“Disappointed”

Rio Station
Ranked #364 of 1,096 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: American, Brazilian
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Step into Rio Station Grill and you won't feel like you're in Miami Bach anymore. Our authentic Brazilian cuisine, drinks, and atmosphere makes you feel like you're sitting in Rio. You won't find food like this anywhere else in Miami Beach and you definitely won't find drinks at the prices we charge. Rio Station Grill offers up authentic Brazilian cuisine that is made with only the freshest ingredients. Our Pichnha is absolutely the thing to get when you come to Rio Station Grill, but don't worry we have tons of delicious options for those who aren't carnivorous. We also feature more than 200 beers and a full liquor bar that are sure to wet your whistle. For the most authentic Brazilian cuisine, look no further than Rio Station Grill, where our atmosphere encourages you to stick around for a while.
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I have never been so eager to write a review for all the wrong reasons. How can I put this delicately... I can't. Albeit the food wasn't terrible (Just OK), the service I received was sub standard. It takes a lot to drive me to write a poor review but the waitress in this case (Tatiana) ruined my afternoon. I have a 10%, 15%, 20%, 30% rule on tipping. 10% when service is bad, 15% for normal service, 20% when i believe the service was great, and 30% when its outstanding. This time I went with 0%. What made it worse is that a service charge was added to the check that the waitress TOLD me was not part of the tip, according to her it was part of the restaurants regular charge. I left it at that and paid my bill without further discussion because all i wanted was to get out. Furthermore, the picanha for two came with a small portion of rice that could hardly serve one. I asked what would the rice for one be like, and she explained that since the picanha for 2 was a little cheaper than two individual picanha servings that is all I would get. I promptly ordered more rice. Advice... stay away.

1 Thank frankiebrina

“HORRIBLE!!”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The service was terrible, the food was ok and on top of all of that there was a freakin fly in my food!!!! Just disgusting! DO NOT EAT THERE!

Mooloolaba, Australia
“Could be better”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Drinks were cheap which lured u in. The steak was nice but I have to say don't ever go for the chicken stroganoff it was terrible and cold. The waiter was very apologetic and resolved the temperature issue. Pity the chicken was still bad!

Michigan
“Happy hour 2 for 1 is deceitful!”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Except for the outdoor seating, this place us a rip off ! The advertised 2 for 1 drink specials for happy hour means the same person has to drink both drinks to get the 2nd free. The calamari appetizers were dry and overbooked and crunchy to the point that the calamari rings were orange and crunchy ! When we complained to the waitress, she said the calamari were fresh. They also charged us $1 each for tap water that they put in a canister on the table! Will never go back there. There are far better restaurants at Lincoln Road mall with nice outdoor seating, great food wonderfully priced and true happy hour specials.

• Visited February 2014
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Could be better. Poor service.”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

It is a great location, so we thought we would have a good service at least. But for our surprise, it was awful. We ordered some appetizers and drinks. It was a happy hour time. The food took forever to come. We did not get plates and silverware, the coke and water took forever to come. We ordered calabreza sausage with onions, but there were no onions.
Good things: The portion of chicken coxinha was very delicious, and the caipirinha was very tasty with a nice special happy hour price.
Please, make sure you hire better servers and give us a better service.

• Visited December 2013