“Friendly staff, great hotel!”

Pestana Miami South Beach
Ranked #26 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I stayed in Pestana for spring break and can I just say what a good time I had here! The staff at check-in were super nice and polite, I think their names were Tatiana and Sebastian, check-in was very quick and painless and we were shown to our rooms by a super attentive bellman. I noticed that the rooms were clean enough, but we found a few hairs in one corner of the room, but not a big deal.

The restaurant and bar on site is super convenient, as well as the close proximity to Lincoln Road and th beach. Parking would have been a hassle like it is everywhere on the beach but we did not rent a car to avoid this (:

Check-out was quick too, Sebastian again and a super sweet guy named Alvaro who made sure our exit was just as great as our entrance. Over-all, great experience and would definitely come-beack!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank fiu1992

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed here before a cruise and paid for 4 adults Very small room. I wasn't happy with the restaurant staff. He was not friendly at all. Expensive for what you get, but then everything in South Beach is expensive

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Joao A, General Manager at Pestana Miami South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Brenda,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Pestana South Beach Art Deco Hotel.
We are sorry to hear your stay didn’t meet your expectations.
I would love to know more about our Restaurant Staff attitude, would you be so kind to email me further details, you can find our email on our website.
Please accept my sincere apologies and do not hesitate to contact me directly on your next visit to Miami.
Regards,
João Paulo Araújo

Reviewed 10 March 2014

First the good -- location by the beach, and good wifi. First night was quiet, but next night noisy, as we discovered the first night was a fluke with no neighbor.

The bed is massively too soft, as are the pillows. Parking is 3 blocks away and costs an additional $30/day. The air conditioner was way too loud. There was no view at all, no vending machine (and Coke was $4 at the bar), the electrical outlets were so badly placed that we had to unplug the fridge to plug in a computer.

We had 3 packages sent to the hotel. The bellman tried to get us to sign for all 3, while just delivering 1, and swore there were no more. Only when I insisted, did he return and find the other 2 in their storage room.

Other complaints too, but that is more than enough for listing here. Needless to say, it is way too expensive with way too many problem for a new hotel (less than 1 year old).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MindStorm00
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Spent 6 nights at this new art deco hotel. Excellent location, just two blocks from the beach and another two blocks from Lincoln Rd Mall. Very friendly and helpfull staff. Nice clean rooms. Nice heated pool. Good buffet breakfast. Definitely an excellent alternative to those pricey beachfront hotels. Will certainly return.

Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank HugoRosaFerreira
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We stayed for 7 nights and from the moment we pulled up outside (in a hired Mustang) we were treated superbly. the cases were taken straight to our room and no tip was expected.
The room was very large with excellent bathroom with toiletries that were refreshed every day, large TV, coffee machine, hairdryer etc.
Pool was great - we only spent a couple of afternoons there when we got back early from our travels but it was very welcoming.
The breakfasts were rather expensive at $14 for a continental, but you could eat and drink as much as you liked and the quality of food was good.
The location is very good - just 5 minutes walk from beach and Lincoln Road with dozens of retaurants and bars and just a little further to Ocean Drive, where food and drink were quite cheap!
Parking was at a garage 2 minutes walk away and was expensive at $30 per day but the cheapest other garage I could find was $20 per day and much further away and was not valet service - this was great, they take the car from you as soon as you turn up and bring it back when you want it out - max time to get car was 5 minutes.
Overall I would recommend this Hotel to anyone - we had a great time.

Room Tip: We were in main block by reception which was very handy and not noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MikeHStaffs
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We ended up here after The Delores changed ownership the week before we arrived in town and wouldn't honor our reservation from the previous owner. I have never experienced this before. We found our rooms for Pestana on Hotwire. We stayed in Building #3 (there are 4 buildings). We had a very spacious rooms which were very clean. Remember, this is South Beach territory and the majority of the hotels are going to be dated, in need of repair with small rooms. (I can remember two of the rooms numbers were 3204 and 3207. We had assistance with our luggage. However, there is only one Bellhop so if you are checking in with others you will need to wait your turn. Simone at the front desk handled our check-in wonderfully and allowed us to check out our rooms before checking in. However, Sebastion is a new employee and I noticed he was hesitant to help guests. We were attending a conference at the convention center and the hotel is only about a 10 minute walk. We parked our car and walked everywhere. Collins Avenue is about a 5 minute walk. We did not use the pool. My husband has a good allergy and we were allowed to bring our own food into the cafe area to eat. The cafe reminds me of a school cafeteria and the bar is not a place you'll want to hand out in. There was no cold white wine so my Chardonay came with ice. However, we had many many options close by for eating and drinks. I strongly recommend eating at OLA only 2 blocks away. For the price you won't find a better place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Golfer142
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

The service was awful the rooms were never clean front desk would look at me every time if would complain about something the location is okay not great I will not be coming back. The pool is freezing by the way no bellmans to help me with luggage.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Coolcuts
Joao A, General Manager at Pestana Miami South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear "Coolcuts",
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Pestana South Beach Art Deco Hotel.
We are sorry to hear we were not able to provide you the experience you were looking for.
I would like to be able to contact you personally and discuss further details of your stay.
We were very surprised on your comments regarding our location and the swimming pool temperature as these are one of the most referenced strengths of our hotel.
We are centrally located on South Beach, just a block away from the beach and the Conference Center and 2 blocks from Lincoln Road. Our swimming pool is heated and we keep the water temperature at 90F (32C).
Again, please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconveniences you have experienced at our Hotel and do not hesitate to contact me directly should you give another chance to change your perception of our services.
Regards,