“Was hoping for much more of a fine dining experience” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tosca - CLOSED

Tosca
Price range: US$25 - US$65
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Collins Avenue
Description: Truly a grand experience for any food purist, Tosca is inspired by the delicacies of the Mediterranean Riviera with a menu driven by purpose. Each simplistic dish is meant to showcase its richness in quality, highlighting best in class items from the four pockets of the world.
Altoona, PA
“Was hoping for much more of a fine dining experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

Had a nice meal, but likely wouldn't go back. Had reservations for 6pm, but the doors were locked until 6:15. Service was very good and the garden setting is quite nice, but the mosquitoes are are terrible! Some of the wait staff brings out a mosquito repellent, but another wait staff comes by and removes it. My wife had a dozen or more bites by the end of our meal.

I order a dish the grilled swordfish, but our waiter suggested a much "more flavor-able" dish, which was delicious but laden with richness - butter! I really wanted a much more simple dish rather than the heaviness of the butter.

Overall good, but won't visit again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Walnut Creek
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

My wife and I came here during a one night stop over on our way to Barbados during the Miami Spice restaurant event in August 2013. For $39 per person we each got a three course meal, and both were excellent. My wife chose the octopus appetizer with the NY strip steak entree and I had the carpaccio app with prosciutto ponsotti entree.... we were both very impressed with the quality and flavor of the dishes and would eat here again in a heartbeat. Additionally, the service was top notch as we never needed to ask for anything because the staff were extremely attentive.

My wife and I are from the SF Bay Area and have eaten at some of the top restaurants out there and consider our meal at Tosca to be as good if not better than our favorites out there.

Great place, excellent food and service. Certainly worth the money.

• Visited August 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Sit in the garden”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

This is a fun spot on Collins Ave in South Beach but you don't feel like you are in the middle of the craziness. Sit in the garden area outside and enjoy the breeze and the beautiful colors of the flowers. Fun spot for friends and romantic.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Matthew P
“hidden jewel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

my husband and I came here for our last night in Miami to enjoy our honeymoon. We were recommended here by the concierge at the hotel and the experience amazing. From the beginning to the end the service was impeccable. I would definitely recommend coming for the ambiance and the experience. The owner stayed on top of everything making sure that his restaurant was one of a kind and trust me it is.

• Visited June 2013
Austin, Texas, United States
“Not much here”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

Odd Kenny-G music, combined with good appetizers and poor entrees plus spotty service makes for a forgettable experience. Too many better alternatives just minutes away

• Visited May 2013