“Best concierge ever!”

Ranked #63 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Detroit, Michigan
“Best concierge ever!”
Reviewed 20 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at Hilton Bentley for one night on our way back from our honeymoon... and truthfully, it was one of our favorite nights from our honeymoon! The Hilton staff was so unbelievably friendly and welcoming and they went out of their way to make our stay such an amazing one! The hotel building itself was beautiful, the location was great, and our room was beautiful and huge.. but it was truly the people who worked at the hotel and even the people at the Hotel restaurant--they were just so amazing and friendly! The bellmen were too pushy, but everyone else was absolutely the best! Our stay was such a warm and pleasant experience!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lovetotravel0618
HiltonBentley, Director of Sales at Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach, responded to this review, 23 September 2011
Hello,

Thank you very much for sharing your Honeymoon experience at the beautiful AAA 4 Diamond Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach. Certainly, it is our team’s hospitality and professionalism that makes the difference, creating beautiful memories for life. I have shared your comments with our team.

Sincere regards, John Laclé – Hilton Bentley Leadership Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 18 September 2011

The large rooms and balconies with a full kitchenette are a great find in SoBe where I usually find the rooms underwhelming. On a several day business trip this is just right, giving me space to chill out after a long day. The balconies are kind of communal, which is fun for a hotel. I will definitely stay here again, which while off the typical South Beach strip, is still close enough and right next to the excellent restaurant Prime 112.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank CFRHallett
London, England.
Reviewed 16 September 2011

We were allocated a room on the 10th floor in the back block with a terrace overlooking Ocean Drive. There was some refurbishment work underway on this floor but it didn't interfere with our stay. The room was reached by taking an elevator from the lobby to the fourth floor and then crossing to the back building and taking a second elevator to the tenth floor. The elevator service in the back block was very slow.

The room was quite small and made worse by overcluttering furniture - there was a large cabinet housing a microwave, sink and refrigerator, and a round dining table and two dining chairs. All this seemed unecessary to us for a hotel of this type. The bed was wide but strangely short and the bathroom was large but clumsily fitted. There were a couple of chairs and a table on the outside terrace but ours was one of three in a line, seperated just by some very modest pole fencing so there was no privacy from (or for) the neighbouring rooms on either side of us.

We were given a complimentary Gold Hhonors breakfast in the hotel restaurant where staff were rude and offhand. The table we were allocated was filthy and all the tables had crumbs and food debris underneath them - there was no way this room had been cleaned since dinner the previous evening. Glasses and tableware were not clean either.

The pool area is small but quite cool and the hotel also operates a beach club where we enjoyed an afternoon - but 2 beds and an umbrella come at an additional charge of $30. Here service was again superior and offhand.

Hotel check out time is a very early 11am. We asked for an extension until 1pm but this was denied without question or any effort to accommodate us.

We left having enjoyed this end of South Beach - much more gentle than the busier section further north - but underwhelmed by the Bentley Hilton. We wouldn't return.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Reviewed 9 September 2011

Just returned from a 3-day stay at the Hilton Bentley. I was at the Sonesta before and it was great. Unfortunately I had to move to Hilton because of a business meeting held there. Hilton´s location is nice, but it is amazing how they go an extra mile to make you feel unwelcome. At the arrival a grumpy bell boy (more like a bell Mr.) does not greet you and keeps looking at you while you take you own luggage out of the car. At check in, even with a confirmation letter from the hotel for an early check in, we had to wait until 3 PM to get into our rooms (arrived at the Sonesta at 7 AM and was sent directly to my room). After a long waiting, the grumpy bell boy took the luggage to the room and pointed to the cart asking which one was mine. I took it myself and he waited until I gave him money...
The room had a great view, really superb, but the curtains do not do their job and the sun comes in really early. No point in trying to sleep more. The bathroom was terribly dirty and I cleaned it myself with a towel. Surprise, surprise, the same towel, even though I left it on the floor, was hanging there waiting for me the next day. The front desk is another joke. Asked for a late check out and, before I finished the sentence, the teller said no. Tried a second time and again I could not even finish my question. Gave up. Long story short, stay somewhere else. I guess Hilton does not need guests, they have enough money as it is. This is the only explanation I could find. Will be in Miami again in November. This time I´ll stay at the Sonesta again and my meetings will be held at The Palms. Hope they don’t mess up like Hilton did.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Antonio-ASJR
HiltonBentley, Director of Sales at Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach, responded to this review, 12 September 2011
Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding our bellman service and cleanliness. Though certainly not characteristic of the beautiful 4 Diamond Hilton Bentley, we are addressing both concerns.

Reviewers: The hotel’s check-in time is at 4pm, check-out at 11am. We absolutely strive to accommodate all of our guests’ requests for early check-ins whenever available. In more instances than not, we are able to accommodate. On few occasions we are unable to due to consistent high occupancy levels of the hotel. With the same regard, as a courtesy to those checking-in later in the day, the hotel has limited ability to extend late check-outs. We ask for your understanding.

Sincere regards, John Laclé – Hilt/on Bentley Leadership Team.
london
Reviewed 9 September 2011

This Hotel was almost at the southern tip of south beach. The area is quiet compared to the properties above 5th street where there are so many restaurants and bars. Its next door-but-one to the Marriott, so I would look at the prices of both when choosing my next trip.

We chose it for its location. The route to the hotel is an easy drive from the airport and the traffic is not a problem. The traffic between 5th street and 20th can get very congested as this is the art deco bit that everyone comes to look at and where the bars and restaurants are.

The hotel has valet parkng (like all the hotels in the area) and this can be quite expensive if you have not budgeted for it.

The breakfast in the hotel was good value for money and had a great choice. We did room service for breakfast and it was even better than what we had in the restaurant and the same price.

The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. we had a kitchen area, dining area, sofa that turned into a double bed, bedroom with king size bed and a huge bathroom. The balcony looked onto the beach and wrapped around the whole apartment, it must have been at least 60 feet with chairs and sunloungers.

The staff were friendly and helpful, although the bar did seem to close at midnight.

The pool area is very nice and access to the beach is through a gate from the the pool area.

If you like to enjoy an early morning cuppa sitting in the sun get a room with a sea view, the sun comes up on the sea facing side of the building.

All in all this is a lovely hotel and we would choose it again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank lemans24
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the beautiful AAA 4 Diamond Hilton Bentley. Sincere regards, John Laclé- Hilton Bentley Leadership Team
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I stayed at the Hilton Bentley last year and was very happy with it and I gave it a great review. I loved it so much that I recently went back for an eight night stay. Unfortunately, this time my review will be very different.

Like last time, I traveled with my husband and our baby. We booked a one bedroom ocean front suite. Prior to our trip we called the hotel directly over an issue with the hotel rate changing in the middle of our stay. We spoke to Alejandro and he adjusted our rate and even told us that if the two bedroom/ two bathroom ocean front suite became available we could have it for the same rate. It did become available just before our trip and he gave us that suite for the same rate. We thought we were going to have the best room ever and an awesome nine day vacation!

As soon as we arrived the disappointments began. There were a couple of main things that brought me back to this hotel for a second time. One of them was the cleanliness, especially the shiny, clean marble floors. The suite we were put in had apparently been missed when they refurbished the floors and they pretty much looked the same as the concrete on the balcony. And that would have been OK if they were at least clean, but they were not. With one swipe of a wet paper towel it came up black. The baseboards were dirty. The glass cook top on the stove had crusted on food on it. The windows had prints of hands and foreheads on them. The bidet had drips of urine in it. There was a hair in a pillowcase. And the shower drain was moldy and very gross. I called to report these issues and before long several people came to re-clean the room. They mopped and washed the windows inside and out. During this time we awkwardly sat out on the balcony while they worked, which was for about an hour.

The suite itself was a disappointment too. It was a wheelchair accessible suite, so the bathroom in the main bedroom had only a shower area, no actual stall or door. I did not try to use it but it seems like the water would go all over the bathroom if I had have. The second bedroom had a double bed in it and it had no door. Considering we did not pay for the second bedroom upgrade I didn't feel I had much room to complain about the particulars of the layout of this suite but if I had have I would have felt ripped off. If you do book a two bedroom I would ask to not be put in the accessible suite. Unless you are in need of these accommodations there is certainly nothing luxurious about having them.

Another huge reason I was drawn back to this hotel is their huge oceanfront balconies. They are amazing! Maybe the best you can get anywhere in Miami beach. There is room for two lounge chairs, two regular chairs and two side tables. This room had all of this and even had a wrap around balcony where you could look and see downtown too. So nice!

But, this is where my vacation got ruined! The entire top floor, which is the tenth floor, is under renovations. They work from 9am-4pm Monday- Friday. Sometimes they started a little early and sometimes worked late, one time as late as 5:30pm. It is very, very loud and non-stop! The noise from the machines was so loud that my husband and I couldn't comfortably carry on a conversation while sitting right next to each other on the balcony. I could not talk on the phone while on the balcony because the person on the line could not hear me. This was not a few times a day for a few minutes at a time. It was constant, all day. My husband and I really counted on that balcony. Because of our baby the balcony is where we spend most of our time. She can only tolerate being out at the beach for so long and she also takes naps. During her three hour afternoon nap we planned to sit out and enjoy the beach from the balcony and listen to the ocean. This was not happening. After five minutes out there I would get a headache and come back inside. My IPod in my ear wasn't even enough to drown out the noise. My baby had a hard time napping because of hammering and banging and drilling that could be heard from inside of the room. And we were all three woken up to these sounds every day except for Saturday and Sunday.

We complained and were told there was nothing they could do as far as the noise. The suite being worked on is a privately owned suite which takes up the entire tenth floor and the deal was that they would work Monday-Friday 9am -4pm. We were offered and shown a few different rooms, all which had the same noise. The only option away from the noise was a room in the building behind the ocean front building and that room would have had no view. We came all the way from Atlanta with a one year old for the ocean front view! If I had been informed either by the Hilton website or a staff member during one of our conversations before we arrived about the construction noise I would have never stayed there. But now I was trapped. And spending thousands of dollars on it.

We made several attempts to speak to managers and discuss the issue throughout the week. We were told many times that someone would get back with us but then they never did. Debbie agreed to take our valet parking off the bill. After receiving the bill on check-out day I took it down and spoke to a man at the front desk and I suggested the nightly rate be reduced. He said he would ask a manger and get back with me. He called a couple of hours later and said they could knock $50.00 per night off of the bill and threw in there that the manager had just gone in to a meeting. I was glad that they were willing to do something but in my opinion it wasn't enough. We saved up our money and spent thousands of dollars to stay at this place. Now our vacation money is all gone, and our vacation was ruined.

I don't like to give bad reviews but as someone who counts on other TripAdvisor reviewers I feel it is my obligation to share this. We were told the renovations were going on "until next year". I think they may still be in an extra loud demolition stage right now but I would be very careful about booking a room in their main building for a long time. In fact, after my overall experience I would suggest you simply do not stay here at all.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank leighbell
New Mexico
Reviewed 28 August 2011

The hotel has created a car parking monopoly. And I have to hand it to them, it's pretty slick. There is no option to park your own car at this hotel, valet only, which is fine, however, it costs $35/day to park at this hotel.....ridiculous in my opinion. The parking lot adjacent to the hotel boasts cheaper rates, however, you cannot park there between 3am-7am. So you're stuck paying the $35 per night at the Hilton.

There is a charge for sitting in the chairs posted up by the hotel on the beach (umbrella is extra!). This includes guests of the hotel. I understand this is south beach we're talking about, and everyone is a millionaire, but that is crazy. We just laid our towels down directly in front of the chairs for spite!

A couple positives are the staff, location, and attached restaurant. The staff was always courteous. Our bellman, waiter, and receptionist were all helpful and descent people. The hotel is setup in a great spot for beach access, restaurants, and bars.

Overall in my opinion this hotel charges south beach rates with an outdated 80s decor look and feel. I would not stay at this hotel again and I usually lean towards the Hilton brand on most vacations.

Room Tip: Partial ocean view is a waste of time. Either get a full ocean view or just take whatever is cheape...