“Amazing Bachelorette Weekend”

Gale South Beach
Ranked #53 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Amazing Bachelorette Weekend”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We immediately received excellent customer service upon our arrival. We had four standard rooms booked, and they ended up upgrading one of them to a suite for the Bride-to-be. Every time we needed anything, it arrived to our room in a timely fashion. They were also extremely accommodating, letting us use the bar upstairs after it had already closed so that we could have a private party with gifts and drinks (we had a large group of 15). I will definitely be coming back here in the future!

Room Tip: 414 was wonderful, that was the suite I stayed in, it had a private terrace with seating and shade...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
VA
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My fiance and I just returned from an amazing weekend getaway at The Gale for my birthday. The hotel was recommended to us by some friends that had stayed here a few months prior and it did not disappoint. I booked directly through the hotel (I would recommend doing this as the prices are the same as booking through a third party, but you can get some great deals through The Gale) and there was a promotion going on if I tweeted a link they provided me about booking at the hotel, they would give us a complimentary upgrade on our room. I'm so glad I did it because we were upgraded to an amazing room (315) with a king size bed and our own private terrace, which was awesome. The fabulous concierge at the hotel, Gili left a hand written note wishing me a happy birthday and an enjoyable stay along with a beach bag and some goodies to include a bottle of prosseco. It was such a wonderful touch and nice surprise!

The room was spacious, extremely clean and the bed was so comfortable with really nice linens. The shower is huge with a rainfall shower head and an additional hand held shower head as well. The rooftop terrace was really nice with comfortable outdoor furniture and we enjoyed our prosseco out there before dinner as well as our morning coffee.

The rooftop pool was really nice and the loungers were very comfortable. The pool bar was nice as well and they served delicious drinks. The beach is right across the street and you receive 2 beach loungers with your stay, but you do have to pay an additional $15 for an umbrella. We were glad to have the umbrella though!

The restaurant in the hotel, Dolce was awesome and the staff was so nice. We had dinner and breakfast there. Definitely worth it to check it out!

The staff at The Gale was by far the friendliest and most helpful staff that I have ever come across. I had a text message from Gili waiting for me once I arrived in Miami asking when they should expect us at the hotel. We were able to change and use the pool while our room was being set up as we arrived on Friday morning and we were sent a text message once the room was ready. The staff checked in via text message regularly. I even sent a text to the front desk asking for some advice/help with a jelly fish sting and everyone was so helpful! I really can't say enough positive things about the staff and the hotel overall. I have been raving about it while we were there and haven't stopped since! The staff at The Gale really made our trip extra special.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in South Beach. The location is great and within walking distance to Lincoln Road and Espanola Way. I can't wait for my next stay at The Gale!

Astoria

Your Review
Very good
And best hotel ever
And I love every things
And the thing that I really like
Is the location it's really perfect nare form Lincoln road and ocean drive and it has really nice employers ever

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Small boutique hotel in comparison to most in South Beach, very nicely done in Art Deco style. We were upgraded to a lovely room when we arrived (room 418) but we got a surprise at night when the pumps for the pool came on- we heard it very clearly in the room. After complaining for 3 days and being given ear plugs we were told they could not be turned off and got a room change to the third floor. This room was smaller but we preferred it, we could sleep! If you're a 'light sleeper' like we were told by Reception then don't get room 418, otherwise its a nice hotel. The Manager was very accommodating and helpful when we brought this to her attention. They have a concierge service who gave great recommendations on what to see (wynwood is a nice local area not to be missed and the Wynwood Kitchen & Bar is delicious). The pool was lovely and relaxing, we went in low season so not that many people, the rooftop pool is pretty small so can imagine it will get quite full over the winter months. Fairly close to the beach but on a quieter road so get the best of both worlds. Breakfast was tasty but a bit pricey, you can use some of the credit back to contribute towards half a two person meal (hotel tax is $25 per day where you get $15 credit to use per day, no rollovers)

1 Thank The80sTravellers
Don Torcuato
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We were very comfortable during our stay, very good service at the front desk, Zaita assisted us throughout our stay, always very attentive to solve our questions. It is highly recommended due to the proximity of Lincoln Road and one block from the beach, with chairs and towel service.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Just returned home after a really great 3 night stay stay at the Gale and wish we could have stayed longer. Hotel is very new and very stylish. Staff very attentive and really made you feel like you were in the best hotel in Miami.

Bar and restaurant service was good as was the check in and porters (always someone at the door to open it on the way out and to welcome you on the way back in....so nice personal touch). Valet parking was great and whilst it was $35 a day that is the going rate even for self park in Miami beach (so you are getting valet park for near to self park prices and far less hassle)

Hotel is also in a great location on Collins right across from the beach, one block from the shops and restaurants in Lincoln and two blocks from the excellent restaurants in Espanola.

Roof top pool was really nice with a great view. There is a lack of shade provided so it can be hot

Hotel room was nice (we had two queen beds which was ideal as we were a family of 4). Only point to mention is the total lack of any storage space......there was two small draws and a very small hanging space which was only as long as a shirt so no space for my my wife to hang her dresses etc. So no alternative but to live out of suitcase.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I absolutely enjoyed my stay at the Gale! I am BIG on customer service so let me say that this hotel knows great customer service & value it! Every single employee I encountered had a bright smile on their face & greeted me every time I laid eyes on them! I can't say enough about this place it is truly a gem & I am really hard to please! The room was AMAZING! beautiful and above all...SPOTLESS! Please stay here I will be returning!

• Stayed August 2014