“Great food”

Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Austin, Texas
“Great food”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Great place for lunch. Excellent Cuban food. Service super friendly. Lots of variety and yummy fish.

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Iselin, New Jersey
“Excellent Authentic Cuban Food!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Puerto Sagua is a great Cuban restaurant. It's family owned and operated and you can tell by the friendly staff and amazing fresh food. You must get the beef empanadas. They are so delicious. I wish I would have packed some into my suitcase to bring home!! The ropa vijea (shredded beef) was so good! Tender pieces of shredded beef served with white rice and plantains. The roast pork shoulder was great as well. Served with moro rice and yuca. I really loved this place, I wish we had more time on our trip because I would have eaten here again!
Closed on Mondays!
Tuesday-Sunday 730-2am

• Visited May 2014
Modesto, California
“Fried fish delight”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We had first wanted to eat at THE PLACE on OCEAN DR. After no waitress for 30+ we walked 2 blocks and ended up at PUERTO SAGUA.
We found a table and this place was full of people eating, just what we needed.
Waitress was on point and we had fried fish like none other, I had the whole snapper, my husband and daughter had the specials ( grouper and king fish). Both @around$13 mine was$22. I should of known that there would be lots of bones in my snapper but worth all the picking. It's served with a huge portion of white rice and a cup of Cuban clack beans, YUMMM! We had the fried plantains and the were huge also, served with a side of fresh garlic sauce. So delicious, I'm so glad we did not eat at the pretentious "THE PLACE"
We were so glad we found this corner local place. It was definitely memorable!!! My granddaughter had, as she says the best burger ever!
Will visit again when in miami!

Castro Valley, California
“great value”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Great food with decent prices. My pork with rice and yucca was delicious. However, the black beans were a little dry. My daughter's chicken with rice and platanos were excellent. She is a picky eater, but loved her food. I would definitely come back again.

1 Thank nocciolata
New York City, New York
“Average, nothing great”
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

I dined here twice during my 5 day visit to south beach. First was for lunch. 1 dish was ordered from the specials list, Albondingas (meatballs), the other dish ordered was ropa vieja. The meal was in front of us within 2-3 minutes of ordering. Unfortunately, both were lacking something and needed more flavor.
I decided to give it a second chance and returned for breakfast a few days later. We ordered an omelette and a scrambled egg mix with a side of pancakes to split. Again, nothing fancy but filling. I wasn't too pleased with the pancakes and the orange juice was very tangy and did not seem to taste like it was fresh squeezed as noted on the menu. The Cafe con Leche wasn't my favorite either, but the Quattro Leches Cake was really good. The prices are a bit high for the establishment and quality of food. Unlike most, they did not automatically add gratuity to our bill (party of 2). There's plenty of other options in the area, I'd go to one of them over this restaurant if you are looking for a flavorful meal.

1 Thank _Tiffy_I