“New Year's Eve Week-End”

Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach
Ranked #63 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
“New Year's Eve Week-End”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Checked into the Hilton Bentley Hotel for New Year's Eve week-end. Our room was not available when we arrived (early) but there was a changing room and the hotel held our luggage so we could start our adventure which was just fine. The room (King Suite) was a nice size, clean and welcoming. There was 1 small issue with "housekeeping" who did not leave additional shampoo, conditioner or refill the coffee supplies 1 day but that was easily taken care with a phone call to the front desk staff, who were great. We ate breakfast each morning at the hotel and were pleased with the food and staff, pool area was nice and staff attentive, and valet service was prompt and friendly. Hotel was only blocks from all the Ocean Drive activities. Overall, we would definately stay at the Hilton Bentley again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank CMullen111

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hope Island, Australia
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Bentley in Dec for the second time. The 2 bedroom suite was spacious and clean. Beds not very comfortable but that would be my only complaint. Staff very friendly and view and location brilliant.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank traveller77722
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We got a suite on the 4th floor which was beautiful, with a full kitchen, luxurious bathroom, etc etc. The location is great, just off the beach and walking distance to all of the restaurants, clubs, etc.

My only gripe would be the mandatory $35/day valet parking.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ashyn
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 25 December 2011

I'm 2 days into a 3 day stay at the hotel and felt compelled to write a review before my departure to express my disappointment during this trip. There must have been a change in management since I was last here. The quality of service is not up to the standard set in my previous visit here. Lets start with valet parking. I'm paying $35 per night to have my car sit in there garage each night. Self parking isn't allowed so I'm at the mercy of the valet. You would think that if you call for your car to be brought out front 15-20 minutes before going downstairs it would be there. That is not the case here. Once downstairs and realizing car not there I have to hunt down the valet to get my car. Even then they take their time about it. By the way, although it's December, this is Florida so it's hot and humid while waiting for my car.

Now let's talk about the availability of ice. When I called room service to ask where the ice machine was i was told "It's on the 4th floor, I think". Once on the 4th floor,lo and behold no ice machine. I was led to the ice machine by the housekeeping staff who was in the area. I was taken to the garage, where I learn the ice machine is kept (a questionable location in itself, but I digress). She then tells me that if I had asked for ice It would have been brought to the room.Something i should have been told when I first called room service about ice.

The next time I needed ice I called and it was delivered in an ice bucket and in a very courteous manner that made up for the previous ice issue. The next time I asked for ice it was delivered in a humungous plastic bag that is usually used for laundry service. It was more ice than I could use in a week. I was stunned. I had to check to see if i was really at a Hilton.

Otherwise the room was great as well as the location

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank dino4897
HiltonBentley, Director of Sales at Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach, responded to this review, 28 December 2011
Welcome Back! Thank you very much once again for your feedback.

Please accept our apologies for the unacceptable services experienced during your stay. Certainly, having to wait 15-20 minutes for your valet car and the lack of ice delivery service creates an unfavorable perception of our operation. I have shared your feedback with the team.
I am pleased you find our accommodations and location to be great. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon. Warm wishes for 2012.

Sincere regards,
John Laclé- Hilton Bentley Leadership Team
Europe
Reviewed 23 December 2011

We stayed in November at the Hilton Bentley Miami Beach for 1 night. The reception staff were all very nice and friendly, especially as we arrived very late around 10pm. They were helpful with advising on parking (across the street), and finding a place to eat.
We booked with points and seem to have been upgraded to the VIP suite on the top floor, this certainly made our stay much nicer. We had a "city" view so could not see the beach or ocean from the room, but it was very quite and had nice light.
The hotel is located right on the beach, so just a small walk along the building and you're on the beach. The pool in the back has a direct access to the beach as well.
The bar seemed OK, although a bit small. There seemed to be a very posh bar/restaurant on the opposite corner of the hotel, which we didn't try.
We did enjoy an early walk along the beach in the morning, and were pleasantly surprised by the healthy runners, yogis and swimmers out at 6am. The water was still warm enough for swimming in November.
Overall the hotel was clean, staff friendly, and location nice for the beach. Only a few restaurants close by, but many others about 10 minutes walk or very short drive.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Hillsborough, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 December 2011

We stayed here at the Hilton Bentley Miami South Beach to December 4-7, 2011 to escape North Carolina for awhile. The beach front location provides beautiful scenery anywhere you look. The hotel staff is excellent and exceeded our expectations. The restaurant food and service is excellent. The breakfast bar was my favorite, providing healthy low calorie (diabetic friendly) options and favorites for those who do not have to watch their diets. They also have a full service bar and provide room service. Hot tub, cabanas, heated pool. Our suite was lovely, marble and tile, very clean and tastefully decorated. The maid service is also excellent. Bike rentals are nearby and ideal for cycling through the park, downtown areas, and create your own tour of local museum's/sight-seeing. There are multiple locations to return and pick-up your trip later. We totally enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tanya B
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I stayed at Hlilton Bentley for my birthday and it a wonderful experience!! It was worth every penny. The hotel is gorgeous and the staff were very attentive to my needs. Some how they found out it was my birthday..and when I came back to my room it was a cake and a birthday note. Little things mean alot !!!The view was great! The rooms were amazing.. the location was nearby the south beach night life. It was a nice walk but it was good. I would recommend this place to anyone. It is a bit pricey but you get what you pay for!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple