“Better than expected!”

Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach
Ranked #61 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Going to be brutally honest here...so this is a long one!)

Like most, you probably read other reviews that said the hotel is outdated among other less than perfect ratings. Well, let me dispel them for you!

Arrive with my spouse for a 5day/4night stay. Check in was quick and simple. The bellhop even walked us to our room, placing the bags and all. (Not expected, but a nice surprise) The room was clean, spacious with a grand view of the beach and city. While I had hoped to over look the beach, the room view was very refreshing. Day one, even had turn down service which was also a nice surprise. (Turn down service was night 1 only)

Day 2, the only reason why I did not rate a perfect stay. The room attendant came to the room pretty late, approximately 4:30ish. I asked for 20 mins before you started on our room and actually suggested she came after the next room. Well, when we got in 2:45am and noted that the room had not been serviced it was not fun at all to call down, request sheets and make our own room up. Prior to leaving, I actually told the front desk and the gentlemen got on the radio and spoke to someone, but the room was not cleaned that day. I reported the incident to the same person in the morning, as there was no follow up with management and was offered a comp. bottle of adult beverage of choice. For the record, didn't accept and chalked it up to language barrier between the maid and us. (I really need to brush up on my secondary language)

The rest of the stay went without a hitch. The beach is a very nice one with very clean water. There are beach butlers where you can get a set up with an umbrella, table(small) and chairs(lounge). It was very quiet during our stay 07/7-07/11/13. Everyone at the hotel was very friendly and helpful. Other than the maid incident on day 2, we have no complaints about the hotel.

Cameron Jones was very helpful and nice and even called our home saying he was sorry he didn't get a chance to tell us bye and hoped we enjoyed our stay, in which we did. If you encounter Cameron, he is very knowledgeable about the area and made great suggestions for eating out and getting around.

A few notes about the hotel itself: Although she is a little older in age, she is very pretty. While there are some cosmetic blemishes as described in other reviews, they are very minor in relation to the hotel. In fact while we were there, we noted that there was routine cleaning of the exterior, sidewalk and palm trees. Others noted noise from Nikki's Beach right next door, but it was not a bother to us at all. The room (815B) was clean, spacious, large shower and grand view of the beach (side window) and city (Balcony)

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Miami Beach. It is close to eateries and plenty other landmarks.

Until next time!

(To hotel management, I have a recommendation for your and other hotels that I would like to share with you regarding the use of technology and avoiding complications and scheduling of maid service and accommodations to guest.)

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong with rooms at this hotel. But from what I could see, the higher c...
2  Thank Swingman77

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Reserved this stay on Hiltons website first of all, the prices seem to be the same there or on the other websites so it made sence. The hotel is in two sections or towers, this is a little odd but non the less ok. I was in the West tower with a city view and I still had a good view of the beach as well so I was very happy about this.

As for quality of stay, EVERYONE was nice, compared to the tourist this was a good thing. The beach staff took great care to get us a good spot each day, the room was cleaned without any daily interuption and even the hotel staff took great care to be "hidden".

The concierge was very helpful to plan activities. See him within your first day to get things planned, this is a must if you have never been to Sobe

The ONLY thing I can express that was not 5 stars was the club next door could be heard at nite, but hey I went there too and can't complain too much... It was fun and is another review...

Room Tip: west tower city view is nice, the ones on the south side are on the side with the club. The north si...
1  Thank Jerryandchristine9
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My wife and I completed a 2 night stay at the Hilton Bentley Miami. The hotel, staff, rooms, pool, and beach are all amazing. The location is wonderful! One night 1 we walked north to all the restaurants/bars and watched the fireworks. On night 2, we stayed near the hotel and enjoyed a meal at the adjoining restaurant and had a great time. The Beach was one of the best I've ever experienced in Florida. Our stay would be perfect if it were not for damage to our rental car from the valet. We had just done a walk around inspection 2 hours prior to dropping off and the car was mint. When checking out, the car had a large half dollar size transfer of red paint on one of the doors. The valet claimed to have not done it, however I'm positive the damage was not there when dropping off as I had JUST done an inspection. It's one of those he-said-he-said situations, but since the car stayed in the garage during the duration, it's one of those situations where I'd be careful to not leave a car in the future. Great hotel, highly recommended, but don't leave your car with the valet!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank Jeff H
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We really like staying here. The location is great, The rooms are spacious and modern. The view either of the beach or the city is spectacular. The wild cars that come and go all of the time across the street at Prime One Twelve are incredibly entertaining. The beach is close and many restaurants are nearby. The valet's are very nice and helpful. The only issue is the Nicki Beach Club right next door. It is very loud. But the outdoor portion shuts down early so a good night sleep is no trouble.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank garythetraveler
Reviewed 7 July 2013

the hotel messed up our reservation, no need to elaborate on it. what i like is they took ownership of the mistake and made it as close to right as possible

i have been here before several times,so here is the cut and dry...

if you are facing the ocean great, if you are facing the street then sit and enjoy a drink and celebrity watch the folks arrive across the street at prime 112,, the room is clean , top floors allows sleep with the patio open ..housekeeping did due diligence and loved that when we walked in on her she was mopping down the floors..and made sure we had plenty of shampoo etc...

the pool;is a nice set up up if you are not a beach person... i on the other hand live on the beach... that being said, arrive, get your seat and when the server comes- practice patience as that is a long shlep to be dragging food back and forth from the hotel to the beach,,, mmmm great blackened chicken wrap by the way..

valet- i agree its a tight turn and a little hit or miss here, maybe they need to add a person to stay while the other person retrieves cars..but again.. in a world of instant gratification..lol..

the staff seem professional, clean uniforms and speak in elevators, hallway etc..

the hotel is located on the end of the madness of south beach..so its far enough for peace but close enouigh to walk down the strip and look around and come back..

eat in miami ? milo- three blocks down, prime 112 across the street and cafe martano short drive...

Room Tip: if you want quiet book on side away from nikki beach
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank row12
Reviewed 6 July 2013

My wife and I stayed 5 nights for a long 4th of July weekend babymoon on points. The hotel was great - very close to the beach, good beach club, a little off the main drag of Ocean Drive but close enough to walk. The only drawback to the hotel's location is that it's next to Nikki beach, an outdoor dance club. Starting early afternoon they play obnoxious, mind-numbing, stupid 'music', sometimes until 5am. This sort of ruins the idea of sitting quietly next to the pool and it even carries to the beach. Someone needs to shut the place down or make them put up a wall.

The hotel staff were nothing but friendly. Housekeeping was unpredictable, some days they got to your room at 10am and sometimes at 5, not sure why that is. Some other reviewers complained about costs, so here it is: valet parking, $35/day. Resort fee, $20/day. Now you know, don't complain about high fees after getting here. Expensive hotels have high fees, this one is no different. My recommendation: don't drive here, take a cab. And if you stay here on points, the resort fee is waived.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fraggable
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Really nice attentive staff. I was a little early and I knew that so all I wanted to do was to dump my bags and shuffle off for a long lunch on Ocean. Neatly taken care of and phone number handed over for when my room became ready. Duly got the call, collected key card and had some time poolside.
One observation (and no more than that) was that the poolside guys were very quick to help and bring stuff to families and couples, they were a little tardy in cleaning up. There was a load of finished drinks, plates and pizza dish poolside for, and I checked, 4 hours. Even then only one of the two tables was cleared. Minor really because it was quiet. If it had been busier and sun loungers in demand theyclear-away would have been far speedier.
Rooms lovely, fridge well-stocked with goodies. My bathroom was a little dated and the shower head badly needed a fresh round of PTFE tape to seal it at the connection to the feed, but I'm sure they took care if it because I mentioned it on my way out Wednesday. Receptionist wrote it down, so best it has been done.
I'm not sure about weekends though. I'd want to read more reviews about the noise from the big club next door. Maybe not the best place for July 4th holidaymakers to stay. Porta-potties being delivered means people. Means noise.
I'll be back again, no question, and soon.
Thanks Hilton guys and girls.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo