“Hidden Gem!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Gale South Beach
Ranked #54 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Hidden Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Gale Hotel is a hidden gem! The rates are incredible for the location and the luxury this hotel offers. Gili was incredibly helpful and followed up consistently to make sure everything was ok. I have no complaints at all, and I am picky. Room was squeaky clean, and service was top notch. Location couldn't be any better. Just a few steps from the beach, and a short walk from Lincoln road, night life, and the Fillmore. I will definitely be staying here again.

1 Thank JS3055

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Everything was Excellent!!!! Customer service, clubs, food, drinks, pool, staff, location, cleanliness, hospitality....excellent!!! Impatiently waiting for our next visit!!! I highly recommend this hotel!!!

Thanks Again!!!!

Thank eternallybeauti... .
St.Louis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I would stay at the Gale again. It is a great location and the staff is friendly and accommodating. The rooms are small and the restaurant variety could be better, but it is in close proximity to other restaurants. Very nice option for a boutique hotel!

Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

My son suggested this hotel for us. The online reservations were simple. Better rates through their web site! Arrived to helpful valet service.I was impressed with this place as soon as i walked in.Colorful walls, nice pictures and nice wooden floors. The staff here greeted you every where on the property with a smile.Check in was easy. I had an room upgrade that they could not honor the first night , but was honored the next three evenings. We hung out by the pool as our room was being cleaned. I received text updates and was handed over new room passes at the pool. That was easy! Our room was on the third floor with a terrace! Its an upgrade but you will enjoy it! . Bigger room, king size bed and a outdoor comfortable area to relax! The pool area being on the roof is relaxing and beautiful. The pool side service was right on top of things.I do have to make a note to the room attendants, as they often go unnoticed. They women always looked professional in their "southern" dresses and very personable. Nice touch!The location of this hotel was great. Walking distance to lincoln rd, ocean drive and the beach. I have to say overall stay was excellent.! Look forward to coming back ! I might have to check out new gale property being built across the street.

Room Tip: Higher floors with the terrace are very nice!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank g k
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Traveling by myself for several days thanks to some unexpected time off work... Have stayed at Delano & Shore Club several times, but was looking for something less expensive, and what a great option this turned out to be! Spacious, clean, free internet... but there were so many unexpected things that made this a great stay. 1) bar/restaurant food @ Dolce was amazing, i ate just about everything on the menu and loved it all 2) rooftop pool was delightful, lives up to the pictures on the website 3) regent cocktail bar in the back is a speakeasy with great live music (and drinks) every night - felt like miami's best keep secret. lots more reasons it was a great stay, particularly great service.. shout out to sergio, konstantin and alex at the restaurant who looked after me at Dolce while i watched one world cup game after another! i hope to be back soon and will be bringing friends to spread the word :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Liberty, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Soooo, we were to fly out of New Orleans June 8th and fly back June 12th. There was an immediate kink in our plan as our flight was canceled and we had to stay in New Orleans on the 8th. I called the travel company to try to rearrange our room booking. The Gale South Beach accommodated our request and our reservations were moved back by one night. We arrived and the staff was professional and very courteous. They met every need immediately and with a smile. Gili, the Head Concierge, was only a text or call away. She often text to see if we had any needs. She booked a charted fishing trip for my girlfriend and I and we had a wonderful time. The man behind the bar, I can’t recall his name but I think he is from Georgia, made two of the best mixed drinks I have had. The room was beautiful and fully stocked. The air condition was cold which made for a great escape from the almost oppressive midday heat. Being located in South Beach, and as expected, there was an element of thumping party music at times, but not enough to really cause any problems though. If we travel to South beach again I plan to stay at The Gale again. It is a very nice place with even nicer staff!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
George Town, Grand Cayman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

The Gale Hotel truly represents the essence of South Beach. The property is visually pleasing in every detail. While other hotels seem to try a little too hard to capture the vibe of the neighbourhood, The Gale has it down perfectly! Very clean and understated simple elegance. The decor pays tribute to it's historical past, with classic black & white photography displaying the early extravagance of South Beach. The Dolce Restaurant offers the perfect selection of well-made and reasonably priced Italian food, and has an exceptional selection of wines available by the glass...variety is the spice of life! My room was very comfortable, and the perfect respite after long days spent shopping and soaking in the local culture...total comfort! Although modest in size, it suited my needs perfectly. The best part of my experience at The Gale...the phenomenal accommodating customer service! Every staff member I had the opportunity to deal with expressed a true desire to see that my needs were taken care of without any incident or hassle. They reached out to me daily to make themselves available to me, without being intrusive or insincere. Their understanding of customer service was exceptional! Anything I could want for, they were more than happy to accommodate. From my early morning arrival, to my late afternoon check-out, I was confident that each staff member was there for me! My visit was peaceful, fun, exciting, and truly gratifying! I'll look forward to my next visit, and am more than happy to recommend The Gale to all looking to enjoy the pleasures of South Beach!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo