“Overpriced!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

I know food in miami beach is more expensive but this restaraunt is a little overpriced for the food. Our bill was 50.00 for 2 hamburgers and a chicken club. The food was ok but not worth the money.

Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

After searching around for a place to end in the rain, my group settled on Austen's and were quite satisfied. I ordered the bags taco and quickly discovered that the menu said taco, not tacos. It was all good though cud the taco was big enough to cut in two. All in all, worth the price and might just have been the best dish I had thus far in Miami.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

This place is so friendly.Morrisa Ivy all staff and the managers especially Morrisa and Casey made me feel so welcome its as if I knew them for years, even one of the chefs popped out to ensure I was happy with the sample platter of the most wonderful ribs I have ever tasted. You can see the traditional meat smoker through the bar viewing window.Many places would not make the personal effort and just by the artificially smoked food. Tremendous food,company and friendship, something that is missing in many establishments. Will be back. Mick from Corby UK

Reviewed 31 May 2013

Three friends and I were out wondering the area and came across Austen's Q & Brew Bar & Grill. It was around 1pm so we decided to stop in for a bite. First off we were a bit surprised with how empty it was. However it was a Wednesday afternoon and there wasn't a lot of foot traffic on the street so no worries. As we entered we were greeted by, I believe the owner, who was very personable. We sat down and looked over the menu. The waitress was friendly and very knowledgeable about the menu and drink choices.

I chose the beef brisket sandwich which was awesome. Many briskets need BBQ sauce to liven them up, this doesn't. I spoke to the owner who said they smoke all their meat on site for 16 hours and believe me, this tasted like it. Wonderful choice. Other choices at the table were the pulled pork sandwich which was reported as good, not outstanding, and the burger which was huge and very good. Our fourth was a vegetarian and there were a couple of choices on the menu including an expanded grilled cheese sandwich that looked really good.

Only one complaint, the seasoned fries were just OK. Nothing tremendous. However the owner made up for that. He overheard us talking about rum so introduced us to a relatively new rum from the Dominican Republic named Ron Atlantico. While it was too early in the day for me to start drinking he provided a free sample to get my opinion. Very smooth and very good.

Overall I really enjoyed my meal here and in fact recommended to many others during our company meeting. When I return to South Beach I will make it a point to go back. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 29 May 2013

We ate here 3 times during our week in South Beach and if we'd had more time it would have more as there were so many good things on the menu!

Each time we visited there was only a couple of other people in the place so the service was really fast & friendly with plenty of tables to choose from.

Starters that we would recommend are the Crunchy Pepper Jack cheese, Crispy Fried Chicken fingers & the Homemade Onion Rings, huge portions, 1 serving easily enough for two.

Mains we tried were fantastic burgers, cooked to order - perfect, Beef Brisket and my favorite Fried Green Tomatoe Bacon & Egg sandwich. Also the fries here are some of the very best we've had ANYWHERE. Also really good Mac & cheese.

Our server kindly pointed out the drink specials - $3 beers - and the homemade fresh lemonade was gorgeous.

Try this place - the prices are good and the food great.