“This hotel is by far the Best in S. Beach!”

Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort
Ranked #97 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 27 December 2012

I just stayed at this hotel last week. The service from start to finish was more than excellent. They did a perfect job with their staff selection from the front desk, to the woman working at the lobby coffee shop, The Floridian restaurant staff, to the pool and beach staff.
This is the hotel I will choose every time I go to South Beach. Everyone was friendly, down to earth, couldn't do enough for us. The hotel has a very pretty modern Florida like decor. It was very clean, it is finishing up with it's construction but still looks great. And the location is just perfect. I can't say enough. Especially since I stayed at the SLS last month. Unless, you are looking for severe attitude, then that is the way to go. The James by far exceeded my expectations after having a less than great time at the SLS.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank laughingfool
Patrick H, General Manager at Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2012

laughingfool

Thank you for the great review! I am glad that you enjoyed the service, location and design. We started recruiting in July for our team and carefully selected 280 out of 9,000+ applicants to insure we hired nice, genuine and friendly people. We are very proud of our team!

Thank you for choosing The James Royal Palm and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best,

Reviewed 27 December 2012

The hotel sounds much better than it is. Although it has been remodeled recently, the infrastructure is still old and as a result there are several issues, e.g. extremely noisy ventilation system, noisy elevators. The room layousmall ts are not efficient and do not flow well. Apart from the modern decor, the rooms are standard hotel rooms with nothing special.

I have to compliment the staff for trying hard, but they are still learning and are not empowered to satisfy. On our first night the bartender took over 15 minutes to mix a stardard cocktail from the menu. He was training two other bartenders that night and we were the "gunea pigs". My wife had to then ask for the drink to be remade because they didn't get it right.

My biggest disappointment was that we were promised that the hotel was ready when we booked and that we would have a fantastic room. We agreed to pay approximately $500 per nignt, but ended with a fairly standard room with no view and a noisy ventilation system. For that kind of money, I think we could have gone down the road to Loews or Ritz Carlton and got much better.

2  Thank Umesh P

Umesh P-

Thank you for your feedback re: your recent stay with us. I apologize that we failed to meet your expectations.

I did try to contact you while you were in house and I believe Richard Hai, our Director of Front Office spoke with you upon departure.

As far as work still being done on the hotel, I do apologize. With the exception of our free standing restaurant and lounge, the resort was completed fully on 12/7. Over the last 2 weeks, an add on design element to futher enhance the breezeway to the pool and beach was authorized and built. As anticipated, the work was minimally intrusive, but still disrupted the overall experience.

While we do initial service staff training off line, we do have to do hands on "live" training as well, but always paired with an experienced team member. I am sorry that this training negatively impacted your bar experience.

I appreciate your business and your feedback. We will use it to improve and I hope that one day, you will choose to stay with us again and we can prove that we learned from your experience.

Best.

Reviewed 24 December 2012

The standard of service at the new James Royal Palm will make anyone's trip - business or pleasure a joy! The service is not at all pretentious rather polished, genuine friendliness and professionalism from the door staff to reception down to the maids dutiful attentions. In addition the pool and beach are outstanding, clean, attentitive (not pushy), and efficient - you don't want to leave the hotel complex because you are made to feel so at home.

We have stayed at a number of the 4-5 star properties on south beach however our Christmas trip this year to the James was well beyond what we experienced previously and for the price bracket is exceptional. We had booked a loft suite, however on arrival were upgraded to a partial ocean view on the 17th floor - which is outstanding. "Partial" is such an understatement - in fact we could see the whole of ocean drive, the ocean and the entire miami skyline - it would be hard to imagine a better view from any hotel room in sobe.

The quality of design at the James is again exceptional - very clean lines and fresh 1950s decor which suits the hotel well - again stunning without being too stuffy! The bedding is beautiful and products are of a very high quality and are sustainably sourced.

I spent a long time deciding where to stay for this trip as it was over Christmas - in the end I took a risk on this hotel as there were few reviews and it was new however my gamble really paid off. I predict this hotel will be in the top 5 on tripadvisor within the year.

Room Tip: Partial ocean view on a high floor
1  Thank JKlondon09
Patrick H, General Manager at Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2012

JKlondon09-

Wow! What a great review and amazing headline! Mind if I use this in our marketing material!

Thank you for taking the risk and choosing to spend your holiday with us. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed and hopefully, next time you are planning a trip to South Beach, the decision is much quicker!

Appreciate specifically some of the adjectives you used to describe our team. Genuine happens to be one of the core traits for our brand!

Thank you again for the great review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best,

Reviewed 23 December 2012

The James Royal Palm is lovely and in a prime location; close to Lincoln Rd and Ocean Drive. The service was EXCELLENT; super friendly, attentive staff since the moment we checked in until we checked out. The room was very clean, spacious, had a comfortable bed and an Ocean view. The pool side service was great as well, I was immediately greeted and given a basket with water and fruit. The server was very pleasant and enjoyable. The hotel has a fun upbeat feel to it, yet relaxing and accommodating. This is definitely the hotel to stay at when in Miami..

Nomi P-

Thank you for the kind words and all caps adjective re: service!

I am glad you enjoyed the James Royal Palm pool/beach welcome basket. There a some things one simply shouldn't have to ask for when lounging by the pool.

I am glad you found a moment to relax this holiday season and look forward to welcoming you back in 2013!

Best

Reviewed 23 December 2012

Recently returned from a weeks vacation and stayed in the newly renovated James Royal Palm in Miami Beach. Miami Beach not known for their great service the James has brought service
to a new excellent level... From the moment I arrived the service was exceptional...from the
bell men, Mike and Roscoe to the front desk and then to the people to run the pool and beach areas. Mykel, Tim and especially Jean and Raquel
They did a great job on the renovation, with the rooms very functional and clean and
comfortable. The spa was exceptional with all the different services. The restaurant and bars
were also fantastic, the food at their signature restaurant, "Florida Cookery" was delicious.
Definitely would stay there again....DM

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo

Dennis-

Thank you for the great review! I appreciate you calling Mike, Roscoe, Mykel, Tim, Jean and Raquel out! They are outstanding!

One of our goals in bringing the James brand to South Beach was to prove the stereotype of service in SoBe wrong. Thanks for validating our investment in finding the right people, training and treating them well and celebrating incredible reviews like this with the team. As a matter of fact, I'm off to our weekly staff meeting and will be reading this review to the team. Thanks for the material!

Best

Reviewed 23 December 2012

Loved this hotel. I found a decent rate online as my wife and I came down for just a 1 night getaway. They were still finishing up the renovations when we were there, but it wasn't a big deal for us. I would imagine they're probably done with the renovations by now. They were just finishing up the pool / bar area, and last minute touches on the fitness center, but they let us use the Lowe's fitness center next door. The staff was excellent and more than willing to accommodate. The restaurant food was incredible and they have a more unique menu with a sort of contemporary french country theme or something, but like all of Miami it was pricey. The room was nice, but as 1 person mentioned in another comment that the walls are paper thin. Our floor was quiet so we didn't have a problem with this. The parking is expensive at $40 / night, but there's a garage 1 block away that's only $15 / night. Bottom line: I highly recommend the hotel. Great service, friendly employees, great restaurant, nice pools, and overall ambiance.

Room Tip: We had a partial ocean view room, which is exactly what it was. There was a balcony, but it was so...
Reviewed 22 December 2012

My friend and I had a most beautiful spa inspired lunch at Florida Cookery in The James Royal Palm Hotel on Miami Beach.
The meal included an arugula salad with grilled tomatoes and goat cheese - it was beautifully
dressed with an herb based vinaigrette. This was followed by a grilled vegetable panini accompanied by spiced french fries. A signature cocktail was The Royal - prosecco with pureed
berries and a rosemary garnish.
When we entered the hotel we were greeted by Christina of the front desk staff. She was energetic and engaging with an incredibly warm manner - she gave us detailed historical background of the restoration and a most lovely tour describing the design and architecture of the hotel.
It was a most beautiful afternoon - would recommend The James highly to anyone visiting the area.
Ed Fisher