“Fun Staff!”

Ranked #26 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
San Francisco
“Fun Staff!”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My girlfriends and I enjoyed our trip immensely - so much so that we came back just to hang with the staff at the bar after our trip back from the Bahamas.

Hotel/Rooms: Opened recently - less than a year while we were visiting. The rooms were clean and our room overlooked the pool - awesome!

Location: It was not in the heart of South Beach but I think I much preferred to be off the strip. It was quiet enough for me to sleep. It was a few blocks away from Lincoln Road - where I found my beloved Shake Shack!!! Lincoln Road is also filled with amazing shopping. Beach was also only a few blocks away!

Staff: I don't even know where to start! My girlfriend and I are all in agreement that the staff here made our trip. The staff was super helpful and fun, it was exactly what we were looking for (not that we expected it). Thank you to the wonderful staff at Pestana - they were so great I remembered most of their names!!!! Each and every single one of them were/are wonderful!!

Andres - Our evening bartender.
Moe - Morning bartender
Endri - Morning bartender
Zoe - Morning bartender
Ivan - Morning front desk staff
Eric - Evening auditor
Orbin - Evening bell hop

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank DreamsofBliss

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I loved the art deco feel of the hotel. We were only minutes away from many of the highlights in Miami. The hotel beds were extremely comfortable, and the rooms were bright and airy.
Especially loved the bar staff / poolside. Two of their best were Erika and Endri. Thank you for making our girls' vacation as fun as possible.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 448Rach
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We have stayed in many south beach hotels, including SOS, surfcomber, and the national and have found Pestana to be a perfect fit for us. It features many of the luxuries of these other hotels at a fraction of the price. Truly comfortable bed, great shower & bathroom & relaxing poolside atmosphere. Only 1 block from the beach. The best customer service that I have seen in south beach without the snooty / prissy attitude! The staff bends over backwards to get you anything that you need to make your stay more comfortable. I found this hotel to be very clean.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank foxydocPhilly
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

OMG! I just see the nastiest thing ever in my life I was walking to my room from the pool and went the wrong way and I just so happen see one of the hotel employees hanging up used pool towels on the gate. O I would never come back to this hotel AGAIN......

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank mzmeka
Joao A, General Manager at Pestana South Beach Art Deco Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear “mzmeka”,
Unfortunately we are not able to contact you as your review does not provide us with any identification information.
We really care about our guest’s feedback. Sometimes we may not agree with some of the comments as they represent a personal view or evaluation but that is not the point as they represent the perception that a specific guest has about the services we have provided and this is why Tripadvisor is so important for us.
Everyone at Pestana Hotels & Resorts are focus in providing to all of our guest the best experience, truly Memorable Moments, but we are not exempts of failures.
Unfortunately for a couple of times, due to a delivery delay from our Laundry, we didn’t have at a certain point, pool towels to provide to our guest and as some of these guests can surely attest we informed them that unfortunately we didn’t have towels to provide them at that moment.
On the other hand, one of our team members did in fact hang some pool towels, as they were not completely dry, but because they arrived from the laundry like that after being properly washed.
Again, we respect our guests personal opinions and point of view but we need to clarify what we feel is a precipitate judgments and misunderstandings.
Should you be available to discuss this situation with me, do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Regards,
João Paulo Araújo
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I stayed here with my wife a few months back and I have to say that I was thoroughly impressed. The staff were great, the rooms and hotel are ultra clean and the Mojitos are excellent. I would definitely recommend this Hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Oswestry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This hotel is by far the best we have been in for years.. We would recommend a stay here, the staff are fantastic, so friendly and eager to help..The Rooms are excellent and the beds to die for,
IT IS SOOOOO QUITE AND PEACEFUL.. Just a couple of blocks walk to the beach and to the busy shopping precinct, Now ! The restaurant and bar are fantastic we have to mention Steven, Erica, Andres and Leilani,WOW or what ??the happy hour is something else ??they where fantastic, so much fun and the snacks, chips and bacon bits smothered in a cheese sauce mmmmmmm tasty tasty..
The management are always about helping and assisting you, telling you the best places to go for eating out, shopping and trips to, for instance the glades.. Five star Quality with five star excellence..Martin Jo Adie and Gaz ..we will be back !!

Room Tip: BOOK early
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Guru1946
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I spent 4 nights at the Pestana in Miami Beach. The location is fantastic - a 3-5 minute walk from Lincoln Road, 2 blocks from the beach. The hotel is surrounded by residential buildings so it is very quiet, but the noise is a few steps away if you want noise. You are welcomed by one if the nicest, most inviting front porches I have seen in the area. The rooms are spacious & like the rest of the hotel decorated in a very stylish minimalism. The pool area is very nice, as is the small restaurant. The restaurant has a lovely, covered outdoor area by the pool. The hotel staff is very helpful & very friendly. Tatiana gave great recommendations and had map with directions in hand before I could even ask. When I needed a cab, and asked if I could pay with a credit card, Ivan offered to lend me a few dollars to pay the cab! Maria answered every single question with remarkable patience. Maximo listened to the complaints I had about the room and immediately set out to correct them. The one negative of the hotel is the general upkeep. There are a lot of "marks" of wear. Lots of scuff marks, the doors all look like they have been kicked a lot, the faucet in my room is not on so tight and feels like it could come off any moment. Housekeeping could probably use a refresher course. The white tiles may have looked lovely in the beginning but they look pretty dingy now. They may also not be be the best idea as far as noise reduction. I understand this south Florida and carpeting or wood are not options with the humidify, but white tile was not the best choice for the long haul. Overall my stay was nothing short of wonderful. I cannot wait for my next visit!

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo