“Good food, lunch buffet or dinner”

Thali Indian & Thai
Ranked #763 of 1,074 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Thai
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Flamingo / Lummus
aaronlife
“Good food, lunch buffet or dinner”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Been going to their lunch buffet for years, always very tasty. Had a groupon to dinner...

Ordered the lentil soup which was really good, the vegetable dosas, again really good, especially with the coconut dip/topping. Then for dinner ordered a Vegetable Korma, which was tasty but a little too sweet for me, but my wife really liked. I had the fish curry which was delicious, and my wife ordered a lamb curry which she really liked.

I would give the food 4 stars.

Service was excellent (5 stars overall), though they didn't notice us come in, as the restaurant was near empty on a Tuesday night and no one was watching the door. We had our pick of seats and the food came out fast, so the empty restaurant was a plus.

My only critique is that the men's room was disgusting, the toilet was blocked, the waste basket was overflowing, and the dirtiness and black tile and shabby hallway/door, just made the entire experience unpleasant. All of this could easily be rectified, and maybe it's better on other days, I can't comment to that, but if not, I would start by sprucing up the hallway and door, and stay on top of the restroom. What a restaurant looks like behind the seating area is as important as how it presents when you walk in.

Fortunately the food was good enough that I'd be back.

If you get a groupon, it makes the meal a really good value (entrees are normally $12-$17), but be forewarned, I was told when I called prior to going that you must use a tablet or smart phone to use the groupon because they have issues with processing printouts. I didn't push the issue, so I don't know how much of an issue it really is, but just be aware... call ahead to confirm how to use your groupon.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank aaronlife

Bengaluru, India
“Excellent Indian Food on SoBe”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I will say I had an excellent Indian food with great taste here at Thali. I had Chole Batura and Samosa here and they both were having great taste and very reasonable price. I was not expecting this kind of taste at South Beach but I was surprised.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank alkarpe
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Shocking”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Chuck some thin cut chicken breast in various curry sauce, that's not Indian dear.
Very very disappointed, nice waitress, so left a tip, offered buffet only menu at night,
Few days ago tried to order delivery, was told sorry not happening.
Disgraceful, shocking.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank princessofvisconde
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good dinner, bit pricey but okay as you are on SoBe.”
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

Very good, hard working and pleasant staff. Very good food. Very good service. I am keeping it at four as it is bit pricey, but if you are looking for good indian food at sobe it is the place.
Avoid GuRu which is near by. I am not sure how lunch is at thali but dinner was good.

I would recommend dal makhani. It was best.

• Visited September 2013
London
“Simple, honest Indian food”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We were a party of 4. 2 adults and 2 children aged 7 & 11.

The service was just OK as they had waitresses that were from seemed like Europe, so not really your usual American welcome, but they were good and understood the menu fully and gave a service with a smile.

The food was good, honest, simple Indian food. Nothing fancy, nothing to boost about. The portions were a good size and the food was tasty. The menu was varied and catered for veg and non-veg.

On another day we tried the lunch time buffet. Again, good, honest, simple food. A good variety of choice for both veg and non-veg. I was not keen on the food just sitting on the hot plate for hours.

I was somewhat annoyed as a 15% service charge was added to the bill when in fact there was little or no waitress required. This was a self service buffet.

• Visited August 2013