“Great boutique hotel, but that club shakes the rooms at night”
Review of Gale South Beach

Gale South Beach
Ranked #53 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Loved this boutique hotel, style and staff were great. All good, food and rooms too. Loved it. Morning staff for breakfast a bit slow and sleepy when i was there, perhaps an off weekend. Ha. The BIG problem in this hotel is that the cool club downstairs goes all night and the walls vibrate with the beat till at least 3 am. I called twice to complain and they offered me ear plugs ! I was on the 2nd floor for your info, if you plan to stay here, then make sure they guarantee you the upper floors !!! Again great hotel and pool, but if you want to sleep before 3 am be on a top floor or don't stay here. It really makes me question, would i come back and stay here again. Hmmm

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael R
Anamaria T, Manager at Gale South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Michael R.,

Thank you for your honest feedback on your recent stay at the Gale. We are pleased to hear you liked our hotel's style and decor and enjoyed our staff. We apologize for the noise inconvenience created by the Rec Room. As mentioned in previous review responses, we are working on minimizing the bass levels by adding new sound equipment. On your next visit please contact us at galeguest@meninhospitality.com and will make sure to reserve a quiet room for you.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We choose the Gale Sobe for our stay on our girls trip to Miami to celebrate my 40th birthday. I must admit it exceeded my expectations on every level.

Our impressions of The Gale’s standards were set high from the moment we walked in the door to check in. This hotel has the most amazing comfortable beds, and the linens were of exceptional quality.

The attention we received from the front desk staff, bellmen, bartenders and room staff was far beyond what I would have expected.

The staff went out of their way to make us feel like we were part of their extended family. Individual thanks goes to Ryan for getting Heat tickets, Gili for the welcoming bottle of wine, and Morris for taking excellent care of us when we needed it.

The crowning jewel of this hotel is the roof top pool, the water was clear, clean and warm; it was, without a doubt our favorite spot to spend our time when we were at the hotel.

The location is amazing, just minutes away from anything you could imagine you need, clubs, shopping, beach, amazing dining or just a great place to people watch from.

It was my first time to South Beach, but I can say with 100% certainty that when I return, The Gale will be the hotel I choose.

Gili, Jose, Simone, Morris, Alex, Leonardo, Estabaun, Adriana, Ryan, Luis, Jose, Luis, thank you so much for making my birthday trip so memorable, and showing me how wonderful South Beach is and I can’t wait to see you all again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Cheryl B,

Wow! This is amazing! It is reviews like yours that put a big smile on my face and make me so proud of the wonderful team here at the Gale! I cannot wait to share this review with all of them as I know for sure they will be so happy to hear you have had such a great experience as our Guest. Thank you for taking the time to share this with everyone and we are looking forward to welcome you back. Happy 40th Birthday from all of us here at the Gale once again!!!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We went there on a quick one night stay, the room was magnificent, clean and comfy.
The staff super friendly and helpful, the restaurant had a great vibe and the food was good. There is also a bar with a sultry/classy atmosphere that you are going to love.

The rooftop pool is beautiful, with amazing views, and the pool bar is serving great cocktails.
The Location is near the beach, and near shopping Lincoln Rd, so it's perfect.

Room Tip: We got a good rate for the room thru Jetsetter.com
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear EmmanThibo,

The title of your review perfectly describes what the Gale stands for. We are an Art Deco boutique hotel located in the heart of South Beach and our goal is to create memorable experiences for all our Guests. We are very pleased to hear you have had an enjoyable stay. We hope you will visit us again on your next trip.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We moved to this hotel after a horrible experience at another hotel. The people that worked here were very nice, good location and the rooms were nice looking and clean. We were upgraded to rooms with balconies which was nice, the rooms were simple and modern and did I mention clean!! We come to Miami beach every year for a convention and will differently consider this hotel for our stay next year.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Anamaria T, Manager at Gale South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear rebcgo,

We are sorry your initial experience in South Beach hasn't been the best but happy that the circumstances brought you to the Gale Hotel. Whether the purpose of your trip is leisure or business for conventions, we are located in the heart of it all, walking distance to the ocean as well as the Convention Center. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I come to Miami a lot for work. Honestly my work is a lot of fun and The Gale suits me perfectly. The location is brilliant as is the staff. The rooms are lovely, clean and modern. Dining at Dolce is superb and it's hard to beat the cocktails coming from The Regent the party coming from The Rec Room. I'm looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear ppepperdine,

We truly appreciate your kind words regarding our hotel and our staff. Dolce Italian is definitely a favorite among tourists as well as locals. My personal favorite is the Contadina Pizza and the Foie Gras Duck Raviolis, I could have either one for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Come back for some more Gale fun soon!

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I selected The Gale because of its proximity to the convention center and restaurants within walking distance. The charming, retro style helped me look past the compact rooms, which are equipped with places for extra storage and pop-up closets. Those points are great, but the reason I'll stay again is because of the friendly, helpful crew that keeps The Gale in top shape.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear FatimahAmeerah,

There is no greater reward for us than to be recognized for our amazing staff and their exceptional customer service skills. Our Team Members are indeed the engine that keeps the Gale in shape and we couldn't create all the wonderful stays without them. Thank you for taking the time to write this review, it means a lot to the Gale Team.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I was with a group of 6 girls and we recently visited South Beach and stayed at the Gale. Our experience at the hotel as wonderful. The amenities, staff, and cleanliness of the hotel definitely met our expectations. We loved the roof-top pool and bar area. The rooms were great and more than one of us said, "these mattresses are amazing!" I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is coming to SB who is looking for a nice and pleasant atmosphere.

Room Tip: the signature double is best for 2 friends.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear mfgtraveler,

It has been a pleasure hosting you and your girlfriends at the Gale Hotel. We are glad you have enjoyed your stay with us and got to truly relax in our comfortable beds. The rooftop is the perfect place to lay out while enjoying the ocean views and sipping on the delicious cocktails from the pool deck bar. We hope you will visit us again soon and when you do please email us at galeguest@meninhospitality.com to make all the arrangements.