“Worth coming back”

Ranked #26 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Windsor, Canada
“Worth coming back”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I loved the art deco feel of the hotel. We were only minutes away from many of the highlights in Miami. The hotel beds were extremely comfortable, and the rooms were bright and airy.
Especially loved the bar staff / poolside. Two of their best were Erika and Endri. Thank you for making our girls' vacation as fun as possible.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 448Rach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We have stayed in many south beach hotels, including SOS, surfcomber, and the national and have found Pestana to be a perfect fit for us. It features many of the luxuries of these other hotels at a fraction of the price. Truly comfortable bed, great shower & bathroom & relaxing poolside atmosphere. Only 1 block from the beach. The best customer service that I have seen in south beach without the snooty / prissy attitude! The staff bends over backwards to get you anything that you need to make your stay more comfortable. I found this hotel to be very clean.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank foxydocPhilly
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

OMG! I just see the nastiest thing ever in my life I was walking to my room from the pool and went the wrong way and I just so happen see one of the hotel employees hanging up used pool towels on the gate. O I would never come back to this hotel AGAIN......

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank mzmeka
Joao A, General Manager at Pestana Miami South Beach, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear “mzmeka”,
Unfortunately we are not able to contact you as your review does not provide us with any identification information.
We really care about our guest’s feedback. Sometimes we may not agree with some of the comments as they represent a personal view or evaluation but that is not the point as they represent the perception that a specific guest has about the services we have provided and this is why Tripadvisor is so important for us.
Everyone at Pestana Hotels & Resorts are focus in providing to all of our guest the best experience, truly Memorable Moments, but we are not exempts of failures.
Unfortunately for a couple of times, due to a delivery delay from our Laundry, we didn’t have at a certain point, pool towels to provide to our guest and as some of these guests can surely attest we informed them that unfortunately we didn’t have towels to provide them at that moment.
On the other hand, one of our team members did in fact hang some pool towels, as they were not completely dry, but because they arrived from the laundry like that after being properly washed.
Again, we respect our guests personal opinions and point of view but we need to clarify what we feel is a precipitate judgments and misunderstandings.
Should you be available to discuss this situation with me, do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Regards,
João Paulo Araújo
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I stayed here with my wife a few months back and I have to say that I was thoroughly impressed. The staff were great, the rooms and hotel are ultra clean and the Mojitos are excellent. I would definitely recommend this Hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Oswestry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This hotel is by far the best we have been in for years.. We would recommend a stay here, the staff are fantastic, so friendly and eager to help..The Rooms are excellent and the beds to die for,
IT IS SOOOOO QUITE AND PEACEFUL.. Just a couple of blocks walk to the beach and to the busy shopping precinct, Now ! The restaurant and bar are fantastic we have to mention Steven, Erica, Andres and Leilani,WOW or what ??the happy hour is something else ??they where fantastic, so much fun and the snacks, chips and bacon bits smothered in a cheese sauce mmmmmmm tasty tasty..
The management are always about helping and assisting you, telling you the best places to go for eating out, shopping and trips to, for instance the glades.. Five star Quality with five star excellence..Martin Jo Adie and Gaz ..we will be back !!

Room Tip: BOOK early
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Guru1946
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I spent 4 nights at the Pestana in Miami Beach. The location is fantastic - a 3-5 minute walk from Lincoln Road, 2 blocks from the beach. The hotel is surrounded by residential buildings so it is very quiet, but the noise is a few steps away if you want noise. You are welcomed by one if the nicest, most inviting front porches I have seen in the area. The rooms are spacious & like the rest of the hotel decorated in a very stylish minimalism. The pool area is very nice, as is the small restaurant. The restaurant has a lovely, covered outdoor area by the pool. The hotel staff is very helpful & very friendly. Tatiana gave great recommendations and had map with directions in hand before I could even ask. When I needed a cab, and asked if I could pay with a credit card, Ivan offered to lend me a few dollars to pay the cab! Maria answered every single question with remarkable patience. Maximo listened to the complaints I had about the room and immediately set out to correct them. The one negative of the hotel is the general upkeep. There are a lot of "marks" of wear. Lots of scuff marks, the doors all look like they have been kicked a lot, the faucet in my room is not on so tight and feels like it could come off any moment. Housekeeping could probably use a refresher course. The white tiles may have looked lovely in the beginning but they look pretty dingy now. They may also not be be the best idea as far as noise reduction. I understand this south Florida and carpeting or wood are not options with the humidify, but white tile was not the best choice for the long haul. Overall my stay was nothing short of wonderful. I cannot wait for my next visit!

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Bruges, Belgium
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This was my first time in Miami. Colleagues of mine advised me to go to Pestana as a solo traveller. They were not wrong.

First impression: the hotel is situated in the street just behind Collins Avenue, the "big" street for shopping, restaurants, going out, ... For me this was perfect, just off the main road, but close to everything. The girl behind the reception desk was awesome. I was checking in pretty late (around 22h) and horribly jetlagged. I just wanted to park my car and get into bed. She was so nice and yet so professional, my first impression of the hotel was immediately incredible. You get a voucher for a car park which is just two blocks away and you pay less ;-)

The room I got was very big and spacious. Colours are mostly white, so you get a really calm feeling in the room. The beds are to die for, you just sink in and fall asleep.
One negative point for me, which is quite important: noise. You do get a lot of noise in your room from surrounding rooms or from the hallway. I do hope they can fix this, because it can be a real nuisance if your neighbours decide to walk around in high heels or if they are people that like to talk much and loudly after they've been out.

There is a heated pool. For me, the temperature was a bit much, as I like to chill in the water from some hot sunbathing sessions, but on the other hand, it doens't take you 10 minutes to finally dare to get into the water.

The ocean is close by, it takes you 5 minutes to get there. Lots of great restaurants are close by, also 5 minutes walk or more depending on where you want to go.
This was my first solo travel, and partly due to the staff and the hotel, partly due to Miami and it's surroundings (Keys and Everglades), I had an amazing holiday. I will be back for sure!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo