Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$317
US$307
US$318
US$295
US$408
US$284
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$345/night.

Mondrian South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$173
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
US$347
US$323
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$281
US$272
  • Pool
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$235
US$215
  • Pool
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
US$310
US$284
US$414
US$375
1,910 results
All reviewsrooftop pooldolce restaurantcocktail clubkaskades suitessouth beachboutique hotellincoln roadresort feesister hotelbeach accessrooms are smallthe location is perfectmini barart decoper dayhappy houran umbrella
Reviewed 29 April 2014

What a wonderful little boutique hotel! Even though it's on one of the busiest streets in Miami, somehow it felt tucked away and remote when you stepped inside. Everything is pretty much brand new when you step inside - nice, cool, and quiet. The room we had was great; hands down the most comfortable bed and pillow I've ever experienced in a hotel. The only downside was that our huge bay window faced the neighboring hotel, which meant that people could see straight into our room if we wanted to open the window.

Staff was all very pleasant and very helpful. We had a bit of a snafu Saturday night when realizing our 9pm resi wasn't really a reservation, so we called the concierge Luis for another restaurant reco. He instantly recommended another restaurant right around the corner; we went and had a lovely time, so THANKS LUIS!

Cons - Dolce is their connected restaurant. While good, the wait staff wasn't that great. We had to intercept our server anytime we wanted something. That was the only time we were somewhat disappointed. Other than that, wonderful! Would highly recommend staying here and will stay again should I go back for another visit.

Thank you Gale South Beach!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Overall not the best hotel I've ever stayed at but not the worst... very cute design and great location but lacking big time in the service department - especially when it comes to the maid service.

I walked into my room for the first time to find a used magic eraser on the floor and long curly black hair all over the bathroom area - floor and vanity - and I have blonde straight hair! It grossed me out. I notified them right away but were fully booked and couldn't move me to another room. I said please make sure this gets cleaned thoroughly and they assured me it would. Well when I came back to my room it was more clean but not fully. It was disgusting actually. The carpet area around the bed wasn't vacuumed properly and surfaces not wiped.

The valet was a whole other story. We asked for the car one morning through front desk and went out an hour later and wasn't there. They said front desk hadn't notified them. Very frustrating. We had to wait another 20 mins just to get it from that point.

Other than that it was overall OK - nice rooftop pool area and welcoming entry lobby. Friendly concierge staff...however will stay somewhere else next time I visit!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jaclyn G
Anamaria T, Manager at Gale South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Jaclyn G ,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback regarding your experience at the Gale Hotel. It is very disappointing to hear that we have failed to meet your expectations in certain areas. I would like to assure you this is definitely not the standard at the Gale and will make sure to address all the shortcomings with the appropriate departments. Our goal is to make all our Guests want to come visit us again. Please contact me directly at ats@meninhospitality.com and I guarantee your next stay will be one to remember.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Over the top service and help. Everything, inside and out, was clean and beautiful. The location couldn't have been better. It was a block from the beach and a block from all shopping and restaurants. If I every visit South Beach again I'm staying at the Gale Hotel!!

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear jswagner,

This is great! We are looking forward to your next visit, please contact us at galeguest@meninhospitality.com to ensure the best rates as a repeat Guest. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Ana.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I'm typing this review on the lovely terrace of the Gale Hotel's Room 401, overlooking Collins Avenue, with a view of the ocean and such classic architecture as the Delano, the National and the Ritz Plaza (directly across the street). There's a lovely breeze cooling the sea-smelling air and the curtains of our daybed/cabana are moving along with the leaves of the potted lime sharing the c. 15'x15' marble-floored verandah with a comfy sofa, chairs and a coffee table (provided with an ashtray handy for a cigar on this otherwise smoke-free property). (No pets, either, BTW.) Life is good.

The Gale is a cozy boutique hotel - better than just fine. The building and furnishings are spotless, in nice shape and pay graceful homage to the Art Deco theme of the district, the AC works and the hallways are kept frosty cold (appreciated when one steps off a muggy afternoon street), the rooftop pool is nicely thought-out (tho utterly devoid of shade - watch yourself). WiFi is strong and free (tho a teensy bit of a hassle, requiring a daily log-in). The smaller rooms (e.g., my aunt's Signature Terrace) are a bit cramped and don't have extra seating; the larger ones (like our Signature Grande) have a couple small seats (no desk) and a small table. There's not a lot of storage space (a small closet in the Grande - you'll want to pull the luggage rack out from under the bed and utilize the small linen bin that's under there, too) and the hotel takes up some of the flat area with a big tray of souvenir stuff you might want to buy. Nice robes are provided - there's no iron, but a provided steamer works surprisingly well.

The sleep quality was terrific - the rooms are well insulated from sound (while some of the louder Collins Avenue noises intruded, it was no big deal) and the bed is super-comfortable. The shower was fine, though the bathroom lighting was hilariously unflattering. (As you've no doubt read: there is a slider separating the commode from the bedroom in the smaller Signature Terrace rooms, a full door separates the bathroom from the bedroom in the larger Signature Grande rooms. There is a vent fan in the bathrooms.) A small, fully stocked fridge (not weight sensitive - feel free to stock your own stuff, said the bell guy), a safe and two really comfy robes (better than those at much more expensive places) round it out. Natural light everywhere, and lots of it (from the big windows, with easy-to-use and nice looking shades). When closed up, the room is totally dark, encouraging you to sleep late.

(Recommendation: if you're more traditional and maybe less hip to the idea of small boutique hotels, spare yourself trauma and book a Signature Grande room. The Signature Terrazo rooms are on the small side - but at least have a terrace.)

The location is terrific. We were concerned about not staying directly on the beach (where we've stayed on prior trips to South Beach and Bal Harbour), but found that it's faster and easier to cruise out the door of the Gale and pop a straight shot across at the light to the beach than it is to weave out through the pool and gates and clutter of the beachfront properties where we've stayed (I'm particularly talking to you, Lowe's . . . ). It's also closer to the Collins Road dining, the shopping/activity of Lincoln Road, etc., and convenient for cabs/buses to Bal Harbour shops - or to Downtown/Brickell. In our experience, the Gale's location is kinda perfect - not what we would have _guessed_, but what we found to be the case.

We found Gale's service to be mostly pretty darned great: most of the people we encountered couldn't seem happier to help with whatever we might have needed. The front desk, the bell staff, the pool bar people - they were fabulous. We try hard to be polite and understanding and tip well, but the friendly spirit was there up front, before any of these things. Nice work.

I can't be as delighted with the housekeeping staff: they were friendly and ultimately did a nice job, but some seemed either overscheduled, new to the job, or somewhat confused/disorganized. Room service was really late a couple days (the second turn-down visit isn't too handy when the initial cleaning was only an hour before) and there were some communication difficulties. Now, I hate to be critical here and I don't want any apologies or, Heaven forbid, repercussions: this is no big deal - everyone has to learn as they go, and it's a hard job. And some housekeepers we encountered were really efficient. But, this _is_ a review, and I can't honestly say that we found the overall housekeeping service was quite up to what we'd usually find in a boutique hotel of this sort. Well-meaning, sure: "on it?," maybe not so much.

Management sent an unintrusive text message a day or two after we'd arrived, asking if everything was going well and whether there was anything they could do for us. I mentioned that the latch to the patio door was in the late stages of breaking and that the hot/cold dial on the shower was coming off. Moments later, an engineer sprinted to the room. Nice - more evidence of caring management service. Oh, and while I've been typing this, I've just received another text asking for feedback on our stay. Nice.

(Now, for what it's worth, the staffs at Dolce and the Regent Cocktail Club - located in the Gale, but apparently not under the same management - were a little rockier. About 1/4 of these workers we encountered were really great, 1/4 were indifferent, and 1/2 were, frankly, pretty jerky (ignoring the only customers until approached). No big deal - it happens . . . but it's not the sort of service one would expect for the tariff and ZIP code. I mention this only because people staying at the Gale might want to know: this does not reflect on my high opinion of the Gale itself.)

(Another aside: I'd think twice before bringing small kids to the "grown up"-feeling Gale. I saw several families with small kids - all well behaved - but watched one running girl slip and fall on the marble steps, nailing her shin pretty good. She and her mom handled it well, but there aren't soft edges in the lovely decor of the Gale. While they seem to love the pool and the easy beach access, I'd personally hold off till the kids were a little older.)

The Gale itself? A solid four stars: my wife agrees we'd love to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you like space, seriously think about springing for the Signature Grande.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Anamaria T, Manager at Gale South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Erich505,

Simply amazing! Thank you for this detailed review and the wonderful comments. We feel truly happy to have met your expectations during your recent stay. We appreciate your honest feedback and rest assured we will address all areas that need improvement to match a clear 5 star experience. On behalf of the Gale Team, we are all looking forward to your next visit.

Ana.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Fab location - for beach and Lincoln road. Lovely room - compact (though not much space for unpacking) and clean, comfy bed and good shower. Friendly and helpful reception, bellhop and concierge (small downside was restaurant staff a little stand-offish and service was slow but not enough to affect the rating), cocktail bar great but a bit pricey. Transparent 25 dollar charge for beach (non- negotiable even though we did not use these facilities, however do get 15 dollars off drinks/food but confirm what this includes (not minibar)). Fab rooftop pool and views. Atmospheric decor. All in all had a great stay and would choose the Gale again and recommend.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear traatki,

Thank you for choosing the Gale South Beach on your recent visit to Miami and for taking the time to write this review. We are happy to hear you have enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be helpful and friendly. Will definitely share your impression of the restaurant staff with their managers as our goal is to provide a seamless experience to all our Guests. We hope you will return soon.

Ana