“Authentic Cuban Food on Collins”
Review of Puerto Sagua

Puerto Sagua
Ranked #52 of 1,103 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Price range: US$12 - US$38
Cuisines: Diner, Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

The decor might be a bit dated, but it is clean, affordable, and serves up excellent Cuban food. Service at the counter was friendly and fast. Shared a large Cuban sandwich, moros, and tostones. Capped it off with Cuban coffee. It was the perfect place after seeing all of the outrageously expensive South Beach cafe dishes. If Cuban food is what you are looking for on South Beach this is the place. Mix of locals and tourists.

There are newer reviews for Puerto Sagua

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Go there, eat, be happy. We had the Ropa Vieja and the Pollo Asado. Delicious, went back next day for more :)

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Great place for lunch. Excellent Cuban food. Service super friendly. Lots of variety and yummy fish.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Puerto Sagua is a great Cuban restaurant. It's family owned and operated and you can tell by the friendly staff and amazing fresh food. You must get the beef empanadas. They are so delicious. I wish I would have packed some into my suitcase to bring home!! The ropa vijea (shredded beef) was so good! Tender pieces of shredded beef served with white rice and plantains. The roast pork shoulder was great as well. Served with moro rice and yuca. I really loved this place, I wish we had more time on our trip because I would have eaten here again!
Closed on Mondays!
Tuesday-Sunday 730-2am

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We had first wanted to eat at THE PLACE on OCEAN DR. After no waitress for 30+ we walked 2 blocks and ended up at PUERTO SAGUA.
We found a table and this place was full of people eating, just what we needed.
Waitress was on point and we had fried fish like none other, I had the whole snapper, my husband and daughter had the specials ( grouper and king fish). Both @around$13 mine was$22. I should of known that there would be lots of bones in my snapper but worth all the picking. It's served with a huge portion of white rice and a cup of Cuban clack beans, YUMMM! We had the fried plantains and the were huge also, served with a side of fresh garlic sauce. So delicious, I'm so glad we did not eat at the pretentious "THE PLACE"
We were so glad we found this corner local place. It was definitely memorable!!! My granddaughter had, as she says the best burger ever!
Will visit again when in miami!