“Excellent Hotel”

Pestana South Beach Art Deco Hotel
Ranked #25 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I stayed here with my wife a few months back and I have to say that I was thoroughly impressed. The staff were great, the rooms and hotel are ultra clean and the Mojitos are excellent. I would definitely recommend this Hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Oswestry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This hotel is by far the best we have been in for years.. We would recommend a stay here, the staff are fantastic, so friendly and eager to help..The Rooms are excellent and the beds to die for,
IT IS SOOOOO QUITE AND PEACEFUL.. Just a couple of blocks walk to the beach and to the busy shopping precinct, Now ! The restaurant and bar are fantastic we have to mention Steven, Erica, Andres and Leilani,WOW or what ??the happy hour is something else ??they where fantastic, so much fun and the snacks, chips and bacon bits smothered in a cheese sauce mmmmmmm tasty tasty..
The management are always about helping and assisting you, telling you the best places to go for eating out, shopping and trips to, for instance the glades.. Five star Quality with five star excellence..Martin Jo Adie and Gaz ..we will be back !!

Room Tip: BOOK early
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Guru1946
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I spent 4 nights at the Pestana in Miami Beach. The location is fantastic - a 3-5 minute walk from Lincoln Road, 2 blocks from the beach. The hotel is surrounded by residential buildings so it is very quiet, but the noise is a few steps away if you want noise. You are welcomed by one if the nicest, most inviting front porches I have seen in the area. The rooms are spacious & like the rest of the hotel decorated in a very stylish minimalism. The pool area is very nice, as is the small restaurant. The restaurant has a lovely, covered outdoor area by the pool. The hotel staff is very helpful & very friendly. Tatiana gave great recommendations and had map with directions in hand before I could even ask. When I needed a cab, and asked if I could pay with a credit card, Ivan offered to lend me a few dollars to pay the cab! Maria answered every single question with remarkable patience. Maximo listened to the complaints I had about the room and immediately set out to correct them. The one negative of the hotel is the general upkeep. There are a lot of "marks" of wear. Lots of scuff marks, the doors all look like they have been kicked a lot, the faucet in my room is not on so tight and feels like it could come off any moment. Housekeeping could probably use a refresher course. The white tiles may have looked lovely in the beginning but they look pretty dingy now. They may also not be be the best idea as far as noise reduction. I understand this south Florida and carpeting or wood are not options with the humidify, but white tile was not the best choice for the long haul. Overall my stay was nothing short of wonderful. I cannot wait for my next visit!

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Bruges, Belgium
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This was my first time in Miami. Colleagues of mine advised me to go to Pestana as a solo traveller. They were not wrong.

First impression: the hotel is situated in the street just behind Collins Avenue, the "big" street for shopping, restaurants, going out, ... For me this was perfect, just off the main road, but close to everything. The girl behind the reception desk was awesome. I was checking in pretty late (around 22h) and horribly jetlagged. I just wanted to park my car and get into bed. She was so nice and yet so professional, my first impression of the hotel was immediately incredible. You get a voucher for a car park which is just two blocks away and you pay less ;-)

The room I got was very big and spacious. Colours are mostly white, so you get a really calm feeling in the room. The beds are to die for, you just sink in and fall asleep.
One negative point for me, which is quite important: noise. You do get a lot of noise in your room from surrounding rooms or from the hallway. I do hope they can fix this, because it can be a real nuisance if your neighbours decide to walk around in high heels or if they are people that like to talk much and loudly after they've been out.

There is a heated pool. For me, the temperature was a bit much, as I like to chill in the water from some hot sunbathing sessions, but on the other hand, it doens't take you 10 minutes to finally dare to get into the water.

The ocean is close by, it takes you 5 minutes to get there. Lots of great restaurants are close by, also 5 minutes walk or more depending on where you want to go.
This was my first solo travel, and partly due to the staff and the hotel, partly due to Miami and it's surroundings (Keys and Everglades), I had an amazing holiday. I will be back for sure!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Margot_VDS
Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Having stayed in south beach around 20 times, I can say the Pestana south beach is a hotel I would definitely stay at again. Here is a list of amenities and features that stand out above other hotels in the same price range: free, easy to access wifi, clean updated very spacious rooms, prompt helpful staff that carries out requests and even anticipates requests (told us if we wanted to use the pull out couch in our room to let them know by 3pm so that they could make up the bed), an empty refrigerator, clean bright beautiful pool and bar area, no waiting for elevators, had a minor issue with drain in the bathroom they sent someone up right away and it was fixed. This hotel has a great location quiet street, one small block from Collins Ave. I would highly recommend the Pestana south beach to anyone looking for great location, knowledgeable staff, clean, updated rooms and exterior, and comfortable beds!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ilovevacations09
SilverSpring MD
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I had a wonderful time at this hotel. What made it such a great experience was the very friendly and helpful staff. They made me feel right at home,answered all my questions and seemed genuinely interested in how my trip was going and what they could do to help. In particular Steven, Liz, Andre,Gndri and Moije was extremely helpful.

Room Tip: A room on the other side of the pool is very quiet
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank cpostphd
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I was staying at this hotel from the 28th until just now and from the moment of check in until check out we had a pleasant stay. We received excellent service from Edward , from the cafe , and great service from the front desk staff Alvaro and Sebastian.. The only downside was the relation to the cleaning staff whomever is responsible for the room is really poor. We had to call several times for items to delivered to the room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple