“This is not a B&B - It is a room to sleep in.”
Review of Blanc Kara

Blanc Kara
Ranked #32 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Massachusetts
“This is not a B&B - It is a room to sleep in.”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

If you are looking for a clean room, you have found it. It is not a B&B as a B&B has breakfast and coffee. Blanc Kara has a paper bag with a small danish and a croissant in it. Apples, bananas and oranges are free. For coffee there are 2 Nespresso capsules in the room. After that coffee capsules are $2.00. The only common area is the lobby where the attendant watches TV.

If you are looking for an amenity like cellular service, a view of something other than the side of a building 5 feet away, daylight, a place to sit outside during the day or evening, or wifi strong enough for your iPad to work in your room, this may not be the place. While Blanc Kara is new and clean, it is not the type of facility where you want to spend any time other than sleeping.

One issue was the air conditioning which has not had the fan speed adjusted. Expect a cold hurricane each time the ac kicks on. Don't worry. It is brief as all the air comes out quickly in an arctic blast and then stops.

Our friends had a deck off their room, one of 4 or 5 rooms that had a deck. That would have made things better. If you want to relax at the facility be sure to get one of these rooms. Otherwise there isn't anyplace to be outside at the facility except out on the sidewalk.

Room Tip: Get a deck if possible. It will provide a place to relax outside and may the stay enjoyable.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank EttieneR
Cynthia L, General Manager at Blanc Kara, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Hi Ettiene,

You're right, we are not a B&B, we are a hotel.
It's a mistake that I asked Trip Advisor to fix, it should be done shortly.
I am sorry that it confused you.

We will be stopping the breakfast in 2 weeks, it was just a little something we were offering our guests for free.

Cynthia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Los Angeles
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This hotel is a hidden jam. The location is perfect: quite part of South Beach, yet easy walking distance to all the major attractions. All rooms are suites, with sitting areas and kitchens. Many nice touches: Nespresso machine in a room, comfy bedding, quality toiletries. All looks clean, new and very tasteful. We didn't have any issues with customer service or front desk.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Cynthia L, General Manager at Blanc Kara, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Hello Yanka,

I am very pleased to read your kind review, thank you so much.
It's great to know that you enjoyed our rooms and our service.

Thanks again and please come back to see us soon.
Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The hotel itself was fabulous and the location is amazing (I only stay south of fifth in the quiet area). It is new, free wifi and breakfast, beautifully decorated and clean room and a great price. The only area that needed improvement was the customer service.

Hi Chewclue,

Thank you for your review and your feedback, it's important to us.
I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with our customer service, maybe you could tell me what went wrong so that we can improve ourselves?

Warm regards
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I loved this property for many reasons. Firstly, the staff were so over the top nice to us. Always greeting us, so many hello's, much appreciated. Checked in early after a very early flight and loved the room. The hotel is new and the rooms reflect this. Spacious and super clean, had a small kitchenette and plenty of space to lay our bags. it was funky all round with a beautiful bathroom and a comfortable bed for my dodgy at times back. Just one block form the beach and a short walk to all the action. Nice to stay out of the noise as well. Breakfast was included and consisted of pastries and fruit, just enough to start the day. In some ways I was glad it wasn't a full buffet breakfast because you always over do it so simple was best. I hate a full belly first thing in the morning. Noise in the hotel was very quiet even though we were the first room off reception. There is a small supermarket on the same street and a good coffee shop/ restaurant next door. Thankyou for a great stay , love it when I get it right.

2 Thank melfromaustralia
Hello Mel from Australia,

What a lovely review, thank you, thank you!
I am so delighted that you liked it so much.
The staff is trained to be as great as they possibly can, so if you say that they were over the top nice, that puts a big smile on my face :-)

Thank you for choosing us and please come back soon.
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I booked this Hotel well in advance of them opening. I was scared at first but i figured a brand new hotel, How bad could it be? Well the hotel was very nice and new. It had everything we needed, with the exception of Coffee refills in the room. I was a little taken back that we actually had to pay to have coffee in my room, since i have stayed in many places form the cheapest to the most expensive and coffee is allways replenished. Besides that everything else was good. My wife and I went to celebrate our 20 Year anniversary and we had a blast. One thing that i did not like was a fight that broke out in the middle of the night in the room next door by some drunf guests and the walls are so thin that we could hear everything! even the guest on the other side doing you know what. I would defenitly recommend the Hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi Gilbert,

Thank you for your review and thank you for choosing to stay in our hotel on such a special occasion.

A few other guests were a little disappointed just like you about not having the Nespresso capsules replenished in their rooms. We do offer them on the 1st night only. So in order to satisfy everyone, we now have free Nescafe coffee that will be offered every day and the Nespresso capsules can be purchased at the front desk.

I am sorry that you had noisy neighbours, but I hope that will not stop you from coming back.
Maybe to celebrate your 21st anniversary?
Let me know, I will make sure to have a little something special for you if you do ;-)

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I was hesitant to book at first because when I did, it wasn't even open yet and there were no reviews on the hotel but having stayed there, I'm glad I booked it. The hotel is very clean and the aesthetics is very modern, trendy and chic - loved the Saarinen table and Bertoia chairs! LOCATION: The location is in a quieter and more residential area of Miami Beach. Close to the party but far enough not to hear it. You are about 1 minute walk to the nearest Starbucks, and the beach is only about 2 minutes to walk. PARKING: The hotel doesn't have parking but there's one really close by (30-second walk) that charges $25 for 24 hours and is valet only and is primarily Spanish-speaking only, which became challenging when they lost the car keys, and when it was found, we've wasted about 30 minutes in the heat. WALLS: The hotel has thin walls, we could hear the conversations in the next room. This didn't bother me. INTERNET: Fast and free! SERVICE and STAFF: Nice and friendly. The cleaning staff went into the room 2 times while I was inside it. I would advise that they knock first. Secondly, I found cleaning supplies and equipment, laundry, garbage bags, were sprawled in the hallway all day and you had to avoid not tripping on them. These should be tucked away quickly. CONCLUSION: The hotel is a great value and is clean and new. Without a doubt, I will stay here again next time I'm in Miami.

3 Thank Dento97
Cynthia L, General Manager at Blanc Kara, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Dento,

I would like to thank you for your review, I'm very happy you liked us.
The housekeepers know that they have to knock before entering a room, I'm sorry about that, I'll make sure to point it out to them.
You should have come back to see us while waiting for your car ;-)

We will be very glad to have you over again, come back soon.
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed there mid October. There is absolutely nothing bad I can say about this hotel. It is clean and quiet. Kitchen with oven, fridge and coffee maker were a definite plus. 5 minutes away from beach and nearest bus stop. Took metro bus to get in and out of the hotel with no major headaches. Really good connection with the airport. No need to take expensive taxis. Had fresh beach towel given every day. Plus gotta love chic white and black decor throughout the hotel. Forgot to take pics on one of these fury chairs in the lobby. Will definitely be back for this very reason. Big pink restaurant literally just next door, was our fav dining spot!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank mnUSMC
Cynthia L, General Manager at Blanc Kara, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Hi,

Thank you so much for your review.

The fury white chairs in the lobby are my favorite too!
Yes, you have to come back to take a picture on them ;-)

See you very soon.