“Don't believe everything you read”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Austen's Q & Brew Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Austen's Q & Brew Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Miami Lakes, Florida
“Don't believe everything you read”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

We read the reviews and totally disagree with them. We stopped by on a Saturday night to watch the Dolphin game and had so much fun. Real nice patrons having great time. We had Brisket and Ribs which were unreal, and the service was even better. The prices were most reasonable. I definitely recommend the Brisket and even took a order home for the next day. I do not know the bar tender's name but it started with a "M" and she was so energetic and made sure we had a good time and return.
Thanks for a great night, to bad the Dolphins lost, but it's pre-season!

• Visited August 2013

Fountain Inn, South Carolina
“Overpriced!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

I know food in miami beach is more expensive but this restaraunt is a little overpriced for the food. Our bill was 50.00 for 2 hamburgers and a chicken club. The food was ok but not worth the money.

• Visited July 2013
Suitland, Maryland
“The menu said taco, not tacos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

After searching around for a place to end in the rain, my group settled on Austen's and were quite satisfied. I ordered the bags taco and quickly discovered that the menu said taco, not tacos. It was all good though cud the taco was big enough to cut in two. All in all, worth the price and might just have been the best dish I had thus far in Miami.

• Visited June 2013
England, United Kingdom
“Welcome,welcome,welcome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

This place is so friendly.Morrisa Ivy all staff and the managers especially Morrisa and Casey made me feel so welcome its as if I knew them for years, even one of the chefs popped out to ensure I was happy with the sample platter of the most wonderful ribs I have ever tasted. You can see the traditional meat smoker through the bar viewing window.Many places would not make the personal effort and just by the artificially smoked food. Tremendous food,company and friendship, something that is missing in many establishments. Will be back. Mick from Corby UK

• Visited June 2013
Orange County, CA
“A great surprise in the South Beach area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

Three friends and I were out wondering the area and came across Austen's Q & Brew Bar & Grill. It was around 1pm so we decided to stop in for a bite. First off we were a bit surprised with how empty it was. However it was a Wednesday afternoon and there wasn't a lot of foot traffic on the street so no worries. As we entered we were greeted by, I believe the owner, who was very personable. We sat down and looked over the menu. The waitress was friendly and very knowledgeable about the menu and drink choices.

I chose the beef brisket sandwich which was awesome. Many briskets need BBQ sauce to liven them up, this doesn't. I spoke to the owner who said they smoke all their meat on site for 16 hours and believe me, this tasted like it. Wonderful choice. Other choices at the table were the pulled pork sandwich which was reported as good, not outstanding, and the burger which was huge and very good. Our fourth was a vegetarian and there were a couple of choices on the menu including an expanded grilled cheese sandwich that looked really good.

Only one complaint, the seasoned fries were just OK. Nothing tremendous. However the owner made up for that. He overheard us talking about rum so introduced us to a relatively new rum from the Dominican Republic named Ron Atlantico. While it was too early in the day for me to start drinking he provided a free sample to get my opinion. Very smooth and very good.

Overall I really enjoyed my meal here and in fact recommended to many others during our company meeting. When I return to South Beach I will make it a point to go back. Highly recommended!

• Visited May 2013