“Extremely helpful and friendly staff”

Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach
Ranked #63 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Trinidad
“Extremely helpful and friendly staff”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

My boyfriend and I recently came back from a fantastic stay at the Hilton Bentley Miami South Beach. We definitely had a wonderful time and great experience! We have had some bad experiences with Hilton resorts in the past but staying at this hotel made up for that. The staff there is extremely efficient, organized, well trained, welcoming and kind. They were always willing to go the extra mile and nothing was ever a problem. We had a problem at eleven in the night with the television(there was sound but no picture) we called the front desk and within two minutes maintenance was at our door and fixed it immediately.The nightlife, shopping and beach facility around the property was amazing as well. The transport around South beach was good too and easily accessible from the hotel. There is a 25 cent bus that goes all around South Beach and we just had to walk a block to get to the bus stop so that reduced cab fare. That was very convenient for us. The staff was extremely well informed and gave us good tips on where to go and where to shop. They organized two excellent tours for us that we throughly enjoyed. Due to the high standard of customer service alone we would definitely be staying here again!!! If you do stay try their mojitos! We got two complimentary mojitos for Happy Hour upon our arrival. There were many different flavors like passion fruit, strawberry and mango. We unfortunately didn't get to eat in the restaurant but we do plan to visit again sometime in the near future. We highly recommend this hotel!!!! You will be treated like royalty by the etaff that is guaranteed.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chapin, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Great hotel and location the staff was very good we stayed in room 403 and loved the privacy it gave us. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: corner suites like 403 are great.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Becky G
Chicago
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I stayed in a private unit. This hotel is located rite on the beach. Ocean view is a plus. I think it is kind of over rated. I am a regular in Miami and have stayed at plenty hotels. But there is nothing special about this hotel other than the location. I thought it would be a little more extra due to the fact it is a HILTON.To me is seemed average to be a Hilton. But I had no complaints. I would stay here as long as it is a vacation rental. I will not pay regular price for there rooms. I don't think its worth it.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank mskeke
, General Manager at Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach, responded to this review, 8 July 2012
Reviewers: Though receiving a favorable rating, we respectively request you ignore this review. The review is not indicative of the Hilton Bentley Hotel. Rather, the review reflects the opinion of a guest of a private owner of a condo unit at the hotel who would not have received the services normally offered to our Hilton Bentley Guests. Please refer to all other reviews for a more accurate depiction of the Hilton Bentley.

Thank you, John Lacle, General Manager
Katy, TX
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We had a wonderful experience at this hotel - the service was spot on, the room was breathtakingly beautiful, the breakfast was delicious, the pool was comfortable and quiet and access to the beach was easy and delightful. I would HIGHLY recommend staying here on your next visit to South Beach. Prepare to be pampered!

Room Tip: If you're a Hilton Diamond member, ask for an oceanview suite - so worth the expense if needed o...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Hilton Bentley. Your kind sentiments are appreciated. I have shared your feedback with the team. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Thank you, John Lacle, General Manager
New Jersey
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This newly renovated hotel feels luxurious inside. Small lobby and generous suite guest rooms are modern, marble and elegant. Our bathroom was huge, and the kitchen was conveniently equipped with necessary items to dine in (for carry out from great local ceviche spot!), have a glass of wine or make coffee—lobby coffee is better, tho. Hilton Bentley is right on the southern end of a gorgeous stretch of turquoise Atlantic on the huge, white, sandy beach. Resort package is a must, because you want to make the most of your relaxation opportunity with the deluxe lounge and umbrella combo. Pool is small, and adequate for a dip—but you are here for the beach!

Because this area is south of the art deco district, it’s generally very quiet. We never heard the activity/music from Niki Beach at night, and minimally by day, so this did not disturb us. Situated below 5th street, this stretch of Ocean Drive does not have the hustle and bustle of the restaurant hawkers—this was perfect for our family getaway. For dining options, we could walk to many restaurants, as well as Collins Ave shopping.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank JLS85
Banbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Hilton Bentley

The best thing about this hotel is it's location, on Miami Beach and on Ocean Drive and a short distance to the cruise terminal, other the that, in my opinion, this hotel isn't really anything that special.

We stayed for two nights pre-cruise, Paul on check-in was great and Chris the bellman was super. As HHonors Gold we received complimentary continental breakfast and free Wi-Fi, two free mojitos, unfortunately the hotel was full, so we didn't get a room upgrade.

Our room was huge, it had a mini-kitchen, balcony that overlooked the city, however, like some other parts of the hotel, it was looking tired. For example the bathroom sink was badly cracked, skirting boards badly damaged, furniture showing its age and the bathroom fixtures tarnishing and rusting. It was what you might call 'faded glory'. The AirCon system in the room was also very noisy.

The breakfast that was offered was OK, definitely not the best hotel breakfast and certainly not the worst. We could upgrade from continental to hot breakfast, however, on both days we declined.

Now for my biggest gripe, the beach service. We decided to spend a day on the beach, after walking through the hotel grounds, past the not so pleasant rubbish skip, you reach the stunning Miami Beach, for Hilton guests a lounge chair is $10 per day, and an umbrella $10 per day. I don't understand why this isn't included in the room rate, this is not a cheap hotel. However, we knew there would be charges in advance, so we can't complain too much about this, I just think it's a bit mean on Hiltons part not to absorb the cost.

However the worst part of our beach day was the service, it was absolutely shocking. Firstly, ignore what the hotel says about a champagne service, after asking three times (which we don't like to do), in the space of probably 90 minutes, we received a tiny plastic glass of the most repulsive, warm, sweet sparkling something (I highly doubt it was champagne). When trying to buy lunch and additional drinks from the beach waiters, it was near impossible to find anyone, yet at the same time when back in the hotel pool area where the drinks come from, there seemed to be lots of staff members hanging around and taking drinks out to the beach. It was a bit odd. I have a feeling that they were serving regular/local/repeat guests as a priority, rather that hotel guests. I'm hoping this was a isolated incident, however, some of the guests around us were getting frustrated with the lack of service too. I would recommend coming prepared with your own food and drink.

The pool was clearly marked for Hilton guests, and required key card entry, not uncommon with other hotels, however, we saw non Hilton guests use the pool and showering facilities, simply because it's who you know (or tip). One lady was quite open about it, and regularly used the facilities after a day at the beach. Whilst this wasn't really an issue for us, the policy needs to be consistent for all as other beach goers were (quite rightly) being turned away.

Overall, if we were in Miami again, we wouldn't go back to the Bentley, there are plenty of other hotels. Reading back through Tripadvisor reviews, it looks like this property has been slowly declining in a number of ways over the past few years, I think the management needs to get a grip on the place, check out the beach service and refit/repair the rooms. It is worth noting, that there was work taking place on the penthouse floor, so perhaps this is the start of a room refit?

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DarrenTraveller
, General Manager at Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Thank you very much for your constructive feedback. Please accept my apologies for the service delay experienced at our beach club, ultimately affecting your overall experience. I am able to ascertain the date the service issue occurred, and I am now addressing the issue.

I am pleased to hear you were delighted with our location and our front of house service from Paul and Christophe. I have shared your kind sentiments with them.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to South Beach. Certainly, I hope you would agree from reviewing prior reviews, the service miscue experienced at our beach club was the exception.

Reviewers:

1.) The hotel does not charge a mandatory resort fee as is the case with many of our competitors. Rather, the hotel charges beach services at a discounted rate to our guests a la carte ($10.00 per chair, $10.00 per umbrella).

2.) The hotel is currently in the midst of completing a soft renovation to our room product.

3.) We very much value the loyalty of our HHonors Gold & Diamond Guests. All of our HHonors Gold & Diamond Guests receive complimentary champagne service at our Bentley Beach Club.

John Laclé- General Manager
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I stayed one night in this hotel and I wished I had booked for two nights. This hotel sits on the beach which was Perfect! The hotel whole staff and general manager was awesome! It's modern but relaxing at the same time. I love the location because it's not as busy and crowded as the south side of Ocean drive. This hotel appetizers were yummy and the happy hour was a plus. The lounge was nice with the options of seating inside/out. The whirlpool tub in my room did not have jacuzzi capability. It means the tub was wider and deeper than the average hotel room. The room included a balcony in which you CAN open and sit out on. Overall I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank 7RED_29
Thank you kindly for the warm sentiments. Our team makes the difference. Thank you for sharing your feedback of the hotel’s stellar location and the appetizers and cuisine of our award winning D Rodriguez Cuba. I certainly hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton Bentley, South Beach.

Thank you, John Lacle- General Manager