“A true gem to be visited in Miami Beach”

Tamara at the National Hotel
Ranked #290 of 1,116 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: American, French, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: View, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Center
Reviewed 16 March 2014

In Miami Beach for a business conference - not in South Beach. My wife and I left the conference hotel (not the National) and went to see as many of the Art Deco era classics as we could. The National was incredible! This hotel is truly a classic, and looks as good-or better- as it did when first opened in 1939!
We went in to see the restaurant menu, and stayed for supper. Appetizer-Great! Salad-Scrumptious! My wife had the Lobster Ravioli, and I had the bone-in Filet- melted in my mouth! Key Lime pie for desert topped off a great meal, the credit for most of which goes to a truly exceptional staff and our waiter, Francisco. When you visit, ask for Francisco. It has been a long time since we have finished a meal truly impressed like we were with Francisco. When we return to Miami Beach we will stay at The National, and we will enjoy our meals with Francisco.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

I ate here daily for a few days and was very pleased. I ate asparagus daily and it was the best.
I also had excellent service with the waitress/bartender Johanna.
I hope to be back in this area for vacation as opposed to work soon, and I would not hesitate to stay at the National once again

Reviewed 4 June 2013

We tried this restaurant in our hotel for our first morning. It was a bit pricey but the food was good and the waiter was very friendly. Sat at an outside table with a good view of the pool. Very relaxing.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

Tamara at the National Hotel is one of the greatest of the hidden culinary treats in South Beach!It's located in the grand 1940 National Hotel and to walk into the lobby is to step back in time to that glamorous pre-war period. The restaurant takes its name from the most famous of the female Art Deco painters, Tamara de Lempicka (a Polish emigree who made her way to Paris and then LA in the 1930's) and a huge mosaic of her graces the dining room ceiling. The cuisine here is international with a ride range of salads, fish and meat entrees that can eaten inside or on the glorious terrace overlooking the longest swimming pool in South Beach (and the Atlantic Ocean beyond). Sunday brunches seem especially popular with visitors and local residents alike, and there were notices up recently that there will be special Mother's Day 2013 brunch. Not to be missed!

1  Thank Marty M
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We recently had the pleasure of going to a family wedding at The National in South Beach. We had the Welcome Party, Wedding and Brunch at the Hotel and each function was better than the last. The staff couldn't do enough for you and there isn't a place on South Beach that could have better ambiance! The lobby was Art Deco and I've been told just recently renovated. It was warm and inviting. The pool area was like going back in time. There were 2 pools over looking the beach, 1 long lap pool and the other a more traditional pool with friendly staff around serving drinks and food poolside.
The setting for the Wedding was spectacular overlooking the pool. We had cocktails on the terrace and dinner was served buffet style at the pool area under a canopy. Food was delicious.
Brunch the next day was on the terrace overlooking another pool. The staff, again couldn't have been nicer and helped seat people in the private area for the wedding guests. Food was very good with your typical breakfast items on the buffet.
I unfortunately didn't stay at the hotel so I am not able to give a review on the rooms.
We would definitely stay here next time we are in South Beach.