While complaints about our beds are not common, I have shared your comments with the appropriate department, your feedback is extremely important to us. It was great having you here with us, we hope to see you again soon!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Where do I begin.
LOVE LOVE LOVE. From the minute I arrived everyone has just been amazing.
As an aussie that loves soccer it was a treat that they aired all the games during the world cup and the staff and other guests unified in having a great time.
My room was quiet, clean and I had no issues during my stay.
The food is awesome and the drinks (well my taste buds thank you)

-Joey from Sydney, Australia

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank aus_joey74
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel, as your “home away from home.” It was a pleasure having you here with us we cannot wait for you to come back home!
London
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

2 nights in hotel victor on way from orlando to key largo. The hotel was excellent , room clean and great location on 2nd floor with pool outside room. Staff were very helpful and the breakfast was good value , self serve. From a location perspective this is a good as it gets , right on south beach. Very impressed with Miami , safe and lots to do. Would suggest the pirate duck tour , and the following restaurants rosa Mexicana on Lincoln road and la locanda on Washington ave. 4th of July on south beach will be hard to forget. Well done hotel victor and all it's staff!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MattPhLondon
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
It was a pleasure having you here with us and thank you for your review. I am glad to know that we were able to make your holiday a memorable one; we cannot wait to welcome you back again soon!
Panama City, FL
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We had stayed at the Victor a few years back when they were associated with the Hyatt Brand and had really enjoyed our stay. Had read a few negatives on Tripadvisor but ignored them based on how good our first experience had been. We are so glad we did. The hotel is clean, beautiful and has a great South Beach feel to it. Check in was a breeze and the staff very friendly. We had booked a bungalow room that opens onto the pool deck based on our previously experience. Room was well appointed, clean and very comfortable. It is the best setup on south beach. Enjoy the pool overlooking Ocean Drive and the beach by day and roam South Beach by night. Free breakfast buffet comes with the room. It is basic eggs, bacon, potatoes and pastries/bagels but good. It’s the typical breakfast served up and down Ocean Drive. We would return whenever going to South Beach. Only thing I would suggest is that they get a door man or they have obviously contracted with a valet service but the valet is not interested in helping with bags. We stayed at the Victor for 2 days before going on to Jamaica for 10 days so we had a bit of luggage. We arrived by cab from the Miami airport pulled up right in front of the valet and he was of no help as he continued to talk on his cell phone watching us hump our own bags into to the hotel. Stayed June 14th through 16th 2014

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for returning to our hotel, it was great having you here with us. I am disappointed to learn that you had no assistance upon arrival, this is unacceptable, and certainly not our practice. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit, post renovations and that you would return. Thank you for your review, we look forward to seeing you again, soon!
Rochester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Lenin and Anna were great help help. Anna told us great places to eat and dance in area. Lenin assisted us with transportation and bags. Room was great , We stayed in King Suite with Pool access.

My only complaint is with room the sun bed and outdoor shower should be reserved for room guest. Had people laying outside our room and using the shower. I had to get up pretty early in morning for us to be able to use it for ourselves.

We will be back next year hopefully.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jeffj1968
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for visiting with us and taking the time to write a review. I am glad that Anna and Lenin took such great care of you. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience you encountered. You are absolutely right, the sunbeds and shower on the patio of guest’s rooms should be used by the room guest, only. We will be sure to pay closer attention to this, going forward. We hope to see you again soon!