“Its a modern cozy hotel with a luxury feel”
Review of Gale South Beach

Gale South Beach
Ranked #52 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Its a modern cozy hotel with a luxury feel”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Service when checking in was amazing they upgraded me as a gift for no reason at all!! The room was really spacious and black blue and white serine theme. There was a beautiful terrace as well bringing in a lot of sunlight into the room, the only small problem is the hall ways are freezing!! But on a good note the air conditioning works really well. The bathrooms are open to the room so would be nice on a honeymoon. All in all loved the hotel and would recommend it

• Stayed October 2013
Anamaria T, Manager at Gale South Beach, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear hudaalghannam,

The title of your review summarizes perfectly what the Gale is all about, coziness in a luxurious boutique hotel topped with stellar customer service. We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed the complimentary upgrade and we hope to have the chance to welcome you back next time you are visiting South Beach.

Ana.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This hotel is a beauty, from the exterior to the interior. The staff was very accommodating to my every need. Each day I was greeted with fresh new smiles...from the doorman to front desk staff to the concierge.

Upon my arrival I was upgraded to a corner room and oh my it was awesomeness and heaven rolled into one! My personal terrace was pimped out to the max (lol). I wasn't sure if I wanted to sleep outside on the terrace or in the bed. The design of the room and hotel was classic and regal rolled into one.

The bedding didn't just look gorge! it was comfortable as well with 600 thread count sheets I slept like a baby.

The location was perfect. Its only steps away from Lincoln Rd and not far from the beach at all. The rooftop pool was an oasis all by itself, so relaxing and inviting.

I didn't like the rain shower because not everyone shampoo's their hair daily (dries my hair out) and the additional shower head against the wall was placed too high, since I'm only 5'3 the water would still land on the top of my head and wet my hair, so I had to hold it in my hand.

This hotel was fat free, low cal and left no bad after taste whatsoever. lol

I would...will definitely stay again. #LOVETHEGALE

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Taulease B
Dear Taulease B,

On behalf of the entire Gale Team, I would like to thank you for posting this great review! We are thrilled you had such a great time with us. You couldn’t be more right on your detailed description of our terrazzo room. Very often our Guests are tempted to take a quick nap on the terrace given its comfortable furniture and privacy. We hope you are planning your next trip to Miami already so do not hesitate to contact us at galeguest@meninhotels.com to make all the arrangements #COMEBACKSOON.

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Great location
Superb customer service
Rooms were lovely and clean
Had our own little balcony with sofa etc
The pool on top level was cool with the towel man and the bar man very helpful and talkative
The guys down on the beach were also very friendly and helpful when we went down for the sun loungers..
We were a couple from the UK and it was first time visit.. If we visit again we will definitely stay here.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Anamaria T, Manager at Gale South Beach, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Brett D,

Greeting from Miami to UK! Thank you for being our Guests and we hope to welcome you back on your next visit. I am glad to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us especially the terrazzo room and the rooftop pool. It is very nice you took advantage of the resort fee and enjoyed sometime at the beach. K17 Beach Club is welcoming the Gale Guests daily and I am excited to share this review with them.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed three times over the last couple of months while on route to and from Miami.

All of the hotel staff I came into contact were all so welcoming and helpful; my stay was extra special by the attention I received from Jonnell (Front Desk), Rafael (Concierge), and Clyde (Bar/Restaurant). I felt at ease hanging out here on my own, though I would also use this for group stays with friends.

Interiors have been refurbished with care and consideration, staff uniforms look great too. The bar and restaurant both offer a great selection of classic Italian food and creative cocktails.

I didn't even get to venture to the roof pool by day or down to the Rec Room club by night... Next time!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear Michael K,

It is always great to hear from our repeat Guests. Thank you for choosing us time after time, we hope to remain your home away from home for years to come. I look forward to sharing this review with Jonnell, Rafael and Clyde as they will be very happy to being recognized for their outstanding service. We are already excited to welcome you back soon and please do check out our pool and Rec Room, I can assure you won’t be disappointed!

Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed 11 October 2013

My first trip to South Beach, I entrust a friends judgment, which resulted in subpar accommodations. So, after staying in that seedy hotel, I decided to do extensive research for this trip. On this occurrence, I was visiting for a wedding, I reserved a room with 2 beds for my sister and I. On the day of check in I received a phone call from one of the manager asking if he could upgrade us to once of the king suite. I didn’t have an issue with that, its been a while since I’ve slept in the same bed with my sister but….whatever. Once we arrived, we were definitely pleased with are accommodations. We had a huge bathroom, full balcony with a living set and a cabana. The only issue (if you want to call it that) we had was the lighting was poor at night, so get dressed and doing makeup for Miami nightlife was a little difficult. The other issue was the hotel offered beach towels and chair, but there were located at a hotel located 3 blocks away.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear she_so_classy,

I am glad your unfortunate experience on your first trip to South Beach didn’t stop you from visiting the area again and led you to Gale. The upgrade you received was to one of our Grande rooms which indeed have a large terrace fully furnished allowing the Guests to relax and enjoy the beautiful sunny days of Miami in the privacy of their room. Thank you for your honest feedback regarding the challenges you encountered due to the lighting in the room’s bathroom. We will definitely look into solutions to provide to all the ladies who need extra lighting at night time. We hope you and your sister will visit us again in the future.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 10 October 2013

My husband and I were on a 2 week vacation and spent 4 nights at the Gale in the middle of our trip. WOW, what a beautifully renovated hotel. The lobby is very hip, the rooms are beautiful and the location is perfect. We could walk to Lincoln Road and visit any restaurant that you can imagine. During the day, the beach is one block away. A few block north on the beach is an area for the Gale guests to use lounge chairs and umbrellas. This was perfect since the weather was hot and sunny. We did not eat in the hotel restaurant but did sample their deserts. They were excellent. The hotel room we had was a corner room with a curved window. Plenty of natural light. The king bed was very comfy and the bedding and towels were very soft. A,large rain shower enclosed in glass was ideal. On our next trip to South Beach, the Gale will be our destination.

Room Tip: Room 204 has a curved window with a great view of Collins ave.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Ellen P,

Thank you for this great review. We are flattered by your compliments on our recent renovation. In addition to the hip décor as you called it, our location is indeed unbeatable. Gale Guests can walk pretty much anywhere in South Beach as we are conveniently located on Collins Avenue and 17th street, one block away from Lincoln and the beach and just a few blocks away from Ocean Drive. I am very happy to hear you took advantage of our beach services over at K17 Beach Club. We look forward to your return visit!

NYC
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stayed at The Gale this past weekend for my bachelorette party, and it wildly exceeded any expectations I and my friends had. Asking people to travel for a special event is always a little nerve-wracking - you want them to have a wonderful weekend even if the weekend is in your honor, especially with all the money and time they spend getting there. Luckily, we chose the Gale, and every single friend had an amazing, relaxing and wonderful time, with most checking rates on when they could come back for a weekend (I got back last night and have already booked another stay).

First, design - the hotel is very clean and new, with beautiful wood floors, old pictures and postcards everywhere, beautiful marble bathrooms, comfortable beds and so forth. I stayed in the Signature Terrazzo, and it was amazing. A couch, two chairs, a sun bed, a table and chairs - lounging outside with my friends with a few drinks was such a fun bonus. If you want to spring for the terrace it's so worth the extra dollars.

Second, food and drink - get the espresso martini in the Gale's Dolce Restaurant before going to dinner. WOW. It blew our socks off, and we all squeezed in a second one before we left for dinner. All in all, the bartenders at Dolce were amazing and made incredible drinks, most off the top of their head. It's a great place for a nightcap or to kick off the night. Secondly, the Regent Bar in the back of the hotel. It's very low-key, romantic, and old school. A couple of my friends stayed up later the first night and had a delicious drink there, when a customer got up and played happy birthday for his friend on the piano in the bar. After this, the bar egged him on to play more songs. He obliged and it became a big sing along. One of those random, special, awesome moments, which seem to happen more often at the Gale. Lastly, the Gale's restaurant, Dolce. We went there for breakfast twice so we could get to the beach/catch flights. While it won't blow your socks off, the omelets were fluffy, the croissants were buttery, and the parfaits were sweet. A great and quick alternative to wandering around tryig to find another place for breakfast.

Lastly - service. I have always loved Miami due to the friendly and happy people who populate their city, especially in the service industry. But the Gale, again, takes it to another level. All smiles, super helpful - the staff at the beach club made us mimosas because the front desk called and told them a bachelorette party was coming, Demetri at the pool brought us fresh water continuously, and always stopped by to see if we needed another margarita. The front desk was so friendly and helpful - when we left to go to the airport, instead of securing a few cabs they miraculously found a 12-passenger van, which was their idea and is the epitome of amazing service - always thinking of solutions for the client that they don't know exist. I mean...there are no words to describe how wonderful and meaningful they made the weekend. I would have had an amazing weekend - I was with all my best friends - but the Gale took it above and beyond. It was humbling, it was special, and I am truly, truly grateful for their kindness and amazing service. I have already booked a trip back in January to show my new husband my favorite new place - thank you to all the staff at the Gale from the bottom of my heart. You made our weekend amazing, and we are truly grateful. -- Colleen

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Colleen,

This is amazing! I couldn’t be happier to find out your so special weekend was transformed into a memorable experience here at the Gale. Our Team members are trained to cater to each Guest’s needs and preferences and I am very glad they managed to accomplish that for you and all your friends. I must agree with you on the espresso martini at Dolce…one cannot have enough of those, they are beyond delicious! Thank you for being our Guest and we are thrilled to have you back in January! Wishing you all the best on your upcoming wedding!