I stayed here for 5 nights, here are the pros and cons:
Pros: friendly staff, clean sheets,blanket, and towels whenever you want to change them out, free breakfast(although it was slightly dry bagels, toppings, banana, and oranges and coffee every day), excellent location if you want to go to the beach (literally 3 blocks), not loud (I am a light sleeper and the noise wasn't bad, occasional people talking in the halls but no yelling or anything. They also provide free earplugs), clean kitchen, shuttle service is $15 (or they can call you a cab to the airport, they say you get a special rate of $34 if you get it thru them), the cleaning staff was nice, and emptied room trash every day.
The water in the showers was hot if you didn't take it during peak times (morning basically). Each room has an air conditioner.
And, I felt very safe. As a woman traveling solo, I liked that you need a key card to get into the bathroom as well as the dorm area, as well as your room. It felt like a safe area to be at night as there were a ton if tourists walking around and a fair amount of police.
And it seemed like all the staff spoke Spanish very well. AND ITS RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO AMAZING FISH TACOS: My Ceviche is literally right next to it and has buy one get one tacos on weekdays btwn 4-6pm. So good.
Cons: the beds were extremely uncomfortable. I could feel springs thru the fabric of the mattress. I thought I maybe needed to turn it over, but it's the same on the other side. I could not sleep very well on them at all. It was kind of the same with the pillows- not very comfy. Sobe hostel, you are so awesome, but PLEASE CHANGE YOUR MATTRESSES!!!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Breakfast and Free Dinner included for all our guests. The newly remodeled South Beach Hostel is the perfect place to stay when you want to experience all that Miami Beach has to offer. Our boutique Hostel with its trendy and cozy ambiance is the only Miami Hostel with a lounge and full bar where you can meet other travelers. Ideally located in the heart of the Deco District, The South Beach Hostel is 2 blocks from the beach & 5 minute walk from the vibrant Clubs & Shops that make South Beach so characteristic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your SoBe Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- SoBe Hostel Miami Beach, Florida