“Sadly Underwhelming”

Miss Saigon
Ranked #506 of 1,080 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Newark, New Jersey
“Sadly Underwhelming”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

My husband and I love Vietnamese food and always root for the restaurants we try when we travel... which made our experience at Miss Saigon a major bummer. Maybe without expectations we would have enjoyed our meal, but neither dish we tried lived up to our experiences with other Vietnamese food - it seemed like a different cuisine than we're used to. The winter roll (fresh rice paper filled with noodles, lettuce, and dried pork - similar to a spring or summer roll elsewhere) was pretty much inedible because of the dried pork and some kind of dusty material. The Buddah noodle dish was too sweet and soupy for our taste, though it was light and healthy as promised.

Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Miami Beach, Florida
“Maybe not authentic, but tasted amazing to me”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

So some of my friends have told me this isn't really authentic Vietnamese? Well apparently I've acquired a taste for the knock off because Miss Saigon is amazing. My indian friend brought me here months ago, and now its one of my regular spots on the beach. I also get some pho, last time I had the combination pho. The soup is large enough to be an entree. I also love and generally get the Lemon Grass Curry Chicken & Rice Noodles, the yellow spice all over the chicken is just to die for. I also eat too much when I come here as I can't satisfy my craving to keep tasting the food! The only complaint, and its a general one about all South Beach eateries, is that its way over priced. $17 after tax and tip for one entree, upwards of $36 - $45 if you get drink, pho, and entree. Thats a lot ! The staff is super friendly and light hearted but professional and fast with the service, super rare in lazy South Beach. Thank you guy! I know what the pho is up ;)

• Visited January 2014
Buffalo, NY
“What the Pho? Staff was funny and friendly, food was delicious. A must try!”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I'll admit that the name brought us back-- but the food was reasonably priced and very delicious!! Loved the owner who, when asked if he was the owner, said "No, I'm just the dishwasher-- they were short handed". Later, our server confirmed that he was the owner.

Staff was funny and friendly, food was delicious. A must try!

Visited January 2014
“A good gastronomic expirience”
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

We went to Miss Saigon because of the good references we have read at trip advisor. No regrats! Great food, fair price and very good service.

Nashville, Tennessee
“Always a delight”
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

This was my second trip to Miami in four months and this place was on the list for a revisit. It's the service given by the owner himself and of course the food that took me back. Unfortunately the owner wasn't there but the good was amazing. The fall fresh rolls are to die for. The vegetable Buddha soup is not on the menu but is available and is great.

Been to Miss Saigon? Share your experiences!