“Always a gem in South Beach” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gale South Beach

Gale South Beach
Ranked #54 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Always a gem in South Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

I come to Miami a lot for work. Honestly my work is a lot of fun and The Gale suits me perfectly. The location is brilliant as is the staff. The rooms are lovely, clean and modern. Dining at Dolce is superb and it's hard to beat the cocktails coming from The Regent the party coming from The Rec Room. I'm looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Anamaria T, Manager at Gale South Beach, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear ppepperdine,

We truly appreciate your kind words regarding our hotel and our staff. Dolce Italian is definitely a favorite among tourists as well as locals. My personal favorite is the Contadina Pizza and the Foie Gras Duck Raviolis, I could have either one for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Come back for some more Gale fun soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

I selected The Gale because of its proximity to the convention center and restaurants within walking distance. The charming, retro style helped me look past the compact rooms, which are equipped with places for extra storage and pop-up closets. Those points are great, but the reason I'll stay again is because of the friendly, helpful crew that keeps The Gale in top shape.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear FatimahAmeerah,

There is no greater reward for us than to be recognized for our amazing staff and their exceptional customer service skills. Our Team Members are indeed the engine that keeps the Gale in shape and we couldn't create all the wonderful stays without them. Thank you for taking the time to write this review, it means a lot to the Gale Team.
Aspen, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

I was with a group of 6 girls and we recently visited South Beach and stayed at the Gale. Our experience at the hotel as wonderful. The amenities, staff, and cleanliness of the hotel definitely met our expectations. We loved the roof-top pool and bar area. The rooms were great and more than one of us said, "these mattresses are amazing!" I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is coming to SB who is looking for a nice and pleasant atmosphere.

Room Tip: the signature double is best for 2 friends.
Dear mfgtraveler,

It has been a pleasure hosting you and your girlfriends at the Gale Hotel. We are glad you have enjoyed your stay with us and got to truly relax in our comfortable beds. The rooftop is the perfect place to lay out while enjoying the ocean views and sipping on the delicious cocktails from the pool deck bar. We hope you will visit us again soon and when you do please email us at galeguest@meninhospitality.com to make all the arrangements.
Woodbridge, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Located in the heart of Miami this hotel provides a clean, upscale and very comfortable stay. It is very modern and definitely one of the best. Shopping and restaurants around the corner. Pool is small, but beach is across the street. Nights are quiet in this hotel, but the sleep is great. Comfortable mattresses and accommodating staff.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Anamaria T, Manager at Gale South Beach, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear daniella95,

We are happy to hear you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay at the Gale Hotel and you are ready to return. Our goal is to meet all our Guests's expectations at all levels and it is great to hear about your experience. We look forward to your next visit!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I can't begin to say enough wonderful things about my recent stay at The Gale Hotel. Everything was perfect, from the location to the staff to the room size. I go to South Beach every year and moving forward, will only be staying with The Gale.

The rooms are perfect size for two, I was there with my husband celebrating a birthday. The Hotel Management went above and beyond to ensure our stay was perfect.

I especially enjoyed the complimentary champagne rounds everyday around 5:30pm, such a classy touch.

The pool bar food was excellent, highly recommend the fish tacos, the best I've ever had.

I will absolutely be back, looking forward to my next trip! Thank you Gale Hotel!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KLT55
Dear KLT55,

This is amazing! We are honored that you have picked the Gale Hotel to spend such a special moment as your birthday. Our team always tries their best to create memorable experiences for our Guests and it makes me very happy we managed to accomplish that with you. We look forward to your future visits and rest assured we will have plenty of champagne ready for you!
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Just got back from a one-night stay at The Gale for a sisters' night out in South Beach. This is a beautiful hotel with a very cool retro vibe and just steps from Lincoln and the beach. Luis Z. at the front desk took great care of my sister and I. He even texted to find out if we had everything we needed. Truly excellent service. I do caution you on the use of the 4th floor bar. The bartender didn't seem to notice me standing at the bar and trying to get his attention, even though there were only three people there. Eventually left without service. Despite that, I give the rest of the staff my compliments! I would choose this hotel again.

1 Thank Laura C
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

What is a great hotel, if it is not comfortable, clean, and accommodating? The Gale was all of these things and more. Check-in was a breeze with friendly staff to assist with the process. The bellman was right there with the cart to handle my luggage and the multitude of elevators meant no waiting to get to my room and get situated.

The hotel itself is modern while staying true to the art-deco nature that is the essence of South Beach. The modern floors and interesting pictures and furniture throughout the hotel provided a great environment with a lot to see. Even for a small hotel, it still had three bars and a restaurant., All three bars were staffed with excellent and knowledgeable bartenders, capable of making the common tropical beverages as well more obscure ones, all to perfection. The food in the hotel was also very good.

For South Beach this time of year, the room was affordable. I found the room, like the rest of the hotel, to be well maintained. Maid service was always doing their job. But in the best of ways, you almost didn't even notice they were there. Coming back to the room to find clean towels, the bed made, and refreshed soaps and shampoos, meant not having to call to ask for anything. That said, when you did call, for ice or something else, it was there within minutes.

The best part about this hotel was the concierge staff. Gili and Ryan were both incredibly helpful and knowledgeable about local restaurants and nightlife. It was my birthday weekend, and I had a bunch of people in town to celebrate, and they were helpful in making sure both myself and my guests were well taken care of.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone coming to South Beach. You can spend twice as much going to the Loews or W, and you may get bigger amenities, but you will lose out on the quaint and comfortable nature of a smaller, boutique hotel such as the Gale.

Lastly, I was on the 3rd and 4th floor, and I did hear the faint sounds of the club in the basement, but it was not disruptive to my sleep or my enjoyment.

Room Tip: Upgrading to one of the larger rooms and a higher floor will give you more space to spread out. and...