“Ok”
Review of SoBe Hostel

SoBe Hostel
Reviewed 29 January 2010

Hostel is near all major attractions in the South beach area. Dorms are ok.
The common rooms and the bar in the hostel are nice.

Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,379)

Reviewed 26 January 2010

I booked a private room at The South Beach Hostel and prepaid two months in advance through a booking company. The hotel gave a confirmation number. On the day I was to arrive I called for directions and they said they did not have my reservation, could not find the confirmation number or my name in their system, and they had no private rooms available. They were really rude to me. The booking company wasn't able to get it resolved either when I called them so they relocated me to another hotel. Imagine if I had arrived at 10pm and found this out? I would never trust them again. I understand mistakes happen, but there is no excuse for the attitude and rudeness the front desk gave to me.

Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2009

....The people who work there were nice to me when I was exhausted....From the front desk to the bartender they made me feel at home. Nothing can be perfect but I seem to have stayed there when there was a good group of people. I left to Key West thinking I should have stayed a couple more days...As far as hostels go this was an awesome pleasant surprise......Robert Taylor

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank MarkTaylor1967
Reviewed 23 December 2009

Given the impression from Quintin Tarantino's movie, of the same title, i thought i was going to lose a kidney, or worst, as a result of staying at such a budget rate lodging, filled with shady characters & unsavory drunks. However upon arrival, i exchanged greetings with many friendly international guest, surrounded by very helpful & smiling staff. Hi Alain! my sense of foreboding was soon replaced by it upbeat party happening atmosphere, without even having to go the 2 blocks towards the beach front. i had such a wonderful stay. i am coming back soon. it feels like europe located smack in washington avenue, at a budget!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Scoregiarre
Reviewed 14 December 2009

Great location, everybody was very friendly, very youth place and safe to stay. Good atmosphere, international companion. Wonderful beach near to the Hostel. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

I am planning to stay in my next trip.

Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank QASIMJeddah
Reviewed 12 December 2009

if you want to save money and want to have party, this hostel is the perfect place to go. It's only two blocks away from the beach, bars, clubs and restaurants. There is also a bar and a pool table in the hostel lobby.
If you want to make any trips (to the Everglades, Key West etc.) you should plan them in advance. Most of the staff working their was not very helpful. She couldn't answer any question we had and she did not really want to help us either. If you organize the trips by yourself, it will be much cheaper.
It can be really cold in the rooms, because of the AC. You can ask for extra blankets(5Dollar deposit). They won't offer them by themselves. It's the same with towels.
The breakfast was one Bagel, sometimes with a banana and coffee or orange juice. It was ok.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank SunDiego09
Reviewed 2 December 2009

This is the best hostel we have stayed in so far. They have real key card locks on the doors, and you can't even enter the actual room area without your key card. We had a 4 bed dorm for just the 2 of us, with a shared bathroom. Everything was very clean. They have a free breakfast in the morning (big fluffy bagels and oranges and coffee) and a bar with reasonably priced beer. We had a great time and would highly recommend this place. Alain, one of the guys manning the check-in desk, was very informative and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple