“Relaxed pool-side dining in a new swanky Miami hotel”
Review of Florida Cookery

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 15th
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Stumbled upon this restaurant for lunch by coincidence, and were pleased with the relaxed poolside atmosphere. Excellent friendly waiters will recommend great,emu choices. The octopus is delicious as an appetiser and the burger is a solid choice for lunch - yucca fries are a must-have! The James Royal Palm is a great addition to the South Beach hotel scene!

Anthony E, Manager at Florida Cookery, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Dear Bruno L,

We are please that you were able to enjoy your lunch with us recently. The Yucca Fries and Burger are big hits for us and from what I can see you really enjoyed. Next time you are in town please check out our new dinner menu, launching in April, with seasonal focus and emphasis on the freshest local Floridian seafood!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Read some articles listing this place as one of the better restaurants in South Beach, so I was excited to try it. Made a reservation through open table for dinner and was surprised by the low rating in the website, decided to try it anyway especially since I was staying in the James Royal Hotel- HUGE MISTAKE!

Food wise- I couldn't find anything positive to say. Poached grouper appetizer had no flavor, I received a piece of which the middle was raw and inedible, it was about 4 oz in size and so I ended up having 2 oz. of grouper, I brought it up with the manager that night and received an apology. Also had baby octopus appetizer which had 5 pieces on the plate for $17, also flavourless. Pork Chuleta as an entrée for me, I think they forgot to salt it, 3/4 of the piece of pork was bone and fat- for $39. My friend had a flounder for entrée and it was underwhelming at best. We decided to skip desserts.

They seemed to have been understaffed that night as we had the manager waiting on us most of the time, the waiter came to our table on occasions. They were both very nice and friendly, but it was funny since they both would say the same things a minute or two after the other, like an echo.

I can positively say this had been the worst restaurant of its price range that I had the misfortune of experiencing.

1  Thank WashingtonJonDC
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Davies the supervisor was very helpful with preparing gluten free options. Friendly, excellent service. Creative bar drinks. Fairly priced.

Anthony E, Manager at Florida Cookery, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Dear Heidi B.,

Thank you for your great review! We are always looking to please guests with any allergy or dietary restriction and I am happy we were able to accommodate you! Davis is a great supervisor and it shows!

Looking forward to seeing you soon at Florida Cookery!

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Nothing seemed special or wonderful. A decent meal, but I won't hurry back. The setting is nice, especially outside by the pool.

Dear Ralph R.,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you did not find us special on your recent visit, we are constantly looking for ways to personalize our service and create wonderful memories. Thank you for commenting about our pool area, we do love our al fresco Patio and find that guests do too. We will continue to look for ways to wow our guests, and hope you will return to give us another chance.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

The cheeseburgers are exceptional -juicy, fresh and cooked to perfection, eat them -absolutely! Our waitress was very efficient and wonderful about accommodating our special requests, but, it came a premium as far as the wait for our food. The people around us all seemed to be served very promptly, so, it may just have been us.

Anthony E, Manager at Florida Cookery, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Wheels57NewBern,

Thank you for your review and your great comments about our food! It is wonderful to hear that our team member was great and efficient, as we always aim to provide top notch service. We also took note of your wait time and are actively seeking faster options for food delivery.

We hope you come back and visit us soon!