“Nice hotel in great location”

Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach
Ranked #60 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed for 6 nights in November. Upon our welcome we were greeted by the lovely French porter Christophe where we received an inviting welcome to the hotel. Throughout our whole stay he was extremely helpful and always took the time to talk to us and give us great tips on where to go and what to do, a fab guy. Our room was deluxe, upgraded upon arrival :-) the room was very spacious, partial ocean view and the bed so very comfy. Breakfast was good, plenty of choice and great omelette station, lovely and freshly made right in front of you. Being down on 1st and Ocean Drive we thought was perfect because you then have to walk up onto the main part of Ocean to get to the lively part. We liked that as we found a few hidden gems on our walks such as The Local House and Fogo De Chao, two great restaurants. Plus you can walk up the beach in the morning right up Ocean Drive which is so lovely, then walk back down Ocean on the sidewalk. For us the location was perfect and it made us explore more. Only thing I would have preferred was proper late check out facilities, the shower in the gym does not do it for me. There is one shower and no privacy to freshen up as it is a small area. We have stayed in many hotels and there has always been either a delegated room you can book for late check out freshen up or suitable specific facilities. But it did the job, I was just a but disappointed they let themselves down a bit by dropping the standard at the end of the stay that's all. Overall great location, good hotel, friendly staff, good breakfast and clean comfy rooms :-)

• Stayed: November 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,833)

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I am a Hilton Honors member with diamond status, so my room was upgraded and I had a very large, very nice balcony. The rooms were beautiful and that has to be the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on. The pool was very nice, with private cabannas around it and the beach was only a few feet away. This is an older hotel, though, and the view I had was not of the most beautiful part of Miami. If you do stay there, as for rooms in the newest, most recently renovated part of the hotel. These are the rooms that would offer a view of the ocean.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2013

From the moment I walked into this hotel, they were almost argumentative. In twenty years of traveling with business, this ranks at the bottom. Customer service was simply awful. I authorized no payments whatsoever on my credit card and they charged me bogus fees for drinks I never had and would never buy. I told the front desk I never have incidental fees, because I do not and it seemed this almost challenged them to "create" some for me. Integrity is gone and customer service a thing of the past in this overpriced hotel. There was not an immediate apology of my being inconvenienced by them, there was more of a mistakes can happen. Really??? these are a bit more than just mistakes...having someone take money from you when you have not authorized it and charging you for things you never took? This is what I call stealing and lying. I am sad to leave a bad review and have not left one anywhere in twenty years, so hopefully this will help someone not waste their money.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank l c
HiltonBentley, General Manager at Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry to hear that you had such an unfortunate experience. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. While holds for incidentals are a common industry practice, we regret the misunderstanding. If you would like to speak about your concerns in greater detail, please feel free to contact me directly.

Kind regards,

John Laclé, General Manager

Reviewed 8 November 2013

The hotel was a very pleasant experience. It was added on the end of a business trip to Miami where we stayed at another Hilton property. The front desk staff were friendly, helpful and professional. some of the best I have seen. Breakfast was nice. We ate outside by the pool. The buffet had all we needed and was prepared well. Dining staff were excellent and friendly. Just an overall very pleasant experience that hopefully I can repeat.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank loeeng
Reviewed 30 October 2013

You should infer from the title of this review that I am compelled by sheer virtue of the awesomeness of the hotel and it's staff that I must admit and confess it to be true. The Hilton Bentley was just a surprising treat.

Where do I begin...

Let's start with the physical property. It's on the "quiet" end of Ocean Drive (though our balcony was across from the famous Prime 112 restaurant - so there were many late night horn honking which I can't blame on the hotel). Also Nikki Beach was right next door which we enjoyed dancing on Sunday night. The rooms are large and clean with marble floors. HUGE windows with amazing views of either the city or the beach (or BOTH if you're lucky enough to land a corner room like us!)

Pool was AMAZING! Not that it needed it, but it was heated and just a perfect escape from the irritating jelly fish and brisk wind at the ocean. Being able to walk out the back gate and be ON the beach was also a nice treat.

BREAKFAST!!! As a Hilton Diamond breakfast buffet was included in the room and my oh my was that a real bonus! Fresh cooked eggs, potatoes, pancakes, french toast, oatmeal, tons and tons of fresh cut fruit, fresh juice, yogurt, pastries and of course cereal.

But I really need to get to the the best part of the hotel...THE STAFF! I have seen and experienced great customer service but I have NEVER seen customer service like this. They were attentive, always smiling, always saying "hi, how are mr...", and just seemed to make us feel like the world revolved around us. And that's only the beginning. We witnessed firsthand one of the worst human beings (if he even was one) on the planet treat the staff with so much contempt and disgust I couldn't believe what we were seeing. The guest from hell spoke cruelly to the bartender because he "touched his straw" so the bartender nicely and with a smile remade his drink and used a napkin to put a new straw in his drink.

On the beach, the same guest from hell demanded to be set up closest to the water even though the beach butler explained the seats were reserved for someone else. The guests demands that someone who can speak English (and while there was a little accent - butler's English was just fine). The guest continued to berate the butler and now the manager was there and they all smiled, were gracious and accommodated the jerk's request. When in the restaurant, the hostess was accompanying the same guest from hell to his table and the guest stops, turns and says, "I'm not a kid, I don't need you following me."

I mean...REALLY!?!?

Each time the staff remained not just poised, but gracious and smiling and I can't say this enough...these folks des ever medals for putting up with such nonsense!

okay...so what could be improved?

Need a mirror in the room - whether full length or something but it was not working trying to get ready for dinner and share the one mirror in the bathroom with my wife.
A little more storage in the bathroom for toiletries would be cool also...but really...these sound like nothing given the beauty, cleanliness of the property and the amazing staff.

See you all next year for sure!!!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the best!!!
2  Thank WindyCityFinest
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed here with points thinking it would be the ultimate end to a road trip around Florida, but came away a bit underwhelmed. Room was fine but nothing special. Bellman was great. Reception staff a bit offhand. Female bar tender was laughably bad. So an ok stay but nothing special and glad we did not pay full rate.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Recently my wife and I spent a week at this hotel. Debbie and her entire staff are wonderful. They treat us like family. Great location to beaches and the best restaurants in Miami. Because the hotel is many suites, there is plenty of room and some fantastic views of the ocean and the city of Miami.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts