Ocean Surf
Shorehaven Hotel(Miami Beach)
Collins Hotel(Miami Beach)
Pelican Creek(Miami Beach)
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Had reservations. They already were paid, but wanted a $50 deposit from each person to even get the key. Key didn't work. Maid let us in (psycho maid btw). We advised that the room was dirty, she became angry and aggressive. When I say dirty I mean there was sand, food, ashes on surfaces. We noted cigarette burns on everything from the lampshade to the toilet. The carpet was torn (massively torn). Faceplate was missing from electrical outlet, the list goes on. We told her we'd go request another room, she follow us-screaming (not lying people) up to the front desk and stated that we'd been there for hours (?!) and are not entitled to any refund (but wait-she'd let us in 15 minutes prior and spent the past 15 minutes arguing with us). It was just unbelievably bad -- filthy, inept service, not secure (our door didn't close all the way either), unsafe (electrical and other infrastructure hazards). We got our deposit cash back but were never refunded our payment for 3 days there. We went next door to the Days Inn whose staff advised that they get (every day) customers from Ocean Surf who couldn't stay there because its so nasty.These owners should be ashamed of the place!! So I'm telling you guys from my experience, you don't want to do it.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank R D
Reviewed 28 April 2013

We were going to a wedding and booked 3 nites. So filthy, smelly, carpet torn up, cigarette burns on lamp (non-smoking hotel), food on table, DISGUSTING. We could not stay even one night and since I booked by Orbitz in advance, they don't want to give MY money back. This hotel should be shut down. It gives a bad view of Miami, and of the State of Florida. How can they stay in business - by cheating tourists. Disgraceful! I will update the review if I ever get my money back - even though WE DID NOT STAY THERE! Go to Days Inn next door. It's not fantastic but it's clean and management is reasonable. Don't get cheated out of a good vacation.

Room Tip: There is no good room in this filthy hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank jaju d
Reviewed 10 April 2013

The location is amazing for clubbing, shopping, & easy beach access. As far as the room goes it's cheap so your getting what you pay for. If your plans are to be out I'd suggest it for those trying to keep money in their wallet, but if your in Miami for spa experience, room service & five star treatment this is absolutely not for you.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 6 April 2013

This was the worst hotel i have EVER seen in my life, and i do a lot of traveling. Booked this hotel for 3 nights in March for a vacation. This was a mistake and a nightmare. This place isnt even suitable for cockroaches. I wouldnt even stay at is place if it was free it was that bad. The hallways smelled like mildew, the carpets looked like they havent been vacumed in months, the showers were abysmal and duct tape was used as soap holders. The sheets on the bed were disgusting and soiled with stains everywhere. We debated sleeping in our rental car. Bottom line...this place is a health risk, inhabitable, and a scam. We ended up booking another hotel and did not stay here. Front desk was very unhelpful, did not budge on refunding our money, would not put us in contact with any management, and failed to provide us with any corporate phone numbers to discuss the situation with. Talk about horrendous customer service. Do not put yourself, your kids, friends or family in this situation, especially when your health is at jeopardy by staying here. I took photos of the horrendous condition of this place and wish there was a way for me to post them so you can see how bad it really was the photos are jaw dropping. Take your money to a more reputable place and enjoy your vacation....stay farrrr away from this hole.

Room Tip: Just stay away...i beg you
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank _Bey0nd_Disgusted_
Reviewed 25 March 2013

FIrst we were over charged for an unclean hotel, that smells of pee, with useless staff!! I have stayed in many cheap hotels none have even been this terrible! The unsanitary conditions are not even the worst part!! While we were out someone came into our room (clearly it was a staff memeber because who can get in without a key?!) and stole our money then smashed our window! To make matters worse when the police were called we got told we have to pay to replace it. This has go to be the worst place I have ever been in my life!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends