“Delicious and beautiful”

Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Stopped in here based on a recommendation by a couple of cabbies. What a great recommendation! We had the conch salad and the grilled fish, split between two of us. I think I'm not a huge fan of conch, but I did like the simplicity of it. I always see conch in fritters, which don't do anything for me. This one is a ceviche. Very nice taste. The fish came with rice and peas. I have never tasted peas like this! We also got the watercress sauce on the side and I think I could just drink this stuff. The fish was lovely. Grilled while, just the way I like it. We devoured it.
Also, the decor is really bright and beautiful. I would definitely come back and highly recommend it to others!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

A group of us went to try this place out and were delightfully surprised by the dining experience we had. The restaurant is bigger than it looks and is fitted out with incredibly decorative Haitian murals. The artwork on the chairs and tables is just wonderful - really authentic.

We kicked off with some appetizers that included Malanga fritters with watercress dipping sauce, fried akra, sweet potato and plantain with malice and watercress sauce and the spicy marinated conch ceviche, and these went down really well with cold Tusker & Prestige beers. Our mains consisted of stewed goat, conch creole, grouper in lime sauce and the shrimp in coconut sauce. The dishes were reasonably priced, of good portion, fresh and the flavours a real high point. The food was simply delicious, the tastebuds insatiable... and the Haitain Band created a casual but great vibe; these were real positives for us.

On the flipside the presentation of the food was only average, and the service was far from efficient. The stewed goat could well have been meatier, and the gratuity is insane - 18% from memory which is wrong and after arguing this point it was removed. So BEWARE!!!

Overall, our group had a fantastic time and we all agreed that we would not hesitate in coming back to try other items on the menu.

2  Thank EnJay27
Reviewed 10 August 2014

You have to try the stewed goat. This is my first Haitian restaurant that I have ever tried, but the goat stew is so good! Another option we tried was the is grouper in lime sauce - it was so flavorful! The staff is very pleasant and accommodating. Our bartender (Monica) was so cool, talkative, and explained everything to us. Parking is the biggest issue here. We parked in the parking garage about 4 blocks from the restaurant as there is no on-site parking.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is very cozy and has very nice colourful murals... which adds to yhe experience!

This restaurant is not for customers expecting fast service!

But id you are patient... you will get delicious food... worth the wait!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Went to Tap Tap for a birthday celebration July 11, 2014. I have no complaints, starting with the mojitos! We did ask for more rum to add to our drinks, it just made them better. We started with the Malanga fritters and watercress sauce, it was very tasty. I ordered the goat with rice, it was fresh and very delicious, my friend ordered the Yellowtail fried fish and she said it was very good. Others in our party had the shrimp in coconut milk and the grilled chicken, all cooked to order and very good. We did order dessert, just more mojitos. We went back to listen to the Haitian band one night, and they were very good. Loved the art on the walls and the history of the restaurant. I read the other reviews, but I have no complaints and based on my experience, I would recommend Tap Tap. Also, our waitress, Lydia, was great!